Breaking: 22 year-old anime fan opens fire on Federal building in Dallas

Just now, Bacon said:

You are tho. Even if I was, why would you go and say that for any other reasons other than to insult me and to discredit what I say as it is the ramblings of a literal autist? What if I was autistic and I didn't want people to know? Like, I still don't understand why you even posted that. I posted the origin to the term and then you call me autistic. 

And fuck off. 

You're being overly pedantic. That's what you always do. 

I'm a fucking medical professional, I'm not judging you if you're autistic. It just would help explain some things. There's nothing to be ashamed of if you are autistic. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You're being overly pedantic. That's what you always do. 

Sure, but how in this instance? The term was not invented to label misogynists. You said it was. But it isn't. And, most importantly, the origin aligns with my view point. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'll just rag on bacon for being a pedant then. Because he definitely is that. 

Yes, but I don't think so in this case. 

Just now, Bacon said:

Sure, but how in this instance? The term was not invented to label misogynists. You said it was. But it isn't. And, most importantly, the origin aligns with my view point. 

Yes, but I don't think so in this case. 

no one fucking classifies an incel as that. That isn't what the modern movement is about and everyone here knows it. You're just being pedantic. 

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What do you guys have against autistic people to think it’s an insult? Not cool, guys.

Diagnosing someone over the internet because of a certain posting style is bullshit and should be called out.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

no one fucking classifies an incel as that. That isn't what the modern movement is about and everyone here knows it. You're just being pedantic. 

I disagree. I even said that incel and misogynist are practically synonymous. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

People are going to give you shit for this because, at this point, they are basically synonymous, but I agree with you.

No shit that isn't how it is used today by the majority of people. I even acknowledged that as well in another post. But you said

50 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Because when the word was created, it was created by women haters for women haters. 

And it wasn't at all. I think it should be pointed out that the origin of the word and the current meaning are different. I really don't think people should just change the origins of a word. In this case, I can't see this as something pedantic.

47 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm not insulting. Just your character, how you speak, your opinions. I've dealt with a lot of autistic people in my field and you fit a lot of the characteristics, based on what I see here. 

Jesus christ, people.

Im far from the PC police and I know it wasn’t your intent but your post came off as a slightly nicer way of saying “are you retarded?” 

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

Well, ya fooled at least 2 people!

3 apparently :p 

Edit: when I posted it I was actually going to put a troll emoji but figured it was obvious enough. I lol’d and was surprised at the replies taking it seriously :sun: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Look funny guy, if you make fun of incels and you haven’t had sex since 2017 or whatever and it hasn’t been from a lack of willingness you too are an incel. Even if you aren’t on the internet hating women.

You havent had sex since 2017? Damn man I am so sorry.

15 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Im far from the PC police and I know it wasn’t your intent but you’re post came off as a slightly nicer way of saying “are you retarded?” 

Maybe because too many people conflate autism with mental retardation and that's a problem. Those of us who are a little more educated know they're unrelated and therefore it shouldn't come across that way.

26 minutes ago, Jose said:

Diagnosing someone over the internet because of a certain posting style is bullshit and should be called out.

I didn't diagnose anyone and it's not because of a posting style. JFC. Some of you guys are ridiculous. 

23 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I disagree. I even said that incel and misogynist are practically synonymous. 

No shit that isn't how it is used today by the majority of people. I even acknowledged that as well in another post. But you said

And it wasn't at all. I think it should be pointed out that the origin of the word and the current meaning are different. I really don't think people should just change the origins of a word. In this case, I can't see this as something pedantic.

I guess we should just give back the swastika to the original people who created it, too. Yes, you're being pedantic. 

16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

3 apparently :p 

Edit: when I posted it I was actually going to put a troll emoji but figured it was obvious enough. I lol’d and was surprised at the replies taking it seriously :sun: 

I wasn't entirely sure, but your point was still being made. There's nothing wrong with autistic people so it really shouldn't be taken as an insult. 

This isn't like the internet insult of "you're gay, man!"

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yes, you're being pedantic. 

Uh, no. Feel free to keep saying so tho. :peace:

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I guess we should just give back the swastika to the original people who created it, too.

Actually, in Asian counties it isn't a rare sight at all. And I am all for reclaiming the swastika. However, I never even implied that in regard to incel. Just that Incel doesn't have to = misogynist. Just like how all swastika's aren't nazi symbols. 

Just now, Bacon said:

Actually, in Asian counties it isn't a rare sight at all. And I am all for reclaiming the swastika. However, I never even implied that in regard to incel. Just that Incel doesn't have to = misogynist. Just like how all swastika's aren't nazi symbols. 

Whatever incel started as, that's not what the group is today. Period. 

There's hardly any reason to be involuntarily celibate. As others have said, 90% of it is hygiene and having half a personality. It's not hard to get laid if it's something you really desire. People of all stripes do it. 

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

The whole incel community just makes me wish even more that prostitution was legal.

I guarantee that if it was, the incel "movement" would die off.

There is a large social stigma about using prostitutes too that even if it were legalized tomorrow it would be years before it would be socially acceptable to admit to being with a prostitute

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

The whole incel community just makes me wish even more that prostitution was legal.

I guarantee that if it was, the incel "movement" would die off.

Are there any incels in Nevada? :thinking:

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

When the term incel is being used by others in this thread it’s being used in reference to the “incel movement” exclusively, not simply people that are involuntarily celibate.

Just now, sblfilms said:

This isn’t true, actually. It used to be very innocent. Here is an episode of Reply All that goes into the history of Incels.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/76h59o/120-invcel

So this has kinda already been established. You learn something new every day, but as I and others have said, that's not remotely what the movement is about today. 

Plenty of things "used to be innocent." They ain't no more. 

23 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So this has kinda already been established. You learn something new every day, but as I and others have said, that's not remotely what the movement is about today. 

Plenty of things "used to be innocent." They ain't no more. 

Yeah, when I originally started replying the post I quoted was the most recent post or close to it, then I got busy doing something else and came back to it. Sorry.

Anyway, the episode covers quite a bit of the past and present. Mostly people just need to listen to Reply All because it’s a great show :) 

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, when I originally started replying the post I quoted was the most recent post or close to it, then I got busy doing something else and came back to it. Sorry.

Anyway, the episode covers quite a bit of the past and present. Mostly people just need to listen to Reply All because it’s a great show :) 

Maybe, but I generally don't have time for podcasts. 

This thread has just been one great exercise in frustration. :p 

"Do you have depression or anxiety?"

"Not cool."

"How dare you diagnose someone over text!"

"Fuck you!"

That's how absurd some of you guys are. Asking someone if they have any sort of condition based on how they act when the conditions are largely read from how a person communicates isn't meant to be offensive. It's just an honest question based on what information you can glean. JFC. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

"Do you have depression or anxiety?"

"Not cool."

"How dare you diagnose someone over text!"

"Fuck you!"

That's how it would seem. 

You know that isn't how this works. You can fuck right off. Getting called autistic is like getting called retarded or mentally deficient. It has been like this on the internet for years now. 

Just now, Bacon said:

You know that isn't how this works. You can fuck right off. Getting called autistic is like getting called retarded or mentally deficient. It has been like this on the internet for years now. 

Except this isn't generic internet and I'm not generic troll and I'm fucking telling you my reasoning and trying to let you know that's not why I'm fucking asking. I've already said the ignorant masses conflate autism with mental retardation and that's absolutely not the case and I wish people would be more educated. So, no, your outrage with me like that doesn't fly. Not when I've offered plenty of elaboration. 

I don't even care if you are or aren't anymore. I'm not looking for an answer. But the outrage train needs to stop.