~*Xbox In Crisis: The Official Thread*~ - update: "New Platforms, New Players: Four Fan-Favorite Xbox Games Coming to Nintendo Switch and Sony Platforms"

Man I just watched some of those influencer vids. That shit is ROUGH hahaha. And you'd like to think OK they're gonna be young, impressionable perhaps not even fully believing in their bullshit kids. Nope, grown men talking about how it's a personal betrayal to them after dropping hundreds of thousands into "the brand." 

My goodness gracious. 

• Haha 2
  • Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

3 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Man I just watched some of those influencer vids. That shit is ROUGH hahaha. And you'd like to think OK they're gonna be young, impressionable perhaps not even fully believing in their bullshit kids. Nope, grown men talking about how it's a personal betrayal to them after dropping hundreds of thousands into "the brand." 

My goodness gracious. 

Yes, but have you ever seen such tremendously monetizable content?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

My goodness gracious. 

yeah. Like if it’s just an act, good on them, because it’s getting views and they’re getting paid. But I don’t think it’s an act for most of them. Sony influencers have similar meltdowns. Especially when first party exclusives get announced and released on PC. 

just man children who tie their personal identity to a brand. Failing to realize the console war only exists in their head. 

What if this is some 4D chess move by MS. Prove they aren’t going to lock first party exclusives, even Starfield to the Xbox and then in 18 months the announcement of another big acquisition. This time it flies through regulatory approval, because MS has been so good in sharing. Then BAM! in 2027 Madden and FIFA are Xbox exclusives right before a new console launch. 

In regard to the influencers, there’s nothing wrong with feeling duped if the ecosystem you've invested in has stopped fighting for relevance.  I can get that part of it.  It's not just the persistent games library, but your friends list, saves, and your epeen aka Gamerscore.  People don't want to have to give that up.  The same hooks didn't exist back when Sega was struggling.  So the "brand" means more today than in the past.  Cross-buy with PC for the better part of a decade softens the blow, but probably not enough with the Windows storefront's reputation, and certain console gamers' allergic reaction to PC.

Where I think it's an act is them being unwilling to wait for Phil to set the record straight.  Get their reaction points in early for attention, I guess.

On the other hand, I've listened to both Kinda Funny and Giant Bomb's takes now, and the whole 'traditional terms of engagement have been over for some time' shtick is getting tiresome.  IMO, that actually happened when Microsoft threw around their wallet, more than any of Phil's other changes.  If they want to squander the opportunity they bought because of two historically so-so generations, that's on them.  It's not like they ever got curbstomped like Nintendo has.

It's far more likely to me that MS corporate realized they spent too much on the Activision Blizzard deal, and the current interest rate environment isn't helping.  So they decide to cut jobs and port more games.  Though I'd give them a hats off to a 4D chess move at a later date... like, 10 years in the future?

• Halal 1

9 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.SFCHRONICLE.COM

px-captcha

More layoffs at Activision in the Bay Area 

These aren't more layoffs these are the same layoffs as before this article is just saying who is part of the 1,900 workers.

The other part of this and that article are just saying they closed the offices but the workers are working remotely

This is why you shouldn't have chased off sblfilms, we need someone to read the articles.

• True 1

7 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

In regard to the influencers, there’s nothing wrong with feeling duped if the ecosystem you've invested in has stopped fighting for relevance.  I can get that part of it.  It's not just the persistent games library, but your friends list, saves, and your epeen aka Gamerscore.  People don't want to have to give that up.  The same hooks didn't exist back when Sega was struggling.  So the "brand" means more today than in the past.  Cross-buy with PC for the better part of a decade softens the blow, but probably not enough with the Windows storefront's reputation, and certain console gamers' allergic reaction to PC.

Where I think it's an act is them being unwilling to wait for Phil to set the record straight.  Get their reaction points in early for attention, I guess.

On the other hand, I've listened to both Kinda Funny and Giant Bomb's takes now, and the whole 'traditional terms of engagement have been over for some time' shtick is getting tiresome.  IMO, that actually happened when Microsoft threw around their wallet, more than any of Phil's other changes.  If they want to squander the opportunity they bought because of two historically so-so generations, that's on them.  It's not like they ever got curbstomped like Nintendo has.

