Breaking: 22 year-old anime fan opens fire on Federal building in Dallas

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This isn't even the first time you've tried to pull shit like this with me. You need to realize not everyone is your enemy just because they don't agree with you or ask you something you don't like. Dialog goes a long way, man.

I didn't pull shit on you until you called me autistic in an way that can only sound like an insult. I was literally just explaining my god damn view point on the word incel. I did not attack you until after you did me. And there is a huge difference between asking if someone has depression or if they are autistic. The fact you don't realize that is mind boggling. 

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

People are going to give you shit for this because, at this point, they are basically synonymous, but I agree with you. An incel doesn't have to be a misogynist. But, there is a reason we just call a bundle of sticks a bundle of sticks. 

Incel is one of those words I wish people would stop using, like cuck. SJW being banned would be good as well. 

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

I just don't see it as you have to be a woman hater to an incel. 

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

I mean, I did basically say that.

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

True, but assuming there are people who just can't get sex, want it, and aren't woman haters, why in the world would they claim to be an incel? They are still involuntarily celibate, just not hateful. That is why I have thought you could be an incel and not be hateful. But I know hardly anyone else thinks like that. 

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

Uh, no?

The first online community to use the term "incel" was started in 1993 when a Canadian university student known only by her first name, Alana, created a website in order to discuss her sexual inactivity with others.[12][19][20][21] The website, titled "Alana's Involuntary Celibacy Project",[12] was used by people of all genders to share their thoughts and experiences. In 1997, she started a mailing list on the topic that used the abbreviation INVCEL, later shortened to "incel", for "anybody of any gender who was lonely, had never had sex or who hadn't had a relationship in a long time".[22] During her college career and after, she realized she was queer and became more comfortable with her identity. She stopped participating in her online project around 2000[23] and gave the site to a stranger.[20] When speaking about the website in 2018, Alana said, "It definitely wasn't a bunch of guys blaming women for their problems. That's a pretty sad version of this phenomenon that's happening today. Things have changed in the last 20 years."[22] When she read about the 2014 Isla Vista killings, and the way parts of the incel subculture glorified the perpetrator, Elliot Rodger,[24] she wrote, "Like a scientist who invented something that ended up being a weapon of war, I can't uninvent this word, nor restrict it to the nicer people who need it."[21] She expressed regret at the change in usage from her original intent of creating an "inclusive community" for people of all genders who were sexually deprived due to social awkwardness, marginalization, or mental illness.[25] She has since started a new project, "Love Not Anger", which she describes as "a project to research how lonely people might find respectful love, instead of being stuck in anger".[20]

Those were all of my post before you said this.

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Serious question, is @Bacon autistic?

When did I attack you until then? I never treated you like an enemy ITT until that point and then I told you to fuck off. Seriously. Like, why do you get to act all righteous here? Can you not see the fault in what you have said? 

Just now, Bacon said:

I didn't pull shit on you until you called me autistic in an way that can only sound like an insult. I was literally just explaining my god damn view point on the word incel. I did not attack you until after you did me. And there is a huge difference between asking if someone has depression or if they are autistic. The fact you don't realize that is mind boggling. 

When did I attack you until then? I never treated you like an enemy until that point and then I told you to fuck off. Seriously. Like, why do you get to act all righteous here? Can you not see the fault in what you have said? 

I didn't attack you and I've explained repeatedly why it wasn't an attack. The fact that I've spent over a decade in the medical field and worked with people on the spectrum and have taken care of those with just about every mental illness imaginable should tell you I'm not asking it as an attack or an insult. The fact you choose to ignore this and treat me like some generic internet troll is mind boggling.

I'm talking about other shit in the past where you've gotten all pissed off and tried to make my comments seem more malicious that they were. Like the time you accused me of wanting your family to die and it be recorded on video. Wasn't what I said and I explained why it wasn't. You just take a lot of things as being offensive or malicious and they're not.

Look, I'm really sorry you were initially offended. But I'd hoped after some further explanation was given you and others would cool your jets. It would seem my expectations were too high.

25 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I didn't attack you and I've explained repeatedly why it wasn't an attack. The fact that I've spent over a decade in the medical field and worked with people on the spectrum and have taken care of those with just about every mental illness imaginable should tell you I'm not asking it as an attack or an insult. The fact you choose to ignore this and treat me like some generic internet troll is mind boggling.

