Active Shooter in Philadelphia

42 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

There's a simple solution that gun-grabbers just don't want to acknowledge. We simply train personnel in the use of firearms, give them uniforms and authority, and have them patrol the streets. If we did this, gun violence would disappear. We could call these people police...oh. 

They really just need to be able to gun down whomever with complete impunity

3 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Any word on the type of weapon that's being used?

Not yet.  I'd wager it's a handgun, but who knows?  It was a criminal that they were serving a warrant on.  Started as a drug activity call.  He's barricaded himself inside the building.  They've called him and he's answered but won't say anything.  My guess is he's scared and panicking because he knows he's fucked.  Hopefully he finds some sense and gives himself up. 

7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He’s black and the police somehow managed to not kill him. Interesting! :thinking:

Didn’t want to make it in the Existing While Black thread.

Will be interesting to see the length of the individual’s record. (Laws should have prevented him from having a gun)

9 minutes ago, Dodger said:

The "struggle" was probably the taking him alive part. They probably could have shot the dude and called it a day a long time ago. But then everyone would be mad they shot the black guy and not the white guy

Actually, you're probably right. tbh, I'm glad they took him in alive for questioning and that all the cops are out of hospital and okay.

The idea the guy on Twitter is saying, though -- that arming your 9th grade social studies teacher isn't going to make your kids safer and will likely make that gun more likely to be stolen by some kid -- is still a good point.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Actually, you're probably right. tbh, I'm glad they took him in alive for questioning and that all the cops are out of hospital and okay.

The idea the guy on Twitter is saying, though -- that arming your 9th grade social studies teacher isn't going to make your kids safer and will likely make that gun more likely to be stolen by some kid -- is still a good point.

I don't support the good guys with guns argument, I just don't think we should be using it here. They could have pretty easily justified just shooting this guy, and like you I'm glad they were able to take him into custody alive. Then again, this is a low bar to clear, being happy the police did their damn job instead of just shooting someone to easily get out of it.

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

The issue was the police did not have enough guns, and the guy was playing GTA Online the entire time making him highly trained and nearly invincible. 

In GTA Online can't you not die while in your apartment? 

2 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

1. "...This vile rhetoric puts our police in danger.." - It's almost like publicly demonizing groups of people can make others fearful of or aggressive towards them!  :o  Now where have we seen this before....?

2. Maybe the police should, you know, stop being deserving of all the criticism.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

1. "...This vile rhetoric puts our police in danger.." - It's almost like publicly demonizing groups of people can make others fearful of or aggressive towards them!  :o  Now where have we seen this before....?

2. Maybe the police should, you know, stop being deserving of all the criticism.

I wonder how much of this rhetoric is coming from the DA himself and what is made up Trump world bullshit

So which DA is at fault for officers being ambushed in Missouri?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/us/missouri-shooting-standoff/index.html

A standoff in a home near Van Buren is ongoing, said Missouri Highway Patrol Lt. Collin Stosberg.

Officers and deputies were attempting to talk to a man in the house when he surprised them with gunfire, the state patrol said in a statement.

One Carter County deputy and a trooper were wounded.