The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

What plantain fritter are they talking about here? I'm thinking maybe they're referring to alcapurria, but I wouldn't cal that a plantain fritter. There's more than plantains that go into that. Mofongo? But I definitely wouldn't call that a fritter.

It was obviously a trick question and ICE is en route to you thanks to your flagrantly ethnic knowledge. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

What plantain fritter are they talking about here? I'm thinking maybe they're referring to alcapurria, but I wouldn't cal that a plantain fritter. There's more than plantains that go into that. Mofongo? But I definitely wouldn't call that a fritter.

Pretty sure they mean alcapurria. Also, got 'em!

19 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Probably not completely on theme for this topic but it was interesting to me. Two black mormons (lol why would you do this to yourself?) were dismissed from their positions for not grooming white enough.

You have no idea how much this stuff bothers me. My girls all have tight curls. I think they look great. I'd hate for some racist asshat to come in and complain the curls aren't professional looking in the future.

6 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

You have no idea how much this stuff bothers me. My girls all have tight curls. I think they look great. I'd hate for some racist asshat to come in and complain the curls aren't professional looking in the future.

Never understood why what you look like matters (within basic reason and logic) - if you can do the job, and do it well/better than most/others, who gives a shit?

5 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Guy is wrong. In big condo buildings you never let anyone in unless you know them, you are supposed to shut the door in someone's face even if they say they live there. Period. It's a safety thing, doesn't matter what color you are. You have to let yourself in or show proof that you live there, end of story. The guy doesn't even live there, he has a friend that does, so no, he shouldn't be let in by anyone but his friend.

4 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Guy is wrong. In big condo buildings you never let anyone in unless you know them, you are supposed to shut the door in someone's face even if they say they live there. Period. It's a safety thing, doesn't matter what color you are. You have to let yourself in or show proof that you live there, end of story. The guy doesn't even live there, he has a friend that does, so no, he shouldn't be let in by anyone but his friend.

I use to live in a big condo building. This is correct. However, you also don't call the cops on them unless you have a real reason to. Also, if you are suspicious of them, you REALLY don't confront them with your child in tow. That's real father of the year stuff.

I don't for a second think this father actually thought this guy was a threat to anybody. He was really just harassing this dude. If he did think he was a criminal of some sort, then he really shouldn't be allowed to be alone with kids.

" Hey, I think this guy's about to rob the place. Let's stop him with my eight year old."

Mr. Incredible had more sense than that and his kids had super powers.

That kid wanted out right away. He knows how guys like his dad go viral online and wanted nothing to do with it.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I use to live in a big condo building. This is correct. However, you also don't call the cops on them unless you have a real reason to. Also, if you are suspicious of them, you REALLY don't confront them with your child in tow. That's real father of the year stuff.

I don't for a second think this father actually thought this guy was a threat to anybody. He was really just harassing this dude. If he did think he was a criminal of some sort, then he really shouldn't be allowed to be alone with kids.

" Hey, I think this guy's about to rob the place. Let's stop him with my eight year old."

Mr. Incredible had more sense than that and his kids had super powers.

That kid wanted out right away. He knows how guys like his dad go viral online and wanted nothing to do with it.

All this is true, he should have handled it differently.

He called the cops because the other dude was being a jerk, and calling the cops is an easy way to put a black man in his place. I don’t like either of them.

• 2 weeks later...