Mueller will make a statement on the Russia probe at 11am ET

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/29/special-counsel-robert-mueller-to-make-statement-wednesday-on-the-russia-probe.html

Special counsel Robert Mueller will make a statement on Wednesday regarding his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, his first public comments regarding the high-profile investigation he was appointed to lead two years ago. 

The event, scheduled for 11 a.m. ET at the Department of Justice, will be streamed live on the department’s website, according to a press release. Mueller will not take questions.

Mueller’s remarks come less than a week after House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler said that Mueller wanted to testify privately to Congress about the probe. Some Democrats pushed for Mueller to testify publicly. President Donald Trump has said that Mueller should not testify.  

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

"I made a mistake, a grave error, and I come before the American people to apologize. On page 148, I used a semi-colon where I should have used a comma. I did not want this stain to continue to linger on the report's reputation. That is all."

Would be funny if he comes out and gives the Rosenstein performance. Disavows the report and tows the Barr line.

Like funny as in "end of our Democracy" funny.

• Sad 1

In all seriousness, I wonder if he will studiously avoid anything that appears partisan, while essentially using any prestige as an impartial actor he has to try to warn both sides about the potential for ongoing Russian ops. 

While Trump is so damn shameless and craven any attempt at warning about Russia will be seen as inherently anti-Trump to some extent it is also an area where Dems and Republicans at least try to appear to work together and take seriously. 

2 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Sounds to me he is basically saying nothing could be done because he was the President. 

The Mueller Report itself makes that clear.

But it’s nice to have Mueller on the record saying it, as most haven’t read the Mueller Report. 

Just now, osxmatt said:

The Mueller Report itself makes that clear.

But it’s nice to have Mueller on the record saying it, as most haven’t read the Mueller Report. 

While I understand that. This more seems like a direct stab at Barr's statement about what the report said.