~*Xbox In Crisis: The Official Thread*~ - update: "New Platforms, New Players: Four Fan-Favorite Xbox Games Coming to Nintendo Switch and Sony Platforms"

7 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Which games? All of them, or only Bethesda games?  Is there an exclusive period?

Well that we don't know of course. But this is obvious, if they start with a select few games, and they do "well" whatever their definition of that is, more games will be multiplatform. 

• True 1

On 2/10/2024 at 10:36 PM, Dre801 said:

Which sucks because 360 was awesome and had built up a ton of momentum that generation only to let one E3 event utterly destroy it.

A higher price and you get a Kinect whether you want one or not.  A console designed to be used with your cable tv. No pre owned games. I’m probably forgetting something . They really came out swinging at that E3!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

A higher price and you get a Kinect whether you want one or not.  A console designed to be used with your cable tv. No pre owned games. I’m probably forgetting something . They really came out swinging at that E3!

All at the cost of weakening the GPU to meet that higher price point:

OG PS4 1.8TFLOPS

OG Xbone 1.3TFLOPS

Thanks Don! 

• True 1

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

The "next gen" series S is rumored to be a dockable handheld, so

Will that be enough? Those are becoming pretty common and some are already capable of playing Gamepass games. That seems like the kind of thing that would only appeal to long time Xbox customers who have a library of Xbox games digitally already. 

not that its an awful idea to follow this very well established and growing trend. But unless the output becomes full of undeniable successes that draw people to the echo system it still wont move the needle much. Still just feels like a stop gap. 

I dont know what the answer is to make the next Xbox a must in the living room/bed room. Even something like VR barely does anything for playstation, with so little support. But if MS had an amazing VR solution that is boxed in, while keeping it $500 and it being comparable in power to the PS6. That could do it, but that’s risking a TON of money at a time MS is seemingly looking for ROI now over market share. 

Honestly, I think dropping AMD for their GPU supplier for nvidia could be seen as a bigger win for “gamers”. Having DLSS3 or whatever else new vs FSR (3 maybe) would make for Xbox having the better looking and performing games. If the tech is based on whatever will be in the 50XX series or even 60XX series of GPUs, and the price could stay reasonable it could make for quite a console box. 

MS isnt great at hardware innovation. I dont see them inventing the next big thing in gaming or perfecting a niche thing to become the next big thing, like Nintendo is capable of doing. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I dont know what the answer is to make the next Xbox a must in the living room/bed room.

There's some obvious answers.  I just don't think Microsoft corporate has the patience to take a short term hit this gen, or that it would align with Phil's vision of Xbox ... or the contracts they signed.

Someone should box the system with an AR set of glasses, like a Rokid Max. If streaming is the future, the maybe glasses with a streaming controller. I think XBox also is behind the ball controller wise, and should of made their own haptic controller's sooner (if those renders were true for later this year)

An internal Xbox meeting is continuing to generate headlines, as a new report on the event suggests that Microsoft's gaming division aims to make "every screen" an Xbox.

The meeting, held on February 6, apparently saw Xbox bosses Phil Spencer and Sarah Bond address staff in the wake of rumors that first-party games like Starfield and Indiana Jones would be going multiplatform. Now, Inverse reports that Bond told those in attendance that "every screen is an Xbox," illustrating the point by showing Xbox Game Pass title Palworld on an array of tablets, TVs, and handheld devices.

This Inverse report comes from journalist Shannon Liao, who writes that "Bond spoke extensively about Xbox’s strategy of existing on multiple kinds of devices and greater ambitions of becoming the number one cross-platform gaming company."

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to ~*Xbox In Crisis: The Official Thread*~ - update: "every screen is an Xbox" per Sarah Bond at February 6 internal meeting
2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

That's the Sea of Thieves X account (not the Rare one)-- I think it's supposed to be a pirate Valentine's joke?

While it is a Valentine's Day joke, it references the Nintendo (red and white) and Sony (blue and white) colors as well was Xbox (green and white).

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to ~*Xbox In Crisis: The Official Thread*~ - update: Xbox Business Update (via Xbox Video Podcast) @ 1200 Pacific/1500 Eastern