~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The new Rivian models announced today look absolutely beautiful. I don’t really know much about cars or Rivian’s quality but goddamn this design rules. 

GIGTgOSaMAAYPzF?format=jpg&name=large

GIGTg2DaIAAyGwK?format=jpg&name=large

Agreed, not into suvs or crossovers but those lines are sexy.

The R3X looks like a modern VW Rabbit to me. If the R2 isn’t going into production until the first half of 2026, can’t imagine when the R3X will be released. Let’s hope Rivian doesn’t go under before it’s released. 

I really don’t like Dodge/Chrysler products beyond the Viper. They just typically feel low quality (especially the interiors) and outdated to me most of the time. BUT, this is looking nice:

Going with Eagle Sport tires is certainly a choice, though :p 

12 hours ago, Chris- said:

The new Rivian models announced today look absolutely beautiful. I don’t really know much about cars or Rivian’s quality but goddamn this design rules. 

GIGTgOSaMAAYPzF?format=jpg&name=large

GIGTg2DaIAAyGwK?format=jpg&name=large

Where have I seen this shape before....

Oh right! The Lada Niva!

LADA Niva 4x4 | 1994 European Car

I really don't care for the looks of the R3 or R3X, personally. I love the retro looks of the Hyundai Ioniq 5, but I think these two might be "a bridge too far", personally. Maybe they look better in person, but from what I've seen in pictures and videos they look way too 70s or early 80s for my taste. 

It's also kind of worrying that the R2 isn't even coming out until 2026 and the R3 "after that" (TBD when, exactly) and the R3X "after the R3" (again, TBD). Competition in the EV space is really heating up and the market could look totally different in two or more years until these release. 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

If Trump changed his whole campaign platform to be based on ending this time change bullshit I think he’d win the election by a landslide and even I’d consider voting for him. #ChangeMyMind

I've met ppl who like it 

On 3/8/2024 at 5:22 PM, Nokra said:

I really don't care for the looks of the R3 or R3X, personally. I love the retro looks of the Hyundai Ioniq 5, but I think these two might be "a bridge too far", personally. Maybe they look better in person, but from what I've seen in pictures and videos they look way too 70s or early 80s for my taste. 

It's also kind of worrying that the R2 isn't even coming out until 2026 and the R3 "after that" (TBD when, exactly) and the R3X "after the R3" (again, TBD). Competition in the EV space is really heating up and the market could look totally different in two or more years until these release. 

the dude your opinion GIF

• True 1

13 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@Nokra do the Hyundai & Kia EVs come with complimentary charging (at supporting charge stations)? I just read that the Genesis GV60 gives 3 years of free charging when leased or purchased new.

Yeah the Hyundai and Kia EVs do also come with free charging, whether purchasing or leasing. It used to be two years of free charging; supposedly it was limited to a 30-minute charging session, but you could just unplug and plug back in and it was fine. :lol:

Now they're doing a limit of 1000 kWh. As someone who doesn't drive THAT much and who would probably mostly charge at work, I actually prefer the new method, though I suppose potentially you could get less juice that way overall. 

Facebook:

“Hey bro, is it cool if we throw a friend recommendation for your old heroin dealer right next to the recovery meme you just shared?”

lmao. How does this happen? I have literally zero mutual friends or any kind of traceable network of acquaintances with this man. It’s like the algorithm can pick up on a city’s network of addicts through some kind of AI sixth sense. 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

Facebook:

“Hey bro, is it cool if we throw a friend recommendation for your old heroin dealer right next to the recovery meme you just shared?”

lmao. How does this happen? I have literally zero mutual friends or any kind of traceable network of acquaintances with this man. It’s like the algorithm can pick up on a city’s network of addicts through some kind of AI sixth sense. 

Did you have any Facebook apps you granted access to your contacts list while this guy was in your contacts? I had a friend recommendation once where Facebook harvesting my contacts via the WhatsApp was the only plausible explanation I could come up with. 

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If you both had a working cell phone while doing whatever they probably have location data on you two, and any mutual “friends” (not necessarily Facebook friends) and it just is taking a guess. 

Or, if the other guy had Uaarkson in his contact list, then it will make the connection.

• True 1

10 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Looks like the Model 3 & Model Y refreshes come with Cuphead and Vampire Survivor pre-installed on both the front and rear infotainment computers :lol:

Hmmm, reconsidering my interest in an Ioniq 5. 

Oh wait, I have a Steam Deck. :p