It's been said before, but wow, we've been posting together a long time

25 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I remember a dude who made comics about the Vesti. Like he made this comic where somebody sees a crash and rushes home to post about it on the Vesti, that sort of stuff.

He also made a comic about @Karld316 saying if 50 mods post in his thread, he'd stop posting on the Vesti, and the number 50 mod was some guy saying, "I did mj's mom last night," and mj was one of the mods. He complained that it wasn't fair, that some people were made temp mods to articifically bump up the numbers and people kept it bumped so mods could see, and then one of the mods said to stop complaining and that they were close to making him a mod so he could be the 50th mod to post and get himself banned from the Vesti.

He was banned from the vesti.

v5aGSAi.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Hype 2

15 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It's really a rather prescient commentary on what would eventually become the social media culture.

Now for @Paperclyp it would be news headlines that are basically the same thing, and the icing on the cake would be the articles are just people's quotes from the thread.

:sickos:

• Sicko 1

3 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

I think I joined the boards in 03 and got sponsored, remember that shit, in like 04. Don’t remember when I found the CEB/got active but guess during the Bush administration in like 09/10.

But Obama was in office starting in 2009. :p 

6 hours ago, Reputator said:

Wow, same. April 2001

FQ1EqR2.png

aahhhh that screenname :lol:

ooooo here's the oldest image of Mr. Wade Steel that I have

K9Jbmhi.jpeg

I just have a folder full of old message board stuff

some of you guys that hung around the PC community board might remember this crap

jyEA9BN.jpeg

That last one is missing Krinords the Pikenator.

• Like 2

I had Insider and I sponsored someone—it took 8+ years for IGN to cancel the sponsorship. Each year they would charge my card and I would have to dispute it to get it reversed. I would submit ticket after ticket (I didn't even post there anymore) each year. I don't even remember who I sponsored, lol.

40 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I was magna12 on IGN cuz I had no access to a credit card at the time and my buddy paid. We both posted. It probably seemed like we had schizophrenia.

Lol my twin brother and I shared the IGN account. Then early years on here we shared so yea it must have been wiled to see two different personalities on one account 😀 

31 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I had Insider and I sponsored someone—it took 8+ years for IGN to cancel the sponsorship. Each year they would charge my card and I would have to dispute it to get it reversed. I would submit ticket after ticket (I didn't even post there anymore) each year. I don't even remember who I sponsored, lol.

Pfft. I was too young for a credit/debit card. I cut IGN a check for $25 and put it in the mail every year.

9 hours ago, Reputator said:

Wow, same. April 2001

FQ1EqR2.png

aahhhh that screenname :lol:

ooooo here's the oldest image of Mr. Wade Steel that I have

K9Jbmhi.jpeg

I just have a folder full of old message board stuff

some of you guys that hung around the PC community board might remember this crap

jyEA9BN.jpeg

This was around the time I was in college near Seattle and I actually made a sign that said "PCCB ESMIs the Mariners" and took it to the game. Of course I didn't make it on the TV. :p 

• Like 1

I should have made clear earlier it's always been the same screenname since I registered in April 2001. I don't like the screenname very much (I didn't come up with it) and I use a different one everywhere else but since it's been the same community here since the IGN days I've kept up with this screenname here.

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I should have made clear earlier it's always been the same screenname since I registered in April 2001. I don't like the screenname very much (I didn't come up with it) and I use a different one everywhere else but since it's been the same community here since the IGN days I've kept up with this screenname here.

What would you change it to if you changed or had a new name?

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'd probably switch it to the handle I use everywhere else most likely. Maybe a new one entirely but I don't think so.

At IGN there was also a user that went by TheGreatOne and you're Greatoneshere so there can only be one, you're clearly the pretender! :talkhand:

• Haha 1

I don't remember when I first registered on IGN, but I definitely was on the boards when I lived in Maryland and that was 1999-2002ish. I may have been registered before that, I was very into online message boards in the late 90s. I really can't remember.

I definitely remember paying for access later in the life of IGN.

When did this place start up? It was over a decade ago, right?

9 minutes ago, ort said:

I don't remember who I first registered on IGN, but I definitely was on the boards when I lived in Maryland and that was 1999-2002ish. I may have been registered before that, I was very into online message boards in the late 90s. I really can't remember.

I definitely remember paying for access later in the life of IGN.

When did this place start up? It was over a decade ago, right?

Late 2010.

15 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Jesus, you realize that means most of us have been in the Bad Cartridge/D1P community for longer than we were at IGN.

Like...a good handful of years longer. :O

Yup, I've brought that up here before, which boggles my mind.

I think the reason it doesn't feel longer, or at least doesn't feel significantly longer, than IGN is just because of how much happened when I was on IGN, personally speaking. I was graduating high school, then going to a local college, then a university, changing majors, all that jazz. Whereas I've been an adult in a career for much of my BC/D1P time.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Yup, I've brought that up here before, which boggles my mind.

I think the reason it doesn't feel longer, or at least doesn't feel significantly longer, than IGN is just because of how much happened when I was on IGN, personally speaking. I was graduating high school, then going to a local college, then a university, changing majors, all that jazz. Whereas I've been an adult in a career for much of my BC/D1P time.

That's kind of a cliché of getting older though, ya know? The older you get, the faster time passes. When you're growing up and learning new things, every day is more meaningful.

But now we're all old and crotchety. And jaded. And crotchety. So much crotch going on in here.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Reputator said:

That's kind of a cliché of getting older though, ya know? The older you get, the faster time passes. When you're growing up and learning new things, every day is more meaningful.

But now we're all old and crotchety. And jaded. And crotchety. So much crotch going on in here.

The minute @stepee sees this post…

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

For real, though: when I think back at the last 14 years of my life, I've done WAY more than before. I think it hit me when I realized I worked in my career longer than I did in retail, my first job. But despite all the things that have happened in my career, and all the countries/states I never stepped foot in that I finally did in the 2010s/2020s, there's something big about having a job through high school and college and university and up until my first career job, never mind all the different stores I worked in during that 9-year time frame. And so those nine years feel so much longer.

Having the same job through different stores from 10th grade through university plus one year seems like forever compared to 9, 10, 11, 12 years as an adult with a career.

• Halal 1

I feel time for me depends on how many new experiences I’m having vs how long time has passed. Like if I’m on vacation time is quite slow usually and a week feels like a large amount of time. If I’m at home just doing the routine like last week (new tech doesn’t count as new experience in this way) like I blink and it’s gone. 

• Halal 1

I’ve been some form of MarSolo since joining IGN back in 2004. I always stuck with some Harrison Ford character name as a username, even my Gmail account is one, to my embarrassment decades later when I give my email.