Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

New information from a Q&A with CDPR today:

• They confirm that press is playing the game as we speak in order to produce previews for the next week, 25th
  • Previews will be released when Night City Wire ends on 25th
  • "Read the previews" was said so video unlikely from press? 
  • Press playing the game for previews are "from around the globe"
  • Press has access to build that has character creation, starts from the beginning of the game and has time limit, but no limits on what they can do in the game. Build is lacking things like some of the story content as CDPR wants keep stuff under wraps. Build has bugs in. (commentary: so no spit polished vertical slice to play, that is good)
  • They are streaming game from PCs to press to play because of COVID prevents in-person events
  • They aren't worried about releasing so close to next-gen, confirming that backwards compatibility is possible on PS5 and XSX for the game
  • Game will run on PS4, PS5, XBO and XSX from day 1
  • Game will look better on next-gen consoles from day 1
  • Next-gen version is planned for 2021, "more robust update". Will be free of charge for those who own last-gen version
  • They expect next-gen consoles to release around same time, but they aren't worried about release titles creating competition for CP77 as release titles look to be different kind games
  • They keep being coy about number of expansions coming to the CP77, number of them will be announced "soon" as part of marketing campaign
  • Insisting that COVID and working from home situation aren't cause of delay, last stretch of development is just very demanding
  • They have seen increases in pre-orders of Cyberpunk 2077 every time some store that it has ran sale on other games
  • No plans for live events for the game at this time
  • CDPR doesn't do delays to try and reach arbitrary MetaCritic scores, they just want to release game when they feel quality is what they strive for
  • Multiplayer portion / version of the game is delayed proportionally to delay of CP77. CP77 is pushed back by X, MP part is pushed back by X

On 6/18/2020 at 11:15 PM, Emperor Diocletian II said:

New information from a Q&A with CDPR today:

• They confirm that press is playing the game as we speak in order to produce previews for the next week, 25th
  • Previews will be released when Night City Wire ends on 25th
  • "Read the previews" was said so video unlikely from press? 
  • Press playing the game for previews are "from around the globe"
  • Press has access to build that has character creation, starts from the beginning of the game and has time limit, but no limits on what they can do in the game. Build is lacking things like some of the story content as CDPR wants keep stuff under wraps. Build has bugs in. (commentary: so no spit polished vertical slice to play, that is good)
  • They are streaming game from PCs to press to play because of COVID prevents in-person events
  • They aren't worried about releasing so close to next-gen, confirming that backwards compatibility is possible on PS5 and XSX for the game
  • Game will run on PS4, PS5, XBO and XSX from day 1
  • Game will look better on next-gen consoles from day 1
  • Next-gen version is planned for 2021, "more robust update". Will be free of charge for those who own last-gen version
  • They expect next-gen consoles to release around same time, but they aren't worried about release titles creating competition for CP77 as release titles look to be different kind games
  • They keep being coy about number of expansions coming to the CP77, number of them will be announced "soon" as part of marketing campaign
  • Insisting that COVID and working from home situation aren't cause of delay, last stretch of development is just very demanding
  • They have seen increases in pre-orders of Cyberpunk 2077 every time some store that it has ran sale on other games
  • No plans for live events for the game at this time
  • CDPR doesn't do delays to try and reach arbitrary MetaCritic scores, they just want to release game when they feel quality is what they strive for
  • Multiplayer portion / version of the game is delayed proportionally to delay of CP77. CP77 is pushed back by X, MP part is pushed back by X

The only next gen game that MIGHT take some time from Cyberpunk for me is Miles Morales Spider-Man. It totally depends if they are out at the same time. 

im definitely interested in other launch games, but Cyberpunk is by dar the game ive been looking forward to most for a couple of years (and an unannounced Bloodborne 2, if they are making it. 

39 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I'm fairly certain that if you're using a PS5 to access the PlayStation Store, you will be restricted to purchasing that version.

I wouldn't be so sure... the XSX/PS5 version won't be available until well after the consoles launch. While there might be a PS5 SKU when it eventually releases, I can't see Sony restricting sales they could be making in the meantime.

11 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I wouldn't be so sure... the XSX/PS5 version won't be available until well after the consoles launch. While there might be a PS5 SKU when it eventually releases, I can't see Sony restricting sales they could be making in the meantime.

I think there's a bit of confusion here, so let me see if I can clarify.

When CP2077 launches on November 19 (and I'll believe that when I see it!), there will be SKUs for both the PS5 and XBSX that are separate from the SKUs for the PS4/XB1 as those consoles would either have released already or be releasing soon thereafter.  These versions of the game will definitely be "better" than the PS4/XB1 versions, but they won't be the "true" next-gen version of the game that takes advantage of the new features of the PS5/XBSX.  That "true" next-gen version will be patched into the PS5/XBSX SKUs at some point in 2021.