I am not ignoring that, but your occupation really doesn't matter. Being told you have a mental disorder is insulting. It has been like this for ages. If it wasn't, no one would be offended at getting called a retard. And it doesn't matter if depression is in the same category.  Autism is on a whole nother level. There is a huge stigma around that term more so than most mental illnesses. People say they are depressed all the time, but no one wants to claim they are autistic. You can go on the streets on and ask people if they are depressed an not many will feel insulted. If you asked people if they were autistic, and then followed it up with, "I am a medical professional, and you seem like you could be autistic," people would be fucking pissed. Your sincerity only makes things worse. How you cannot see this is beyond me. 

I really doubt you are sorry at all. Especially with, "It would seem my expectations were too high," as it really seems like you want to keep instigating things. That is how such a remark comes across. My jets were cooled until you started up again with, ["Do you have depression or anxiety?" "Not cool." "How dare you diagnose someone over text!" "Fuck you!"]

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I am not ignoring that, but your occupation really doesn't matter. Being told you have a mental disorder is insulting. It has been like this for ages. If it wasn't, no one would be offended at getting called a retard. And it doesn't matter if depression is in the same category.  Autism is on a whole nother level. There is a huge stigma around that term more so than most mental illnesses. People say they are depressed all the time, but no one wants to claim they are autistic. You can go on the streets on and ask people if they are depressed an not many will feel insulted. If you asked people if they were autistic, and then followed it up with, "I am a medical professional, and you seem like you could be autistic," people would be fucking pissed. Your sincerity only makes things worse. How you cannot see this is beyond me. 

I really doubt you are sorry at all. Especially with, "It would seem my expectations were too high," as it really seems like you want to keep instigating things. That is how such a remark comes across. My jets were cooled until you started up again with, ["Do you have depression or anxiety?" "Not cool." "How dare you diagnose someone over text!" "Fuck you!"]

I asked it based on years of repeated interactions with you, I didn't just "walk up on the street" to a random stranger. Also, the stigma from autism is fading, it's gotten a lot more attention in recent years, people with it have become much more open about it. Like with many other labels, society is enlightening and understanding and accepting more. You yourself keep putting it alongside mental retardation and that's simply not the case. You keep doing it despite the fact I've repeatedly said they're not remotely the same thing. Autism is a super broad spectrum with some people having limited effects and other profound. Also, you said things like "being told you have a mental disorder is insulting" and right after that you say say being told you have depression isn't insulting. Like there's still not a stigma  with depression. You're not being consistent here. 

I was initially sorry you were offended. My sympathy at this point is fading because you're doubling down on being pissed and making bad arguments to support yourself. I could understand you being initially pissed, but you just keep doubling down, despite my repeated elaborations. And I'm honestly a little pissed that other people who I thought were smarter said stupid shit like "diagnosing someone is stupid and should be called out." I didn't diagnose you or anyone. I asked a simple question based on years of repeated interactions with you. There was no diagnosis involved. I honestly didn't know, because in some ways you fit the criteria, but since I don't know you personally and I'm not a doctor, I can't make any diagnosis. The way you interact on this board and how you've described yourself IRL indicates it's a possibility, but you could also just be a pedantic, antisocial ass. I asked so I could know better how to interact with you in the future when you turn hostile, because as I've said, this isn't the first time.

Please don't ban me, Wade. I'm honestly trying to have a conversation here. I won't ask the question again in the future if those are the rules you want to make, but I just wanted to be clear in this one instance that it wasn't meant to be taken how a few people here took it. And at least one or two people here deliberately misrepresented what I said and that pissed me off. 

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Too late, the :guillotine: is coming. Been nice posting with you! :peace:

Hah, I don't put anything past Wade, but I'd hope that given the people who have been banned were unequivocally more terrible, hateful, and harmful than I've ever considered being means i'm okay with this one instance. 

I'm just going to assume Bacon is just a pedantic, obtuse turd when this shit goes down next time. Better to assume it's intentional. :p 

Just now, Bacon said:

If I am autistic? Oh, the answer is yes. 

Cool. I give you some leeway on my interactions with you then. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with being autistic. At least I know it's just not you being a total asshole. Not that autistic people can't be assholes, of course! My friend's boyfriend has Asperger's and while he's a good guy, he can definitely be a turd at times and he knows it. 

Your pickiness about what foods you'll eat was another thing that made me wonder. 

Just now, Bacon said:

Nope. I am special. I am Bacon the autistic guy on D1P. Treat me well or you're the bad guy. 

