Senate confirms Justice Handmaid One

2 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

And a feature of that system is that government can be brought down with a no-confidence vote, something not remotely possible with ours and which should warm your libertarian heart!

Doesn't a no confidence vote require a majority of MPs to vote in favor of that motion?  How often does that happen when it's the minority party (or parties) hold no effective power? 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Doesn't a no confidence vote require a majority of MPs to vote in favor of that motion?  How often does that happen when it's the minority party (or parties) hold no effective power? 

Typically the governing party has a plurality, not an outright majority, so the odds against it are not as great as you may think 

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You're right, 80+ year olds who have already had cancer should continue to work and their decisions to continue to do so are beyond reproach

el oh fucking el, her first cancer diagnosis was in 19-90-fucking-9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Bader_Ginsburg#Health_and_death

And here I fucking was thinking she only knew about the cancer AFTER Trump was elected.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

Jesus fucking Christ, we got a bunch of Private Hudsons and Lamberts in this thread.

Stop fucking whining, crying, pointing fingers, and blaming. Put on your strap-ons, get out there, donate some money, and put it in their ass!

Go ahead, go out in a blaze of glory. They'll surely remember you when they rewrite books for the new Patriotic Education program.

6 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Go ahead, go out in a blaze of glory. They'll surely remember you when they rewrite books for the new Patriotic Education program.

10 years ago I wanted to pursue a Polish passport because I was probably entitled to one under Polish law at the time, due to my grandparents being Jews run out of Poland by the Nazis.

Unfortunately this would have probably required getting my grandfather involved, and I say it's unfortunate because my dad's position was a hard "no fuck the Poles for what they did to your grandfather [his father] you're not making him do that."

My position was "look I obviously don't give a fucking shit about Poland, but it's an EU passport and it would make studying in Germany or wherever a lot easier than being in the position of having to first get a visa" but my dad wouldn't budge on his stance.

I believe the rightwing Polish government has since closed off my best bet at an EU passport.

THANKS DAD!

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

You're being upvoted by Gary Johnson voters lmao.

rcom-default.png?w=800
WWW.REUTERS.COM

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has a message for liberals who have been saying the 81-year-old should step down while Democratic President Barack Obama is in office so...

I'm not dying on a hill to defend this shit