~*Xbox In Crisis: The Official Thread*~ - update: "New Platforms, New Players: Four Fan-Favorite Xbox Games Coming to Nintendo Switch and Sony Platforms"

XBOXERA.COM

For many weeks now, rumours have persisted regarding Microsoft’s intentions to release a number of 1st party games – namely Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves

According to sources, we understand that currently Microsoft are planning a launch for Starfield on PlayStation 5 post the release of the already announced “Shattered Space” expansion for Xbox and PC, which is on target to arrive at some point later this year. We’ve also been informed that Microsoft have made additional investment into PlayStation 5 dev kits to support ongoing development efforts – adding further fuel to the fire.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Report: MS planning Starfield launch for PS5

Corroborated by Nate the Hate:

This report is accurate -- Starfield will land on PlayStation. 

I've heard similar but opted to wait on reporting this information until the PS5 release timeline was finalized. 

As the report states, the PS5 release will come after the arrival of the expansion DLC on Xbox/PC.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Report: MS planning Starfield launch for PS5 after release of "Shattered Space" expansion
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Xbox is apparently moving away from exclusives, with Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, and more said to go multiplatform.

Xbox is reportedly planning to announce a huge change in strategy, launching more of its games on rival platforms. This comes amid growing evidence that Hi-Fi Rush will get ported to both PlayStation and Switch, giving many more players access to one of the most critically acclaimed Xbox exclusives of this generation.

Multiple sources say that Xbox director Sarah Bond will unveil the new strategy this Spring, while also explaining the reasoning behind it. So far, the possibility of Xbox making more games multiplatform has proven controversial, with fans typically frustrated due to brand loyalty, or a feeling of being misled about their Xbox console purchase.

These latest rumours come from Xbox reporter Idle Sloth, who says that Sarah Bond will address the community soon. It's said that Bond will go over "Xbox's strategy regarding Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, and other games going multi-platform."

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Pretty much my plan... Guess I'll be a PC gamer for the rest of my life.

PC handhelds are a big reason why I am slowly moving towards PC being my main. If Sony starts to do Day 1 on PC too, then it makes even easier to be Nintendo and PC only .

I'm good with all games on all platforms, but of course, this will not happen so I guess this is the official beginning of the end for Xbox the hardware platform. Works for me! As long as Xbox IPs can be played on some fairly equal or better platform, with an Xbox controller as an option,  I'll shed no tears. 

• True 1

WWW.THEVERGE.COM

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle could arrive on PS5 months after the Xbox launch.

Bethesda’s upcoming Indiana Jones game is also tentatively set to launch on Sony’s PlayStation 5 console. We got our first glimpse of Indiana Jones and the Great Circle during Microsoft’s Xbox Developer Direct event last month, where it was announced for Xbox and PC. A source familiar with Microsoft’s plans tells The Verge that Bethesda is also considering bringing Indiana Jones and the Great Circle to PS5.

A new multi-platform approach for certain Xbox games is emerging inside Microsoft, we’re told, with the company weighing up which titles will remain exclusive and others that will appear on Switch or PS5 in the future. Indiana Jones appears to be part of this new wave of multi-platform games.

While Bethesda will launch its Indiana Jones game first as an Xbox console exclusive, it’s currently set to have a rather short period of exclusivity we’re told. A release for PS5 is being considered for some months later, with Bethesda tentatively targeting a December 2024 launch for the Xbox and PC versions.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Reports: MS planning Starfield and Indiana Jones launches for PS5
3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Maybe MS will leave the console business and stick to software 

I would imagine they would like this outcome as well, but will likely stay in the peripherals market if they can virtualize the Xbox brand.  

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've been gaming long enough to know that Sony and Nintendo being the only players in the console space would NOT be a good thing for gamers and consumers.

Valve has to retry the whole console thing. There's already a burgeoning market of these mini $3-400 micro PCs with specs similar to the Deck and other handheld PCs.

From VGC's Andy Robinson:

I guess in this model, full-price PS5 sales could end up part-funding Game Pass. It feels like a huge bet, especially considering how Xbox has conditioned its own audience, but the current console strategy isn't working & it's spent too much on M&A to limit future audiences

From Arthur Gies:

I think the Xbox leaks happening right now are a sign of a borderline war about this strategy internally and that one way or another somebody is going to get pushed out.

37 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Maybe MS will leave the console business and stick to software 

How about third-party Xbox consoles?

DSbIcbZ.png

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I wish Nintendo and Microsoft just went the software route. Then I'd get a PlayStation 6 and a PC next gen.

If Sony starts going day1 on pc then you can go Nintendo whatever and a pc - this could actually happen by next gen, Nintendo releasing off their own platform is much much much less likely.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Going to Sony would be dumb, all the third parties should fund an independent Linux platform that anyone (Sony/Panasonic/etc) can manufacture that they have a direct vote in controlling and refuse to release on PlayStation to kill it. Then they'd have a unified format and we'd have more console options in a way. 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Holy… Resetera already has Xbox in a body bag. 54 page thread of speculation and counting, it’s in hyper mode over there! 

It’s the opposite of 2020 when they bought Bethesda, and we had people predicting constant first party games and 50 million people on game pass for the ultimate winning generation.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

lolllll they are so happy rn

bro, I could pay off the student debt of everyone in America for the number of people who are banned from Threads, who opposed the Activision acquisition. There’s a lot of support there for buying everything just so you could have more games on game pass. 

And I won’t lie, there’s some major schadenfreude going on right now.

• Hugs 1