Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

It says basically what @JPDunks4 posted with the article, it's just really flowery about it. They say that MS will announce they are acquiring Kojima Productions at The Game Awards and that there will probably be a trailer of the new game they are working on. They say their source is Keighley, who hinted at it to them.

I guess we'll see if they're full of it next week, and whether they just destroyed any relationship they have with Keighley.

9 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

True, but P.T. didn't really have any defining franchise characteristics, so I think it would be easy to just run with whatever that was and just not tie it into Silent Hill.

P.T was published by Konami too, so they may share in the rights for it.

I still have my base ps4 (gave away my pro) and my launch ps3, literally just because I have P.T. on them. The atmosphere of that is one of the most incredible I’ve ever seen in a game.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

It looks better standing up, but I have my horizontal because it won’t fit vertically in my entertainment center :p 

My issue is the opposite!  I don't think it'll fit horizontally in my entertainment center.  I can probably put it either way next to the TV though.  I'll have to see how large it is.

I have it vertical. I like the green accents on the top. 

Microsoft has done a tremendous job designing this console. It is legit silent. Playing Valhalla on it for hours and it’s relatively cool when I’m done. I know because I rest the controller on top after I turn it off. The disc drive is much quieter than the PS5 too. 

Star Trek Applause GIF

2 hours ago, The def star said:

The only game that it doesn't work with that I got is Dirt 5 and it's annoying :angry:

I have been using it with Valhalla, Call of the Sea and Impossible Lair. There are times when I switch to Valhalla the game state is gone. Not sure what happens but it only happens to Valhalla. 

11 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I have been using it with Valhalla, Call of the Sea and Impossible Lair. There are times when I switch to Valhalla the game state is gone. Not sure what happens but it only happens to Valhalla. 

That might be an issue with that game. I've used it with several games and apps and haven't had any issues at all. I've gone from Resident Evil 3, to Netflix, To Amazon Prime, to Cyberpunk to RE3 again with no problems... that's what prompted me to make that post :p

There's something weird going on with Ubigames this fall... Watchdogs had a lot of weirdness too... I think it has something to do with these games always needing to communicate with Ubi's servers or something.

Games randomly closing instead of staying in the quick resume state is common - IGN and others brought it up in their XSX review. It’s happened to me in AC:V, RDR2, and Yakuza (Zero?). It’d be nice if there was a way to see what games are in a QR state or even to be able to “set” games to the state. It works most of the time, however.