~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

1 hour ago, Jason said:
bd0de33e69bd296399a8bd44fe08874d
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Ticket sales were so lackluster the upper tier of the arena was shut down, reports the Sun Sentinel.

It's funny that they couldn't attract an audience considering that between the two of them they've harassed enough women to fill a stadium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m pretty sure the first debate was the second to final nail in Trump’s re-election coffin. Saying “HAHA YOUR SON IS A DRUG ADDICT LOSER” went over AMAZING with white suburban voters who Trump spent four years saying he felt their pain because their children were getting addicted to drugs from the city.

The final nail was getting covid.

The problem is that DeSantis is trying to run by out Trumping Trump.

I still see little chance that his voters will go for New Coke if they can just pick Coke.

While an aspect of Trumpism is basically just the principle of being as wrong and horrible as possible on every issue(which DeSantis can copy and possibly even try to outdo Trump) part of Trump's weird appeal was his name recognition and celebrity. Which is much harder to copy.

Remember, part of his "populist" appeal was this name recognition. Like him or not, he brought in people that wouldn't normally vote. Not only is that hard for DeSantis to copy, his status as a politician(even a Trumpian demagogue) might be antithetical to it. People liked Trump because he was "honest":rolleyes:

I've said since the day after the election that if the GOP wanted to stop Trump they needed to immediately hop on him as a weak loser that lost a winnable election. 

And the window of opportunity on that was very small. Would have had to do it within weeks of the loss. A year later, they've obviously made the exact opposite choice. And so I don't really see him whining about the election as a weakness. Indeed, it is a strength for him. Because it has become party heresy to deny that he won. If DeSantis comes out now and tries to say Trump is a losing loser it will be treated almost like a Republican coming out in favor of late term abortions. Trump has been very effective at turning his personal desires into the party line.

And ultimately, what exactly is your pitch to beat Trump if your public statements enthusiastically insist he overwhelmingly won two elections? If anything, you should just be happy that the party has the good fortune to run him for a third term that he is a shoo-in to win if only the vote is fair!

I remain convinced that only a random act of cholesterol will save us from Trump definitely winning the nomination and a >50% chance that he wins another term. #teamcheeseberder

• True 1

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

The problem is that DeSantis is trying to run by out Trumping Trump.

I still see little chance that his voters will go for New Coke if they can just pick Coke.

While an aspect of Trumpism is basically just the principle of being as wrong and horrible as possible on every issue(which DeSantis can copy and possibly even try to outdo Trump) part of Trump's weird appeal was his name recognition and celebrity. Which is much harder to copy.

Remember, part of his "populist" appeal was this name recognition. Like him or not, he brought in people that wouldn't normally vote. Not only is that hard for DeSantis to copy, his status as a politician(even a Trumpian demagogue) might be antithetical to it. People liked Trump because he was "honest":rolleyes:

I've said since the day after the election that if the GOP wanted to stop Trump they needed to immediately hop on him as a weak loser that lost a winnable election. 

And the window of opportunity on that was very small. Would have had to do it within weeks of the loss. A year later, they've obviously made the exact opposite choice. And so I don't really see him whining about the election as a weakness. Indeed, it is a strength for him. Because it has become party heresy to deny that he won. If DeSantis comes out now and tries to say Trump is a losing loser it will be treated almost like a Republican coming out in favor of late term abortions. Trump has been very effective at turning his personal desires into the party line.

And ultimately, what exactly is your pitch to beat Trump if your public statements enthusiastically insist he overwhelmingly won two elections? If anything, you should just be happy that the party has the good fortune to run him for a third term that he is a shoo-in to win if only the vote is fair!

I remain convinced that only a random act of cholesterol will save us from Trump definitely winning the nomination and a >50% chance that he wins another term. #teamcheeseberder

I've still got my money on impacted bowel.

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I've still got my money on impacted bowel.

Are you so sure on that? He has such a shit ton amount of KFC skin in his system. That the only thing dying are the toilet bowls he shits upon. 

My money is on complications from a fall down some stairs.