~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's almost irrelevant with GOP-dominated gerrymandering and voter suppression efforts in full swing.

And overturning state election results could come down to just "oh well we're not SURE what happened, so the state legislature can just give all the EVs to Trump".

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

And overturning state election results could come down to just "oh well we're not SURE what happened, so the state legislature can just give all the EVs to Trump".

With many of them stripping powers from the Secretaries of State when it comes to certification, this becomes a very real scenario.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hey now. I remember us talking about this possibility last year, but it was called impossible. What, aside from forcing out all the Republican that refused to bend the knee and looking to replace them with sycophants that openly admit it's the only reason they want these positions, makes you think this may actually happen the next time around?

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Hey now. I remember us talking about this possibility last year, but it was called impossible. What, aside from forcing out all the Republican that refused to bend the knee and looking to replace them with sycophants that openly admit it's the only reason they want these positions, makes you think this may actually happen the next time around?

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

With many of them stripping powers from the Secretaries of State when it comes to certification, this becomes a very real scenario.

16 hours ago, Chris- said:

In what ways has he increased his supporter base since 2020? Or even 2016?

I douvt its shrunk that much, and Biden definitely won't have the support he had last time.

I'd love it if you were right, but I don't think so. I think the gop go all in on him again, and the base eats it up.

And I bet his slogan is some shit like, "Righting the wrongs!"

Then there is all the stuff SFLUfan brought up.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:09 PM, marioandsonic said:

2016 votes for Trump:  62,984,828

2020 votes for Trump:  74,216,154

Well, it hasn't decreased.

Votes are only a proxy for support though; the majority of registered voters do not view him favorably, and it is unlikely that will ever change. While he might get more voters to the polls, he's never going to convert new ones.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:11 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's almost irrelevant with GOP-dominated gerrymandering and voter suppression efforts in full swing.

And, of course, there's the all-out GOP assault on democracy itself as @Jason posted in the Putsch thread:

20211005-joe-biden2000px.gif?w=1200&h=63
WWW.MOTHERJONES.COM

If the president doesn’t beat back this Trump-GOP attack, little else will matter.

The reality is that there are enough "undemocratic" factors in play to make Trump "winning" a very real probability.

Democrats have made good strides against gerrymandering and voter suppression; they will always have to fight it, but if having both Senate seats in Georgia is any indication, they are presently doing a good job. 

On 10/8/2021 at 4:15 PM, Jason said:

I simply do not see how that happens without the United States dissolving as a political entity, and at that point it doesn't really matter who 'won'.

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Basically the stars have to align for him to legitimately win, and an illegitimate win will basically invalidate the game altogether.

The 2000 election was blatantly stolen and everyone just shrugged their shoulders and moved on.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

The 2000 election was blatantly stolen and everyone just shrugged their shoulders and moved on.

If you think that was blatant theft, then think about how much of what you are proposing is escalation. What do you think California does when Arizona's actions subject it to illegitimate federal rule? Do you think in the face of overruling the popular vote in certain states that there *wouldn't* be mass acts of unrest?

image.jpg?width=1200&coordinates=0%2C37%
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

According to a report from the Intercept's Ryan Grim and Max Ufberg, former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was forced to intercede when Donald Trump proposed appointing his daughter Ivanka to head up the World Bank.The report notes that when the opening came about in January of 2019, Trump saw it...

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

Votes are only a proxy for support though; the majority of registered voters do not view him favorably, and it is unlikely that will ever change. While he might get more voters to the polls, he's never going to convert new ones.

Democrats have made good strides against gerrymandering and voter suppression; they will always have to fight it, but if having both Senate seats in Georgia is any indication, they are presently doing a good job. 

I simply do not see how that happens without the United States dissolving as a political entity, and at that point it doesn't really matter who 'won'.

Re: votes

Clinton: 65,853,514

Biden: 81,268,924

To back up your point, we made it significantly easier to vote in light of the pandemic and thus more people voted! 

3 hours ago, Jason said:
image.jpg?width=1200&coordinates=0%2C37%
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

According to a report from the Intercept's Ryan Grim and Max Ufberg, former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin was forced to intercede when Donald Trump proposed appointing his daughter Ivanka to head up the World Bank.The report notes that when the opening came...

Man we really lucked out with mnuchin. Easily the only character in the Trump orbit who wasn't complete dog shit.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Re: votes

Clinton: 65,853,514

Biden: 81,268,924

To back up your point, we made it significantly easier to vote in light of the pandemic and thus more people voted! 

It's a good thing that the GOP isn't passing multiple voter suppression laws in numerous states across the country then!

He truly lives in a consequence free bubble and the media just lets him get away with it.

Every reporter who normalizes stuff like this, every republican official who pretends this sort of crap is normal, every piece of shit who voted for him... fuck all those people.

A man as transparently morally bankrupt as Donald Trump should not be able to rise to power. It still boggles my mind.

23 minutes ago, ort said:

He truly lives in a consequence free bubble and the media just lets him get away with it.

Every reporter who normalizes stuff like this, every republican official who pretends this sort of crap is normal, every piece of shit who voted for him... fuck all those people.

A man as transparently morally bankrupt as Donald Trump should not be able to rise to power. It still boggles my mind.

He likely never rises to power if we had an election system that made sense, but Murica'™.

• Like 1
  • True 1

1 hour ago, ort said:

That’s the part that bugs me, the media got rightfully taken to task for constantly giving him free coverage for all his shenanigans which definitely helped him win the election.

Now, they’re afraid to give him any type of coverage.

16 hours ago, MarSolo said:

That’s the part that bugs me, the media got rightfully taken to task for constantly giving him free coverage for all his shenanigans which definitely helped him win the election.

Now, they’re afraid to give him any type of coverage.

Afraid? Theres just nothing to cover. There's nothing the media woulld love more than for trump to be newsworthy again. Ratings are gone to shit, and thats all they care about. 

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Afraid? Theres just nothing to cover. There's nothing the media woulld love more than for trump to be newsworthy again. Ratings are gone to shit, and thats all they care about. 

I think the former President speaking out in defense of a woman who tried to breach the Capitol to hang the Vice President to be a pretty newsworthy thing to cover.

55 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I think the former President speaking out in defense of a woman who tried to breach the Capitol to hang the Vice President to be a pretty newsworthy thing to cover.

Not really, not in 2021. He has no power, theres no campaigns being run right now. 

They can't wait for him to run again. It's why they've been talking about it since he left the Whitehouse.

Mainstream news needs sensationalism. They can't wait to sell the threat of Trump chasing power for a second time! When primaries heat up, it's going to be all trump all the time.