~~ CEB Community Thread ~~

Ended up in the middle of a farmers protest here in Granada because of course I did 😂

IMGUR.COM

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes...

Currently 34,000 feet in the air somewhere above Saskatchewan or Manitoba, but somehow still getting decent cell reception.

Our takeoff was aborted (at full reverse thrust) and we had to go back to the gate. Pilot said that "the auto thrust system was showing irregular readings," but that we didn't need it to fly, so he had to fill out paperwork and we took off again, this time with manual thrust control.

I had to frantically look up the model of the plane (because auto thrust failure is what has downed a few 737 Max planes), but it's a 737-800. So...just have to rely on the pilot knowing the right speeds!

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Currently 34,000 feet in the air somewhere above Saskatchewan or Manitoba, but somehow still getting decent cell reception.

Our takeoff was aborted (at full reverse thrust) and we had to go back to the gate. Pilot said that "the auto thrust system was showing irregular readings," but that we didn't need it to fly, so he had to fill out paperwork and we took off again, this time with manual thrust control.

I had to frantically look up the model of the plane (because auto thrust failure is what has downed a few 737 Max planes), but it's a 737-800. So...just have to rely on the pilot knowing the right speeds!

Sounds like the pilot is attentive and knows what he is doing tough. :thumbup:

• Halal 1

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

How many strip clubs you been to already?

lol, none so far. Crazy how beautiful everyone here is, though. And French accents are very nice. It's the most bilingual place I've been, people just switching between French and English all the time. Bonjour-hi is the standard greeting.

Just had the mandatory poutine, and smoked meat sandwich (Green spot).

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Canadian photographer goes to a place and says how beautiful it is and doesn't post any pics. Best was right. You are a dumb Canadian who shouldn't care about America! :nottalking:

lol. I didn't take my photo gear because I wanted to enjoy the moments! Only photos are from my phone:

CxavKPy.jpeg

r2ExdIX.jpeg

RPY1Wx8.jpeg

GxMscDS.jpeg

76pvQLX.jpeg

3KNYqzE.jpeg

piNcEMy.jpeg

The hotel we're in is 193 years old, it's pretty neat.

• Like 2
  • Hype 1

9 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Thinking about taking my side girl there later in the year. Recs?

Only two days into the trip so I'm sure I'll have more later, but:

I'd definitely recommend staying in Old Montreal. Cobblestone streets and everything is 200+ years old, plus a Metro stop so easy access to the rest of the city. Feels like Europe. So far the best restaurant has actually been Lacutta, which is BBQ. Otherwise, Greenspot was fantastic for poutine and smoked meat sandwiches and other Quebecois food. Greasy spoon type of diner. We haven't really done any night life since we're not into that, we're more into the history and walking around. Lots of fantastic little cafes, patisseries, and boulangeries. 

I'd move to Old Montreal if I could...but even 1-bedroom, 1-bedroom apartments are over $1 million in a lot of buildings. Yikes!

We went to the Biodome, which was good, but crowded. Biggest impression of the city so far is just how safe it is, and feels.

• Like 1

There was a truck in front of me with a US Army sticker, a Trump as Calvin peeing on the word "liberals" sticker, a Let's go Brandon sticker and a sticker that said, "Does this ass make my truck look big?" with a picture of Joe Biden on it.

Can you guess the manufacturer?

Bonus points for the color.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There was a truck in front of me with a US Army sticker, a Trump as Calvin peeing on the word "liberals" sticker, a Let's go Brandon sticker and a sticker that said, "Does this ass make my truck look big?" with a picture of Joe Biden on it.

Can you guess the manufacturer?

Bonus points for the color.

Dodge Ram 2500 white

• Wrong 1

31 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Dodge Ram 2500 white

Nope but I'll put it in spoilers in case anyone else wants to take a stab at it. Would be interesting to see what type of car people think these people drive. :p

Spoiler

Chevy S-10 and it was Teal

37 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Nope but I'll put it in spoilers in case anyone else wants to take a stab at it. Would be interesting to see what type of car people think these people drive. :p

Reveal hidden contents

Chevy S-10 and it was Teal

It’s what they drive in Utah at any rate. 

• Sicko 1

On the flight back from Montreal I would guess that 10% of the passengers were wearing masks (including us), and the other 90% had racking coughs and were spewing boogers without covering their faces. Despite the N95s, we clearly both caught something and are very sick. Looks like we may have finally caught COVID, but hard to say without testing. My wife is basically bed-bound, it sucks. On the bright side, were burning through Fallout and it's great!

• Hugs 2

My power went off at 2:30am last night and they kept pushing back the estimate of restoration. It seems like a vehicle caused the outage so the original time was supposed to be 8am, then it got pushed to 6pm and then eventually 9pm, and it came back around 8pm. Not a lot to do during that time, can't even shower or eat and my cell phone ran out of batteries. Good times.

11 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My power went off at 2:30am last night and they kept pushing back the estimate of restoration. It seems like a vehicle caused the outage so the original time was supposed to be 8am, then it got pushed to 6pm and then eventually 9pm, and it came back around 8pm. Not a lot to do during that time, can't even shower or eat and my cell phone ran out of batteries. Good times.

That's a bummer, sorry. Do you have some powerbanks for e.g. your phone and they just ran out? 

2 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Do you have some powerbanks for e.g. your phone

I don't have them. I just charge my phone every 3 days or so, by that time it gets down to 30% and I charge it. Just so happens I was on the back end of that charge schedule :p

• Hugs 1