~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

Has rain sending wipers no lane assist in my trim but it’s standard on QF but I’d turn it off like I did proximity sensors if it did exist in my TI. The Giulia has sold me on small engines with a good turbo though I must say. 

But still upgrading to a 911 eventually 😂

31 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Has rain sending wipers no lane assist in my trim but it’s standard on QF but I’d turn it off like I did proximity sensors if it did exist in my TI. The Giulia has sold me on small engines with a good turbo though I must say. 

But still upgrading to a 911 eventually 😂

I looked at them back in early/mid 2018. I remember needing the Quadrifoglio for most of the features I wanted (and flat out didn’t have some at all). I know they added them to more trims and/or in general later on in refreshes. Lane keep assist is great on long drives, but it definitely depends on the manufacturer: Fords is unintrusive and just feels like it’s gliding you back in, but on my dad’s Acura that he just turned in it was god awful - the steering wheel would vibrate and it would violently turn you back in the lane while flipping out with lights flashing and warning beeps (I wish I was exaggerating :lol: ). I cannot live without adaptive cruise now: alongside rain sensing wipers it’s easily my favorite tech added to cars. :p 

@TUFKAKapparently just an ECU tune on my dad’s G70 will add over 100 hp to the wheels because the 3.3 Hyundai engines are purposely under tuned (stock has 368 hp at the crank, about 315-325 to the wheels -> a Lap3 1.5 tune would push the wheel horsepower to 420-430, so crank would probably be pushing around 500). People seem to pull 3.0-3.2 0-60mph times (down from the 4.4-4.5 stock time) with just the tune and better spark plugs. There’s zero chance my dad would do this and it’s not worth breaking warranty, but that’s an insane difference from just a tune.

IMG-9498.jpg

Too many people think he’s a wolf/wolf hybrid that it’s almost annoying: the vet, who works with hybrids and full bred wolfs at a sanctuary in Jackson, NJ took one look at him and laughed and said “yea, no - definitely not a hybrid” :p 

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

12 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-9498.jpg

Too many people think he’s a wolf/wolf hybrid that it’s almost annoying: the vet, who works with hybrids and full bred wolfs at a sanctuary in Jackson, NJ took one look at him and laughed and said “yea, no - definitely not a hybrid” :p 

Beautiful pup! How old, and how long have you had him? 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Wait what?!

Yep, found out Monday morning she's being let go due to lack of work (because who would ever expect a multi-billion dollar international law firm to adequately plan its own book of business!) She's getting paid through the 19th (she's going to push for more severance), but other than that she has one petition to file then its get out and good luck.

27 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Yep, found out Monday morning she's being let go due to lack of work (because who would ever expect a multi-billion dollar international law firm to adequately plan its own book of business!) She's getting paid through the 19th (she's going to push for more severance), but other than that she has one petition to file then its get out and good luck.

Ugh, that's horrible. What are severance laws in your state? I know here the legal required minimum is 1 week per year of service, but if you go to court then you typically get 1 month per year of service—so if you can get a lawyer to draft a demand letter, companies will often just offer closer to that to avoid court costs.

44 minutes ago, Chris- said:

My wife is losing her job lmao

Sorry to hear. I lost my job in November and I had to officially retire from the state last week. It's brutal finding another job but I'm sure she has a great resume. 

On 2/7/2024 at 3:09 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Ugh, that's horrible. What are severance laws in your state? I know here the legal required minimum is 1 week per year of service, but if you go to court then you typically get 1 month per year of service—so if you can get a lawyer to draft a demand letter, companies will often just offer closer to that to avoid court costs.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:11 PM, Chris- said:

LOL

Turns out that, in addition to getting her PTO paid out with her final paycheck, they offered six weeks of severance (which honestly isn't bad considering we expected nothing). They also won't contest her unemployment claim. So that was a positive development!

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

Turns out that, in addition to getting her PTO paid out with her final paycheck, they offered six weeks of severance (which honestly isn't bad considering we expected nothing). They also won't contest her unemployment claim. So that was a positive development!

I couldn't receive unemployment because I was fired. Thankfully I have retirement to save the day. 

