Who should Marvel recast as Kang?

9 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

I want them to scrap this whole Kang thing and move on to another villain. He's been a huge flop as a "big bad" imo.

Even without the drama behind the actor, I had zero hype for Kang the Conqueror. He got his ass beat in Quantumania, so I guess we're supposed to be excited to watch that happen XX amount more times.

Besides, with how Loki S2 ended, they have a perfect escape card from that storyline.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

I just spent the last 15 minutes or so trying to catch up on who Kang is in the comics, his powers, variants and such. Honestly don’t think I have the energy for this anymore. It’s too complicated and I just don’t find it that interesting. It’s cool Marvel can translate the multiverse concept of comic books to movies, but i just can’t seem to find the excitement in it.

45 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I just spent the last 15 minutes or so trying to catch up on who Kang is in the comics, his powers, variants and such. Honestly don’t think I have the energy for this anymore. It’s too complicated and I just don’t find it that interesting. It’s cool Marvel can translate the multiverse concept of comic books to movies, but i just can’t seem to find the excitement in it.

They really should've just went to Galactus or something. Kang has always felt "meh" to me, but I'm not the biggest comic person so :p 

WWW.THEONION.COM

LOS ANGELES—Just hours after Marvel announced they dropped the newly disgraced actor from all upcoming projects, DC Studios confirmed Tuesday it had signed Jonathan Majors to a $20 million contract. “We are so excited to welcome Jonathan Majors to the DC universe, and we can’t wait to see him act alongside our best…

• Haha 3

While I know this isn’t what will happen, I honesty think that unless the new Kang movies are shaping up to be real home runs, Disney should move on. Give time for Marvel to breathe, build up some hype for the next big thing, and make sure it’s really good. With the rights to all the formerly Fox characters, they have so much they could do, and it’s so important they get it right. There is still enough non-Kang related Marvel content in the works that it’s not like they’d be on a complete hiatus. 

Assuming they do re-cast him, I think they have a lot of latitude. If I’m not mistaken, he’s not always a black man in the comics. They don’t need to do a Terrance Howard situation and drop in a replacement with hardly a nod. They could cast anyone as Kang and find a way to make it work. Whoever they find, they also don’t need to emulate Majors’ version of Kang. I don’t really know what the character is like outside of what the MCU has given us, but it’s not like the multiverse limits them. I was about to start a list of exciting actors, but basically anyone could potentially fit into the role.

I also think it’s kind of an interesting situation here in that they could potentially bring in a big name that might not want to agree to do Marvel stuff forever. I’m sure plenty of A-list actors don’t want to sign up for an endless Marvel run, but with a headlining role in just the biggest movies on Marvel’s calendar, that might be a more attractive opportunity for someone notable. Which isn’t to say that Marvel doesn’t already get plenty of top tier talent, but the nature of this role offers a unique chance.

Whoever they find, I just hope they make the character as interesting as Majors did. Doesn’t seem like he’s the best dude, but I enjoyed his Kang. Watching anyone just try to step into that role instead of making it their own would be a real disappointment.

• True 2

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:
WWW.THEONION.COM

LOS ANGELES—Just hours after Marvel announced they dropped the newly disgraced actor from all upcoming projects, DC Studios confirmed Tuesday it had signed Jonathan Majors to a $20 million contract. “We are so excited to welcome Jonathan Majors to the DC universe, and we can’t wait to see him act alongside our best…

Good lord I actually believed it for a minute.

• Haha 1
  • True 2

7 hours ago, TwinIon said:

If I’m not mistaken, he’s not always a black man in the comics.

In Loki one of the Kang variants we see (at the end of season 1 IIRC) is an alien with tentacles on his face. They can cast literally whomever the want in the role without having to further justify it going just off what they've already shown us on-screen in the MCU.

• Like 1

I thought they kind of ended the Kang storyline very nicely (for now) in the Loki finale. I say move on and setup the X-Men. Cancel big Kang movie and setup an X-Men Vs The Avengers movie instead. Stark makes cameo and admits it was part of the problem in bringing so many people back after the snap. Also admits deep down he also wish there were more of them protectors of humanity, caused power/mutations gene when he snapped them back. Also like his Ultron creation, he warns that not all these people will answer the call to protect and use powers for good.

If they did this, we could easily get a Man-Spider storyline down the line.