Cannon indefinitely delays the Trump classified documents case

4 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I’m reading this opens up trial dates for Georgia and DC (pending scotus fuckup)

Writing was already on the wall for Fulton County slipping into 2025 regardless of what happens anywhere else.

DC is different though.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Writing was already on the wall for Fulton County slipping into 2025 regardless of what happens anywhere else.

DC is different though.

TIL that the Fulton county case is also pending the bat shit insane immunity claim that SCOTUS is kicking around

WWW.AJC.COM

The Supreme Court will decide whether Donald Trump is immune from prosecution, which could affect his case in Georgia.

Because a conspiracy to commit fraud relating to official state documents is within the outside perimeter of the job of president

54 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

TIL that the Fulton county case is also pending the bat shit insane immunity claim that SCOTUS is kicking around

WWW.AJC.COM

The Supreme Court will decide whether Donald Trump is immune from prosecution, which could affect his case in Georgia.

Because a conspiracy to commit fraud relating to official state documents is within the outside perimeter of the job of president

Yeah, it probably has multiple rounds of appeals/remands still to go, and each time it pushes things back 2-3 months, making 2025 the most likely outcome (pending election 2024 results).

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

This is the kind of thing that makes it very hard not to be pessimistic about these cases.

There has been very little reason for optimism for quite a while now.

In fact, "pessimism" is definitely the "realistic" viewpoint.

• True 3

As long as Jack Smith doesn't allow a jury to be seated in the documents case there is a chance that Trump will get hit.

I honestly don't think Trump has the momentum to win this election cycle unless Biden does something incredibly stupid.

1 hour ago, Link200 said:

As long as Jack Smith doesn't allow a jury to be seated in the documents case there is a chance that Trump will get hit.

I honestly don't think Trump has the momentum to win this election cycle unless Biden does something incredibly stupid.

GOP will go all in on the steal, all the political mechanisms they pit in place to negate, invalidate or otherwise suppress votes will be in play… the cost of living (always places at foot of president), protests over Israel, the selective border outrage, Bidens age, and the usual “Dems are giving away our money” narratives are all already in place……. the Trump is: unfairly persecuted, only person who can fight corruption, and the one who can save our country narratives are already at play……

Outside of all that im sure theres a few other surprise narratives still waiting on the wings… honestly its a toss-up… the fact that such a corrupt POS even has a chance means we have all lost already..

DONT MIND ME ..Living in Trump country as I do doesnt help… the pod people here love to engage more than Jehovahs witnesses

2 hours ago, Link200 said:

He’s winning by multiple points in like 6 of 7 swing states in recent polls. 

21 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

He’s winning by multiple points in like 6 of 7 swing states in recent polls. 

Eh, I trust polls the same way I trust my ex-wife to not fuck me in the wallet.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Also, didn’t polls predict a red wave in 2022?

WHOOPSIE!

Trump always performs better than the party.

i think you guys are ignoring how bad ghings are for Biden. He won the last election by ~80k votes in the seing states, and he lost more popularity with his party than Trump has. The coalition that won Biden 2020 doesn’t exist anymore. 

thats not saying those voters who aren’t voting for Biden will vote for Trump, most of them will just not vote. Republicans otoh, vote every damn time.  Many Muslims refuse to vote for him now, as do a lot of young people, and this election is expected to be pretty low turnout. 

I’m definitely not saying trump will win for sure, but the possibility is at least 50/50. People are not happy, and when people aren’t happy they blame the president. Pretending he doesn’t have a chance is echoes of 2016, and he has a much better chance than then. 

12 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Also, didn’t polls predict a red wave in 2022?

WHOOPSIE!

No, republican propagandists predicted a red wave, the election was actually within the margin of error. Even with the margin of error in every swing state in Biden’s favour, Trump is winning many by a point or two. 

WHOOPSIE!

Pretending Trump has no chance is foolish at this point. For some reason he still excites the right wing. Nobody but the most vote blue no matter who blue dog democrats are excited about Biden. There were multiple candidates the democrats could have run to destroy Trump, and they picked the one that polls the worst against them.

and the same can be said about the idiots at the GOP. There were multiple candidates who could have destroyed Biden in the GE, instead they picked the guy with a 50/50 shot. 

Look, im not arguing because I like Trump. I had hoped he’d be buried in a fake gold casket by now. I’m arguing because im looking at polls, protests, and how peoples lives have become harder and more expensive over the last 4 years. Right now polls show people are more positive about Trump’s presidency than Biden’s. With the war in Israel, that probably gets worse. 

