~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

5 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Also without look it up I don't think it's killed anywhere near 100k since like 58'.

Quick google links to the CDC that says "34,200 deaths during the 2018–2019 influenza season"

WWW.CDC.GOV

CDC calculates estimates of disease burden in the United States using surveillance data and modeling to adjust for sources of under-detection. Burden estimates for the 2018-2019 season found here.

But I look forward to the media wasting 3 days arguing that maybe he means world wide when that doesn't fucking matter. -.-

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Also without look it up I don't think it's killed anywhere near 100k since like 58'.

Yeah:

2010 – 2011    37,000
2011 – 2012    12,000
2012 – 2013    43,000
2013 – 2014    38,000
2014 – 2015    51,000
2015 – 2016    23,000
2016 – 2017    38,000
2017 – 2018    61,000
2018 – 2019   34,157

Sure, what he said is false, but "shut up nerd" is kinda his brand and his base loves it because they can't be bothered to educate themselves throughout their lives on pretty much anything. Its a calculation that has paid off for him time and time again.  It's probably because they already know that they, and Jesus, are always right. 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Of course removing his mask on the White House balcony will resonate with his base - but does anyone actually think it will help him with every single other segment of the population?  

Nope, I question if it does not hurt him in some regards. Instead of seeing a strong defiant man we saw and old man gasping for air as he stood there. That lone bit made him look way more sick then what has been projected over the weekend.

33 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Sure, what he said is false, but "shut up nerd" is kinda his brand and his base loves it because they can't be bothered to educate themselves throughout their lives on pretty much anything. Its a calculation that has paid off for him time and time again.  It's probably because they already know that they, and Jesus, are always right. 

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Of course removing his mask on the White House balcony will resonate with his base - but does anyone actually think it will help him with every single other segment of the population?  

It's what I keep telling people: don't worry about what the base does. It's irrelevant to the election.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Let's hope that all pans out! I want to believe but, uh, I'm... Biden my time! 

Walking Away From Explosions GIFs | Tenor

I'm not saying, "Rest assured that Biden is 100% going to win." I'm just saying that people care too much what the base thinks. Hillary's base didn't abandon her after Comey's letter, but she still lost because there's more to America than a candidate's base of support.

That's why it's called a base to begin with. They start with that foundation and try to build upon it.

I guess I just assume that there are more dumb people than bright people in the world and that cretans like Trump represent their kind of leader. You know how people say, I like a person who challenges me? Yeah, they're lying. People like to be lied to, and that's a problem we are currently enjoying. 

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Has the seasonal Flu ever killed over 200,000 people in seven months in this country? Asking for a friend.

And what if during those 7 months the country was taking unprecedented precautions to try to stop the spread?

It's not even in the same ballpark. We never do shit about the flu and it usually kills like 20-50,000 people. We closed half the country down and locked ourselves in our houses, shut down most public gatherings and concerts and sports and we still have 210,000 dead.

THIS <MANS ACTIONS ARE LEADING TO PEOPLE DYING. Donald Trump IS ACTIVELY KILLING PEOPLE WITH HIS ACTIONS. HE IS KILLING PEOPLE.

4 minutes ago, ort said:

And what if during those 7 months the country was taking unprecedented precautions to try to stop the spread?

It's not even in the same ballpark. We never do shit about the flu and it kills like 20-40,000 people or whatever. We closed half the country down and locked ourselves in our houses, shut down most public gatherings and concerts and sports and we still have 210,000 dead.

THIS <MANS ACTIONS ARE LEADING TO PEOPLE DYING. Donald Trump IS ACTIVELY KILLING PEOPLE WITH HIS ACTIONS. HE IS KILLING PEOPLE.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

In regards to Trump's flu tweet, Facebook just took it down as it broke police on COVID-19 misinformation.

Damage was already done, now his supporters will just say “the truth is being censored” or some nonsense.

Someone replying probably: why don’t you give credit for FB doing something right???

My reply: because fuck FB