Senate confirms Justice Handmaid One

• Jason changed the title to RBG DEAD
14 minutes ago, Jason said:

HE'LL STILL GET FUCKING CONFIRMED AND FUCKING MANCHIN AND A COUPLE OF OTHER WORTHLESS SHITBAGS WILL VOTE FOR HIM

Exactly my point, Trump is going to rush the nomination before the election rather than have it be THE issue going INTO the election. 

Either way, there’s going to be A LOT of pissed off voters on the left.

Just now, MarSolo said:

Exactly my point, Trump is going to rush the nomination before the election rather than have it be THE issue going INTO the election. 

Either way, there’s going to be A LOT of pissed off voters on the left.

A SCOTUS ratfuck might be enough to push some moderate Dems towards packing the court based on previous reporting I've seen

1 minute ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

The general election of the United States just became entirely about filling a position in the sole UNELECTED branch of the Federal government. 

Let that sink in.

Anyone who was pretending that this wasn't a huge part of this election before her death was kidding themselves.

Just now, Joe said:

Doesn't matter. You do not get to speak like that about RBG when you didn't even have the balls to vote for HRC. Just shut the fuck up and let's move on.

1. I was able to give a vote to a third party without having to worry about swinging a national election.

2. I've already told you that I voted straight D in 2018.

Just now, Jason said:

1. I was able to give a vote to a third party without having to worry about swinging a national election.

2. I've already told you that I voted straight D in 2018.

No state came down to one vote. Every vote matters. Good for you that you had a change of heart in 2018. Maybe RBG also regrets her decision? Either way, do not say fuck her. 

1 minute ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

What I'm driving at is the utter insanity of a system where the ideological composition of the bloody judiciary actually matters.

Nowhere else in the world is this even remotely an electoral consideration.

That's America now, everything is partisan.  Before 2020 I wouldn't think wearing a mask to slow the spread of deadly disease would be a partisan political issue, but there we are.

4 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

That's America now, everything is partisan.  Before 2020 I wouldn't think wearing a mask to slow the spread of deadly disease would be a partisan political issue, but there we are.

The United States has very much been an extremely partisan entity since its very inception.

The US never actually coalesced into a truly unitary social/political entity.

Just now, mclumber1 said:

I suppose if all of the Democratic Senators convince 2 GOP members to not show up for work the next few months, that would effectively block any appointment because they wouldn't have a quorum.  But it would also prevent any other legislation from getting voted on too.

worth it

2 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Our system is so fucking stupid. 

I think it has it's advantages.  With a parliamentary system, it's a feature, not a bug, to have one party control every aspect of the current government.  At least with our Republic, we often have gridlock (good!) when the opposition controls at least one of the houses.

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

I think it has it's advantages.  With a parliamentary system, it's a feature, not a bug, to have one party control every aspect of the current government.  At least with our Republic, we often have gridlock (good!) when the opposition controls at least one of the houses.

And a feature of that system is that government can be brought down with a no-confidence vote, something not remotely possible with ours and which should warm your libertarian heart!