It's far more likely to me that MS corporate realized they spent too much on the Activision Blizzard deal, and the current interest rate environment isn't helping.  So they decide to cut jobs and port more games.  Though I'd give them a hats off to a 4D chess move at a later date... like, 10 years in the future?

The guy’s vid I watched was mad primarily (it seemed) because starfield was going to ps5. These guys don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

7 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

They come off as petulant man babies.

57 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

The guy’s vid I watched was mad primarily (it seemed) because starfield was going to ps5. These guys don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. 

Sure, they’re overreacting.  But I don’t think it’s wrong to be mad if you bought a Series console to not miss out on Bethesda games.  And you would have gotten a PS5 instead if you only knew.

Starfield was the first tangible example of Microsoft leveraging an AAA acquisition to prop up their consoles’ appeal.

31 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

They come off as petulant man babies.

Most of them also did before this. :p

7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Sure, they’re overreacting.  But I don’t think it’s wrong to be mad if you bought a Series console to not miss out on Bethesda games.  And you would have gotten a PS5 instead if you only knew.

Starfield was the first tangible example of Microsoft leveraging an AAA acquisition to prop up their consoles’ appeal.

Most of them also did before this. :p

Halo: Combat Evolved was the first time Microsoft made a studio acquisition to prop up a console's appeal.

It is "OK" to be disappointed when companies change course, and do things that make you regret a purchase decision.  Being a man baby about it...

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Halo: Combat Evolved was the first time Microsoft made a studio acquisition to prop up a console's appeal.

It is "OK" to be disappointed when companies change course, and do things that make you regret a purchase decision.  Being a man baby about it...

Bungie wasn’t AAA before Halo, really.  Even though they made some cool stuff.

It wouldn’t be the first time gamers freaked out like entitled children, and not the worst.  If you didn’t jump on the bandwagon in 2008 about Nintendo abandoning you for soccer moms, you apparently weren’t thinking straight.

I’d say Microsoft 2013 as well, but that uproar actually enacted some positive change once they got the message.  I bet some of these personalities think they can try to tap into that again.

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Bungie wasn’t AAA before Halo, really.  Even though they made some cool stuff.

It wouldn’t be the first time gamers freaked out like entitled children, and not the worst.  If you didn’t jump on the bandwagon in 2008 about Nintendo abandoning you for soccer moms, you weren’t part of the club.

I’d say Microsoft 2013 as well, but that uproar actually enacted some positive change once they got the message.

Halo: CE was a AAA game that had been in development for years before MS bought them (and negotiated the rights from Take 2).  Starfield isn't the first time, nor the last, that a property will be bought by a platform holder to make their platform more attractive.

No one said it was the first, last, or worst freak out.  Doesn't make it any less cringe worthy.

Halo: CE was a AAA game that had been in development for years before MS bought them (and negotiated the rights from Take 2). 

Bungie spent years trying to figure out what type of game Halo even was. :p

Starfield isn't the first time, nor the last, that a property will be bought by a platform holder to make their platform more attractive.

You’re missing the point.  We’ve never seen an acquisition to this effect reverse course so rapidly.  It’s the kind of thing you’d expect from a timed exclusivity deal with an outside publisher, not a major 1st party release.  

What Microsoft is doing here is unprecedented, even for them.  If it wasn’t, Rare would have never stopped making Nintendo games.

Bungie spent years trying to figure out what type of game Halo even was. :p

You’re missing the point.  We’ve never seen an acquisition to this effect reverse course so rapidly.  It’s the kind of thing you’d expect from a timed exclusivity deal with an outside publisher, not a major 1st party release.  

What Microsoft is doing here is unprecedented, even for them.  If it wasn’t, Rare would have never stopped making Nintendo games.

1)  We don't know what MS is doing, there is a ton of speculation

2)  I have no idea what point you're trying to make.  

12 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

1)  We don't know what MS is doing, there is a ton of speculation

2)  I have no idea what point you're trying to make.  