AMP.CNN.COM

Donald Trump continues to hold an advantage over President Joe Biden as the campaign – and Trump’s criminal trial – move forward, according to a new CNN poll...

You really think young people are going to come out for Biden after being smeared as violent anti-semites by Biden and the media? Republicans don’t have these problems, their voters fall in line. They might be in a Mexican standoff with different factions of the base, but they all get out and vote. Instead they get to also smear young university students while losing nothing, because those students were never voting for them anyway. This whole situation is bad on every side for Biden. Either piss off the jews, or piss off Muslims and Palestinian activists. Either way he’s losing thousands of votes in swing states like Michigan that he desperately needs. 

While there are some unusual anomalies in the cross-tab data in the polls, to outright dismiss them is quite frankly naïve at beat best and just sounds downright "Trumpian".

14 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I find polls that show Trump leading in some states a little unconvincing when those same states hold their primaries and 20%+ Republicans show up to vote for the candidate that dropped out of the race over two months ago.

They may not vote for Trump in a meaningless primary, but they will vote for him in the general and that's what the head-to-head data reflects.

Remember the old maxim: "Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line."   

23 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Trump's voter base of almost nothing but 40+ year old white men is somehow bad for Biden.

There's ample evidence to suggest that his "base" has expanded to include a not-insignificant number of Latin voters and that is very, very bad for Biden.

20 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There's ample evidence to suggest that his "base" has expanded to include a not-insignificant number of Latin voters and that is very, very bad for Biden.

I'd argue Trump's bleeding of women voters is even worse for him.

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Polls and expert statements show the Republican will struggle to court the female vote in the 2024 presidential election.

In 2020, Trump's vote share among women in the 2020 election improved from 2016, rising from 39 percent to 44 percent while Biden won 55 percent of the vote, according to analysis from the Pew Research Center.

But according to a January Quinnipiac University poll of registered voters, 58 percent of women now back Biden while 36 percent back Trump. In December, the same polling company found the gap was 53 percent to 41 percent, showing Trump's support among women is declining.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

While there are some unusual anomalies in the cross-tab data in the polls, to outright dismiss them is quite frankly naïve at beat best and just sounds downright "Trumpian".

It's not that I'm denying them, I just don't give a shit about them this far out

:shrug:

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

I'd argue Trump's bleeding of women voters is even worse for him.

WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Polls and expert statements show the Republican will struggle to court the female vote in the 2024 presidential election.

You know how Republicans love to break out the old chestnut that the Democrat party is actually the party of slavery blah blah blah.

Rather than try to go into the history of the party flip and the Southern Strategy whenever that happens I just skip to the point that it's inherently pretty racist to use that line because it assumes that black people are so fucking stupid that they vote at roughly a 9 to 1 margin in favor of the Slave party.

I am seeing something of a similar dynamic on the right as far as women and Dobbs.

It is inherently pretty sexist and says a lot about how little one thinks about women that so many on the right think that women are going to *poof* forget about a basic human right being taken away from them.

Imagine if one party decided one day...."Uh yeah, men you can't get medical treatment for heart attacks no more".

Now imagine how little you would have to think of men to say things like, "Well after a year men will stop caring about that" or even better, "We just need to find a better way to message the pro "Die Where you Drop" pro-heart attack position."

I know Trump got away with a lot of bulldozing through scandals, but what I think a lot of men simply don't(and maybe can't) appreciate is that Dobbs is not a scandal that happened. Dobbs is a scandal that is still happening. Every day throughout the country it is still happening.

• True 2

Polls are a waste of time right now, Kennedy is polling in the high single and low double digits, lol.  Most are polls of all, or RVs no one is really doing LV screening yet, ect... As for latinos one of the reasons dems didn't get wiped out in 2022 was because they did not side with the GOP on abortion, and still don't, the GOP isn't gaining them like is being presented in bad polling and punditry.

Trump is definitely benefitting from the armchair coach effect. Pretty easy to say "it wouldn't have happened if I were in charge" or "I would have solved it in 24 hours" from where he's sitting. And I guess half of everyone's buying it.

30 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Polls are a waste of time right now, Kennedy is polling in the high single and low double digits, lol.  Most are polls of all, or RVs no one is really doing LV screening yet, ect... As for latinos one of the reasons dems didn't get wiped out in 2022 was because they did not side with the GOP on abortion, and still don't, the GOP isn't gaining them like is being presented in bad polling and punditry.

I thought Latinos were some of the biggest pro-lifers around?