Posting here since I don't have many other outlets, and I am proud of what I've accomplished. Back in 2015 my wife was diagnosed with MS (while we were still dating), and our employer (we worked at the same insurance brokerage) treated her like shit—they revealed her illness to others, reprimanded both of us for being "gloomy" following the diagnosis, etc. I vowed to quit as I couldn't work there anymore (she ended up staying and they actually changed how they handle things, including a tonne of accommodations for her, and it's a much better place to work). In 2016 I had saved enough to quit and go back to school for programming. 

I did a two-year associate degree in computer science (basically skipped all electives), and while I burnt through most of my savings, I ended up landing a job as a tier 1 computer technician in the IT dept at a local school division. My salary was lower, but it was a government job so had great pension, benefits, etc. After two years I applied for and received a promotion to an applications job in the same department, which bumped me up to $75k, and I was doing more work with databases and integration scripts. After another two years  (last year) I applied for and received a management job as the head of the department's service desk, which bumped me up to $90k. And now most recently, I helped discover another manager was stealing computers from the division (thanks to a new inventory system I brought in, and me being Batman). He got fired, and as a result of not being able to find a qualified replacement easily, the division bumped the pay grid up for managers, so I am also being bumped to $103k with a lot of room for future growth.

So my spite-quit from my previous job ended up paying off, and I love my job and team, and on top of that my wife is doing very well (underwent the most risky/potent MS treatment, basically chemo) and hasn't progressed in the last 8 years. I'm turning 40 this year, but I'm in the best shape of my life, recently went back into Ukrainian dance, and most recently performed with the national ballet of Ukraine. I couldn't have had this success without my network of friends and family (and my wife, who helped support us both while I went to school), so I definitely didn't do it alone, but I'm glad I made the changes I did, and took the risks I did. And I'm finally growing out my beard, haha.

q6ADfCQ.png

• Like 2
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 5
  • Hype 3

I don't usually post in this thread and I'm not sure where to put this, but I just want to let it be known that I have Fox News blocked now. I can no longer go to the site at all in any capacity.

Let's see if it sticks...

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha 1
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Hype 3

19 minutes ago, ort said:

I don't usually post in this thread and I'm not sure where to put this, but I just want to let it be known that I have Fox News blocked now. I can no longer go to the site at all in any capacity.

I like you more already! :p

( I always did! :hug:)

7 hours ago, ort said:

Baby Babies GIF

Miles Morales is ridiculously short, my PS5 says I've only played 8 hours and that includes pausing the game and walking away and letting my PS5 figure out to go to sleep, and I'm partway through the final mission. This also includes me fumbling around at various points on things like the stupid use the webs to hook up the electricity puzzles where the game is super obtuse about what it wants you to do. Glad I saw a recommendation to just buy a month of PS+ to get it that way instead of shelling out for the game.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Miles Morales is ridiculously short.. Glad I saw a recommendation to just buy a month of PS+ to get it that way instead of shelling out for the game.

It's basically an expansion pack not a full game and was priced accordingly. If you got the impression it was a full blown game then you were mistaken.

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's basically an expansion pack not a full game and was priced accordingly. If you got the impression it was a full blown game then you were mistaken.

I knew it's basically an expansion pack but given the list price of $50 I was expecting more than <10 hours of content. Something like 20 hours would seem right.

It's absolutely amazing how worthless the benefits people at my job are. I'm being hit by the same problem as I ran into last year where the specialty pharmacy I'm forced to use by my PBM is trying to hit me for a multi-thousand dollar copay despite the company having made us sign up for one of these copay accumulator scams where they promise you a $0 copay while they completely drain the manufacturer copay assistance. I emailed my benefits people about it this morning and I got an email back, I shit you not, asking me to confirm basic details of the accumulator scam they made me sign up for, like "do they still promise a $0 copay?" This copay accumulator shit is something your employer literally actively opts you into when they pick the benefits plan for the year because it saves the employer a few bucks on the plan and she's fucking playing dumb about the details of the program scam. Damn near threw my laptop out the window.