IGN'S Top 100 Games of All Time 2019 Edition

skillzdadirecta

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

IGN clickbait, I won’t go. Someone post the list.

Top 10:

10- Super Mario 64
9- Red Dead Redemption
8- Half Life 2
7- Tetris
6- Super Mario Bros 3
5- Zelda Breath of the Wild
4- Super Metroid
3- Portal 2
2- Zelda A Link to the Past
1- Super Mario World

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, number305 said:

NHL '94 not being in the top ten makes this list invalid. 

Agreed.  NHL '94 is one of my favourite games of all time.

39 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I have no idea what was confusing about what I said.

Of all of the stupid things in this list, having the two Portal games in the top 20 is not one of them.  Its confusing that anyone would question why so many people think they are so good.

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Agreed.  NHL is one of my favourite games of all time.

Of all of the stupid things in this list, having the two Portal games in the top 20 is not one of them.  Its confusing that anyone would question why so many people think they are so good.

Uhhh...I love both games. Can you not read? But they're pretty similar for them to both be placed so close to each other. 

I think it's a bit much to have 3 Mario Games and 2 Zelda games in the Top 10. 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Uhhh...I love both games. Can you not read? But they're pretty similar for them to both be placed so close to each other. 

I think it's a bit much to have 3 Mario Games and 2 Zelda games in the Top 10. 

:shrug:

If they've decided to let more than one game in a franchise in their list, there is nothing strange about both Portal games being so high.  IMHO, both clearly deserve to be in the top 20.

Based on my personal dislike for 2D platform games, I completely agree with you on the Mario games.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Six of the top ten are Nintendo games... I thought you guys would be creaming yourselves in agreement over this list :lol:

Honestly don't think 6 of the top 10 going to Nintendo is nuts.  It's more odd for the ones they picked and how they ordered them.

Galaxy 2 > SM64

Link's Awakening > Link to the Past
Metroid Prime > Super Metroid
Tetris Effect > Tetris 99 > Tetris DS > Tetris GB
OoT > BoTW
Super Mario World shouldn't be in the top 10, let alone #1, or ahead of SMB3

It feels like they're biased towards the most innovative games (SM64, Tetris, BoTW) at the time, and Nintendo's SNES output generally.  I think Nintendo's done better.

I have nothing against World.  I just think that there's at least two better Mario games in existence (SMB3, Galaxy 2), and those games deserve top 10 spots.

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Prior to emulation / re releases where you could save, there’s no world in which SMB3 > SMW. 

So SMB3 Advanced is better than World?  I'll take it, why not.

I'm sure they have a vastly different staff compared to when they created the original list. Stuff like Portal 1 being in the top 20 and 2 being in the top 10 suggests they don't really trim the fat on their process, which I kind of respect. What you get is what you get. 

It's an impossible task to undertake in the first place, and the reactions in this thread are probably why a lot of publications don't really even try. I like seeing these, regardless if I agree with them or not. It's just for fun. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I'm sure they have a vastly different staff compared to when they created the original list. Stuff like Portal 1 being in the top 20 and 2 being in the top 10 suggests they don't really trim the fat on their process, which I kind of respect. What you get is what you get. 

It's an impossible task to undertake in the first place, and the reactions in this thread are probably why a lot of publications don't really even try. I like seeing these, regardless if I agree with them or not. It's just for fun. 

There's nothing "fun" about Pokemon Go.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

No this is just a reminder of why IGN sucks and why we all left that place and why OP should be banned 

• Haha 2