Breaking: 22 year-old anime fan opens fire on Federal building in Dallas

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Seeing if someone has anxiety or depression over the internet is a lot easier than the other disorders. 

Why did you ask him if he had autism if you hadn't already made a diagnosis in your head? Weird question to ask.

You were dishonest. I called you out. I never made a diagnosis of any sort. I asked a question based on years of interaction and observation, not a few dumb posts. It's over and done, now we can move on. Continue talking about things that trigger Wade or whatever. Or keep on being outraged. No matter to me.

19 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I can 100% assure you that whatever experience you're describing to me in no way, shape, or form can even be remotely characterized as "crazy".

Unless there's literally nothing you view as crazy in this world, I call bullshit. 

I've been chased by a severely mentally disabled teenager throwing feces and menstrual blood at me. Then I had to chase said child in the hallways as she was covered in blood and feces, completely naked and leaving a trail all the way to the elevators. I had to haul her back to her room, force her into the shower, clean feces from her hair, inside her ears, brush the feces from her mouth, then put her in four point restraints until the medications kicked in.Then I had to clean the bodily wastes from the walls and floor. I then went and bathed myself in the bathroom sink, changed into new scrubs and carried on with the remaining half of my 12 hour shift. 

That might be the craziest thing I've ever experienced. Most people would characterize that as pretty nuts. You might not, but I'd love to picture you doing it.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I hope you’re all aware that you’re two months behind on Autism Awareness Month. Yikes! It’s so epic, that it’s crazy. I think we all need a vacay but we have 0 days for that. Maybe we could just eat some veggies instead?

:dab2:

I'm actually thinking about a vacay to Eastern Europe to experience Slavic culture. That would be epic.

22 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Unless there's literally nothing you view as crazy in this world, I call bullshit. 

I've been chased by a severely mentally disabled teenager throwing feces and menstrual blood at me. Then I had to chase said child in the hallways as she was covered in blood and feces, completely naked and leaving a trail all the way to the elevators. I had to haul her back to her room, force her into the shower, clean feces from her hair, inside her ears, brush the feces from her mouth, then put her in four point restraints until the medications kicked in.Then I had to clean the bodily wastes from the walls and floor. I then went and bathed myself in the bathroom sink, changed into new scrubs and carried on with the remaining half of my 12 hour shift. 

That might be the craziest thing I've ever experienced. Most people would characterize that as pretty nuts. You might not, but I'd love to picture you doing it.

I was referring to the 99.9% of typically somewhat "mildly interesting" events that are described as "crazy" by people whose vocabulary is so limited or whose sense of self-worth is so elevated as to use that term.

As for the incident you described, I would not necessarily characterize it as "crazy" as such an event is not necessarily totally out if the realm of possibility for someone in your professional environment.  If such an event were to happen in the offices of a Big 4 accounting firm, then that would be "crazy".

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm actually thinking about a vacay to Eastern Europe to experience Slavic culture. That would be epic.

I hear the ground is often moist from all the rain

Spoiler

At least 1 person here hates that word too :p 

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

I was referring to the 99.9% of typically somewhat "mildly interesting" events that are described as "crazy" by people whose vocabulary is so limited or whose sense of self-worth is so elevated as to use that term.

As for the incident you described, I would not characterize it as "crazy" as such an event is not necessarily totally out if the realm of possibility for someone in your professional environment.  If such an event were to happen in the offices of a Big 4 accounting firm, then that would be "crazy".

Since I don't work in a psych ward, it's definitely out of the realm of normal. There's always a possibility, sure, but many nurses go through a 40 year career without seeing anything too ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

I think we all just need to get laid

I did last night. It helped a little after the outrage train got going, but then he went to bed and I was alone...with the board... :( 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I hear the ground is often moist from all the rain

Hide contents

At least 1 person here hates that word too :p 

I know a ton of people who hate that word. 

I seriously do want to see some of E. Europe, though. But my first international trip, I'm planning on Ireland and the UK. I looove the Irish accents. So that might be as equally triggering to Wade.

There are all kinds of honest questions with a solid basis for suspicion that are nonetheless, even if true, wildly offensive when asked in a private setting much less a public forum. Really not sure why there's pushback on this. We all inadvertently say offensive shit, just apologize and move on. Defending yourself just looks like you know it's offensive and don't care except as people push back.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I dislike how nearly everyone says “O” when they mean zero. Especially if you are discussing something alpha numeric. 

Come on now, how can this annoy you?  I'd be annoyed by the exact opposite thing.  If I needed to go to room 305 and someone told me three hundred and five or three zero five, those would sound weird.  If someone told me it was three zero eight o'clock that would be weird too.  

There are times when the O is acceptable, and it's all based on context.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Can't say I was offended. :peace:

Of course you can't, you've already demonstrated that you're in a corner and refuse to relent. If you admitted you were offended that would be the end of the game. Demanding the right to not be thought of as offensive for calling someone atypical in public without prompting is a strange hill to die on, stranger still to deny the offensiveness of other questions in a transparent and vain effort to remain consistent. Just take the L.

Just now, Anathema- said:

Of course you can't, you've already demonstrated that you're in a corner and refuse to relent. If you admitted you were offended that would be the end of the game. Demanding the right to not be thought of as offensive for calling someone atypical in public without prompting is a strange hill to die on, stranger still to deny the offensiveness of other questions in a transparent and vain effort to remain consistent. Just take the L.

Shhh, it's okay now. There's no need to continue the anger and self righteousness. 

Unless you just enjoy that, then by all means continue! 

This is such a weird argument on this forum of all places. Pretty tame compared to most stuff that comes out here!

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I hate the term "Sunday Funday."

Grow the fuck up and say "Yikes, I'm getting fucking shit-faced crazy drunk, folks!" like a real adult.

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Who gets drunk on the day of worship??

In my experience, the group that says "Sunday Funday" consists nearly exclusively of the most degenerate individuals on the planet:  financially well-off suburban white women.