Jump to content

DC's Titans Trailer


Wild
 Share

Recommended Posts

Remember when DC was rebooting all of their comics with New 52? Remember when they reboot the Titans and everyone was pissed and completely befuddled by why DC didn't capitalize on the success of the Teen Titans cartoon and not go all grim dark? That was nearly a decade ago. Good to know DC hasn't learned anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The shitty side to this is that the trailer is terrible and the show looks awful, but it's the actors who end up taking the brunt of the shit for it when it's not their fault. The woman playing Starfire has left twitter because she was being harassed by racists. It's a pathetic situation all around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

I just binged both seasons and holy shit is this show a trainwreck. Great costume design, and I think the casting is good and the actors are probably elevating the material from unwatchable to just bad...but holy shit.

 

The first season season was slow, and the second season...I've never seen a show get so utterly lost. Even when the Arrowverse shows start stalling to get to episode 22 sometime around episode 15 they don't completely lose the thread the way season 2 did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just binged both seasons and holy shit is this show a trainwreck. Great costume design, and I think the casting is good and the actors are probably elevating the material from unwatchable to just bad...but holy shit.

 

The first season season was slow, and the second season...I've never seen a show get so utterly lost. Even when the Arrowverse shows start stalling to get to episode 22 sometime around episode 15 they don't completely lose the thread the way season 2 did.

So i made the right decision in not even bothering with the second season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So i made the right decision in not even bothering with the second season.

 

It has good moments and I'll probably give season 3 a chance...I think I wasn't as down on season 1 as it sounds like you were, I felt like season 1 was more like just a higher-budget Arrowverse show in terms of being similar on how those shows often move too slowly. Season 2 starts stronger but then gets very disjointed after a few episodes.

 

I did post immediately after finishing it and the end of the finale has a really ridiculous death where someone gets killed by something that should have been trivial compared to the beating they were taking not five minutes prior. But overall trainwreck may be a touch too harsh. It has potential but they're failing to tap it.

 

Let's start here--do you like any of the Arrowverse shows? If you like any of those then I'd say it's good enough to put on while doing other stuff, if not necessarily to sit down and give your undivided attention to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 1:38 AM, Jason said:

 

It has good moments and I'll probably give season 3 a chance...I think I wasn't as down on season 1 as it sounds like you were, I felt like season 1 was more like just a higher-budget Arrowverse show in terms of being similar on how those shows often move too slowly. Season 2 starts stronger but then gets very disjointed after a few episodes.

 

I did post immediately after finishing it and the end of the finale has a really ridiculous death where someone gets killed by something that should have been trivial compared to the beating they were taking not five minutes prior. But overall trainwreck may be a touch too harsh. It has potential but they're failing to tap it.

 

Let's start here--do you like any of the Arrowverse shows? If you like any of those then I'd say it's good enough to put on while doing other stuff, if not necessarily to sit down and give your undivided attention to.

 

I found Season 1 to be like slow torture, definitely ripping off Arrow because at two different points Dick flirts with the line, "I am someone else, I am something else."

 

So in contrast to that, I enjoyed Season 2 tenfold.  I didn't mind that storylines jumped off the rails and went all over the place, because at least shit was happening (save for a couple of lulls) and it didn't take much for me to fill in the gaps.  And, uh, mild spoilers, but Deathstroke's antagonism was far more interesting than Trigon's.  I also liked the Bruce moments.  My main gripe with the ending was how compressed it was, particularly with how it handles Garth and Conner seemingly being publicly redeemed so quickly.  Garth in particular is probably going to be permanently psychologically fucked up (unless magic) if they stay consistent with his character arc from Season 1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...