I'm already the bad guy to some jackoffs here. :shrug:

I'll still argue with you if I feel like it, tho. Just know I don't think badly of you, I don't want your family dead(seriously, that was weird when you accused me of that), and you can still be a weeaboo or whatever they're calling it and I'll still ridicule the waifu shit in Fire Emblem. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't want your family dead(seriously, that was weird when you accused me of that),

I don't think I was being, uh, serious here? Maybe that isn't the right way to put it. And, I actually can't tell if you are unaware, or are just going along with it, but I haven't been posting seriously since I posted the dab emote. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't think I was being, uh, serious here? Maybe that isn't the right way to put it. And, I actually can't tell if you are unaware, or are just going along with it, but I haven't been posting seriously since I posted the dab emote. 

You sure came across like you were serious when you said it at the time. And how am I supposed to know if you're being serious or joking? You haven't inserted any emojies or whatever to indicate you're joking. 

I mean, whatever, I was actually trying to have a legit discussion, but I guess that's not possible here. Oh well. I meant what I said. I don't see autism as an insult and I'd never insult someone for being autistic. 

I really can't remember the context or the thread that was posted in. And, at least ITT, I did emote to say I wasn't being serious with the dab emote. I know it is hard to sometimes tell when I am being serious or not. But, at least in this thread, everything below the dab shouldn't be taken seriously. I am also not a huge fan of emotes except for "dab 2" so I don't use them often. 

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I really can't remember the context or the thread that was posted in. And, at least ITT, I did emote to say I wasn't being serious with the dab emote. I know it is hard to sometimes tell when I am being serious or not. But, at least in this thread, everything below the dab shouldn't be taken seriously. I am also not a huge fan of emotes except for "dab 2" so I don't use them often. 

I remember it quite well. 

I didn't take you seriously when you posted the dab emote, but you seemed serious enough after that. So I was just trying to be decent, as if you were serious. My mistake. 

Also, I don't even know what the dab is supposed to mean.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Also, I don't even know what the dab is supposed to mean.

TBH, I don't know either. But I use it jokingly as "get styled on" in an ironic fashion. Or like, if someone said "ur dumb" and then the other guy said "ur mom dumb" I would quote them and use :dab2:. Or if I was the one who said "ur mom dumb" I would put :dab2: under that text. Always under. Never beside. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

TBH, I don't know either. But I use it jokingly as "get styled on" in an ironic fashion. Or like, if someone said "ur dumb" and then the other guy said "ur mom dumb" I would quote them and use :dab2:. Or if I was the one who said "ur mom dumb" I would put :dab2: under that text. Always under. Never beside. 

I guess I get what you're saying and I roughly assumed it meant someone being playful or not serious. Otherwise, I only vaguely remembered hearing it regarding dancing or something.

Oh, and to clarify, I didn't think you were being serious about the "I'm special, I demand to be treated special" bit either. But just as if someone told me they have anxiety or diabetes or heart disease, I'm not going to doubt them, so I just take it for granted they're being serious. That's kinda how I'm trained. 

I'm on the side of not cool to ask even with good intentions. This is a public forum for one, not a private consultation, and nobody was asking for a diagnosis. At the very least it's rude, even if we acknowledge that the person asking the question had no ill intent. We would have to ask that person to understand the context the question was asked in, which wasn't appropriate.

I'm glad I have all these good folks here telling me what's rude and appropriate because they never would be rude or inappropriate. 

I feel I've been as reasonable as I can, despite the fact people deliberately misrepresented my original statement. 

If I could go back, I wouldn't have asked. It would've saved myself the headache of the outrage machine. Lesson learned! :p 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Read the thread. Don't get why you're trying to start shit. 

The shooter started shit; I'm just defining what an incel is.

If you finally realized it, then apologies, but I'm not reading through all the shit in the past few pages. :lol: 

Just now, SaysWho? said:

The shooter started shit; I'm just defining what an incel is.

If you finally realized it, then apologies, but I'm not reading through all the shit in the past few pages. :lol: 

Yeah, I don't get why you are being like this. If you can't even both to read then thread then I can't be bother to continue talking with you. And what i yikes'd was not the content of your post, but the reasoning behind your post. Again, yikes. 

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, I don't get why you are being like this. If you can't even both to read then thread then I can't be bother to continue talking with you. And what i yikes'd was not the content of your post, but the reasoning behind your post. Again, yikes. 

Being like what? Your post makes no sense. Are you still on the bandwagon that incels aren't misogynist? I'm not sifting through an entire autism conversation to find that little nugget.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

You know, I don't have the best writing skills, but it still amazes me when people say I said shit I never said. Really weird. If only I could talk to those people to make them understand. 

"I just don't see it as you have to be a woman hater to an incel."

Yikes.