Tons of speculation, lots of leaks, but we know something is up and more games are getting ported.

The point I was making is that people are justified to freak out a bit over Starfield getting ported, if it (and Bestheda exclusives in general) factored into which console they bought.  On some level, they did get duped.

I don't feel duped in buying any console. When Starfield goes to Sony that means more people get to see how mediocre Bethesda has become lol. 

I'm hoping I can be part of the Master race next gen with a Switch 2. That will be phenomenal. 

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I don't feel duped in buying any console. When Starfield goes to Sony that means more people get to see how mediocre Bethesda has become lol. 

Did you buy a Series X because you expected Bethesda games to not to come to PS5?  Some people clearly put a lot more stock and weight into that than others.  

I’ve heard others say they don’t care when it’s still cheaper on Xbox with Games Pass.  Or who don’t care about Sony’s games at all.

Did you buy a Series X because you expected Bethesda games to not to come to PS5?  Some people put a lot more stock and weight into that than others.  

I’ve heard others say they don’t care when it’s still cheaper on Xbox with Games Pass.  Or who don’t care about Sony’s games at all.

Yea, I bought an XSX for the exclusives but I'm not upset with this news. I'm a big boy. 

I bought a Series X because it can play things like SSX3 and Panzer Dragoon Orta.  My only fear with something like this is what will happen to the support of these classic games.  I can count the number of new releases I've bought and played since these consoles launched on one hand, but losing access to these kinds of games with no other alternative to preserve or play them is a depressing proposition to me.  If MS can somehow preserve these games and users' digital libraries, then I don't care about whatever change in strategy they're moving forward with.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I bought a Series X because it can play things like SSX3 and Panzer Dragoon Orta.  My only fear with something like this is what will happen to the support of these classic games.  I can count the number of new releases I've bought and played since these consoles launched on one hand, but losing access to these kinds of games with no other alternative to preserve or play them is a depressing proposition to me.  If MS can somehow preserve these games and users' digital libraries, then I don't care about whatever change in strategy they're moving forward with.

If they go all digital with no optional disc drive as Sony did, I may actually buy a series X just for what you mentioned. It is a legitimately cool feature.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I bought an XSX for the exclusives but I'm not upset with this news. I'm a big boy. 

How are you feeling about the prospects of buying an Xbox next-gen then?  Do you need another hook?

Its probably a better question after Phil speaks.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

If they go all digital with no optional disc drive as Sony did, I may actually buy a series X just for what you mentioned. It is a legitimately cool feature.

For those particular games you don't need a disc drive, they sell them digitally

WWW.XBOX.COM

You are Orta, a new and shining hope. Upon a fearsome dragon you must fight to save the world from total destruction.

20 minutes ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I really hope they can extend some of their bc work to PC someday, although they might not see the worth.  I’d love an official Xbox 1/360 emulator on the backend.

• Halal 2

4 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

How are you feeling about the prospects of buying an Xbox next-gen then?  Do you need another hook?

Its probably a better question after Phil speaks.

As I said above, I'm hoping to only having to own PC and a Switch 2 next gen. I won't buy a Xbox console if one is even available. If Sony goes day 1 on pc then I won't buy a PS6 either. 

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Along with quick resume, it's the best Xbox console feature from my perspective.  There are some incredible original Xbox games that have been enhanced and play incredibly well on the new systems.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

As I said above, I'm hoping to only having to own PC and a Switch 2 next gen. I won't buy a Xbox console if one is even available. If Sony goes day 1 on pc then I won't buy a PS6 either. 

I hope to do the same, but will gladly wait for Sony exclusives.  Don’t think they’ll be changing their porting strategy any time soon.

The main reason I own a PS5 this gen is because of how PC costs spiraled.

I hope to do the same, but will gladly wait for Sony exclusives.  Don’t think they’ll be changing their porting strategy any time soon.

The main reason I own a PS5 this gen is because of how PC costs spiraled.

Yea. If there isn't day one pc releases then unfortunately I'll buy a PS6 because I want the exclusives day one.