Joker releasing on October 4th, 2019

Just now, Emblazon said:

Does this mean Jared Leto is out of the role?

I don't think so. WB hasn't been clear but they did state at one point they had no issue with multiple actors playing a character specifically  playing Joker since this is suppose to be a stand alone movie.

3 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I don't think so. WB hasn't been clear but they did state at one point they had no issue with multiple actors playing a character specifically  playing Joker since this is suppose to be a stand alone movie.

Yet they're still pulling the bullshit with taking characters away from the TV shows "to avoid confusing audiences". :facepalm:

• Thanks 1

It stars Joaquin Phoenix and is being directed by Todd Phillips (Road Trip, Old School, Starsky & Hutch remake, School for Scoundrels, The Hangover trilogy, Due Date, and War Dogs). That's some real power and talent behind a film I otherwise think will not be good at all and may not even happen. I won't believe it until at least a trailer. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I dunno... Killing Joke didn't ruin him even though that origin was never confirmed as definitive.

Yeah but as great as Killing Joke is, and it is pretty great, a lot of Batman fans, and I think even Alan Moore himself, has said that The Joker is just more mysterious and better overall with no origin, as just a force of destructive nature.

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

Yeah but as great as Killing Joke is, and it is pretty great, a lot of Batman fans, and I think even Alan Moore himself, has said that The Joker is just more mysterious and better overall with no origin, as just a force of destructive nature.

Sure... but my point was that Killing Joke had been his origin for about 30 years and it didn't take away from the character. If anything he grew in popularity. An origin won't ruin him and it wouldn't stick anyway.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sure... but my point was that Killing Joke had been his origin for about 30 years and it didn't take away from the character. If anything he grew in popularity. An origin won't ruin him and it wouldn't stick anyway.

True. I guess if this is just a standalone movie it could be interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if this movie is basically a longer, more fleshed out version of The Killing Joke in live-action. Couldn't be any worse than the DC Animated version.

10 hours ago, Brick said:

I hope they use some of the Killing Joke in the script.