~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

It hurt so bad and we couldn't breathe haha. Certainly made us shop faster though.

Since you said you already had them, I won’t give you shit. You’re not hurting anything. 

But to everyone else, please stop buying these things in bulk and stealing them from hospitals. Facilities, including mine, are legit running out of the things. This includes basic masks. We’re having to ration them at work. Never seen anything like it. 

Just practicing hand hygiene and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze will do more than anything. And minimizing your public excursions, especially if you’re symptomatic. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Since you said you already had them, I won’t give you shit. You’re not hurting anything. 

But to everyone else, please stop buying these things in bulk and stealing them from hospitals. Facilities, including mine, are legit running out of the things. This includes basic masks. We’re having to ration them at work. Never seen anything like it. 

Just practicing hand hygiene and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze will do more than anything. And minimizing your public excursions, especially if you’re symptomatic. 

Everytime the subject is brought up on TV I see healthcare professionals say the same thing. Most people think the masks are doing the exact opposite of what they actually do.

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My doctor friend in Jersey City can't get N95 masks right now. It's sickening because he has been declared an "urgent office" and will remain open.

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Jose needs to adopt my strategy because I walked into the store naked so everyone ran out disgusted and I socially distanced them. I'm basically a hero in these parts, a true florida man

My full erection guarantees that people will stay at least six feet away from me.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Jose needs to adopt my strategy because I walked into the store naked so everyone ran out disgusted and I socially distanced them. I'm basically a hero in these parts, a true florida man

Honestly we probably got similar looks. 

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I went up to the theater tonight after everybody was gone to shut everything off. I started crying while doing it and haven’t stopped. I know we will go back to work at some point, but when you’ve poured so much of yourself into something and it’s just...gone. Soul crushing. 

Condolences :rose:I think it’s likely there’s going to be a lot of ‘pent up demand’ once things go back to normal, particularly for entertainment services like yours, so maybe you can cheer yourself up by thinking of it as a dreary foretokening of a big boom in your business.

17 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Closing the borders to Americans would destroy the economy -- and seriously impact the supply chain (for food, and more).  It really isn't practical.

You can let shipping through without letting in general travel. Also, it'd obviously be a lot of extra work, but you could transfer everything to Canadian trucks and trains at the border. 

10 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Basically Obama's team showed 30 of Trump's team the key things to look out for in this exact situation...and almost none of those people are still in the White House.

So remember when Trump said he knew nothing about firing the Pandemic team? Well...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-video-trump-pandemic-team-cut-2018-a9405191.html?fbclid=IwAR2qaYuSnPw5DEqrE0Llaa_TdoMJ3kUhLRK-zfL2YiI3hQAeMoKvkOiMcuo

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

You can let shipping through without letting in general travel. Also, it'd obviously be a lot of extra work, but you could transfer everything to Canadian trucks and trains at the border. 

There isn't an infrastructure to do that.  ~7,000 trucks cross the border each day between Windsor and Detroit alone.

Ontario declares state of emergency

Ontario Premier Doug Ford is declaring a state of emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

He says this is an unprecedented time in our history and this decision was not made lightly.

Ford says the order bans public events of over 50 people, including parades, events and services within places of worship until March 31.

Effective immediately, the province has ordered the closure of all facilities providing indoor recreation programs, all public libraries, all private schools, all licensed childcare centres, all theatres, cinemas and concert venues, and all bars and restaurants except to provide takeout food and delivery.

Ford says this is not a provincial shut down and the majority businesses won't be affected by the order.

Essential services such as grocery stores will continue to operate.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Here's a long explanation by a doctor what is required for these things to actually work

https://www.boredpanda.com/coronavirus-medical-mask-proper-use-doctor-leora-horwitz/

The only reason I go to the bank is quarters for laundry, so using the drive-through isn’t an option. Fortunately I had the foresight to stop in yesterday and get about 10 loads worth, so that should last me awhile. Beyond that, it may get real stinky in the Chris- household.