Mueller will make a statement on the Russia probe at 11am ET

It'll never cease to amaze me that, when a Republican FBI guy is investigating a Democrat, he goes out of his way to scold her even if the evidence finds nothing criminal, calling her careless. Everything's soundbite ready. "We didn't find anything criminal, but g'damn, wtf lady?"

When a Republican FBI guy investigates a Republican, then we have to be boy scouts and artful. "If we had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that."

Not that it affected the news coverage. The headlines, almost top to bottom, are variations of, "Mueller declines to clear Trump," and, "Mueller says they did not exonerate Trump."

Even Fox News is saying that the report is NOT "No collusion, no obstruction."

There's just a mean part of me that wishes his remarks were better soundbite material as Comey's was. Something like, "Man, I'd have indicted his ass but my hands are tied." And then NYT could say, "Mueller says he would indicted Trump's 'ass' in veiled attack on the president."

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

He’s doing his job by the letter of the law. He flat out says hey if this man wasn’t president I would have indicted him, but because the constitution has this vague rule that says a president can’t be convicted of a crime he doesn’t do it. He’s begging for congress to impeach him, and then trump would likely go to jail once he does not hold the office. 

The house and senate won’t do it, and it’s bullshit. 

To be clear, the constitution doesn’t have such a rule.

Men from the Office of Legal Counsel circa 1970s have that interpretation of the constitution.

4 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

To be clear, the constitution doesn’t have such a rule.

Men from the Office of Legal Counsel circa 1970s have that interpretation of the constitution.

Right that’s what I mean though, that’s the currently understood interpretation of what the constitution says, hence the vague part.