Florida bans AP Psychology classes statewide as they contain content relating to sexuality and gender

2 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

its going to be fun when

1. all the teachers leave (which is what they want)

2. people get denied job opportunities due to florida "education"  

I can confirm 1 is happening, HS friend and her husband, both teachers moved back to NY for this reason. 

59 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Florida is going to produce some dumb graduates

70464695007-20230510-school-classroom-en
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Florida schools approved use of PragerU curriculum days after the state Department of Education released new, controversial Black history standards.

Red states already are

Let their best and brightest come to us 

the chud worldview is doomed to failure 

to paraphrase Babylon 5

they are a dying people, we should let them pass.

Add this question to the SAT and make it worth half the points:

Q: What would be considered a violation of free speech?

1) A government body broadly disallowing factual academic speech state wide

2) Getting banned on a private social media platform for making too many anti semantic remarks 

3) It depends 

Option 3 is just a trick and also fails you.

• Haha 3
  • True 1
  • Hype 1

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

Add this question to the SAT and make it worth half the points:

Q: What would be considered a violation of free speech?

1) A government body broadly disallowing factual academic speech state wide

2) Getting banned on a private social media platform for making too many anti semantic remarks 

3) It depends 

Option 3 is just a trick and also fails you.

I can say whatever I want and if you insult me over you're violating my fredum of speches!

• Hype 1

Oh, so it’s just random wishy washy rules they can make verbal exceptions to without actually modifying the language of the original guidance. That makes sense, so they can walk the thin line between brainwashing and completely removing any higher educational chances for the students. 

• True 2

Up until this fiasco I don't think the average Floridian was even aware that Don't Say Gay/Trans had been expanded to all grade levels. It was easier to sell the public on not teaching younger children about sexuality but most people would find banning any mention of sexuality and gender in even a senior level class to be way too extreme.

• True 1

d2dbf6da-99d9-4aae-b3bf-3a04bf05fcd8-IMG
WWW.JACKSONVILLE.COM

The Florida Department of Education said districts could teach AP Psychology. But is that true, under Florida law?

While districts are being told they can teach AP Psychology it must be done in a way that is “age appropriate”, however what is age appropriate or isn’t is not clearly defined. Teachers are worried they could still be considered breaking the law by teaching the course in full.

5 hours ago, Kamusha said:
d2dbf6da-99d9-4aae-b3bf-3a04bf05fcd8-IMG
WWW.JACKSONVILLE.COM

The Florida Department of Education said districts could teach AP Psychology. But is that true, under Florida law?

While districts are being told they can teach AP Psychology it must be done in a way that is “age appropriate”, however what is age appropriate or isn’t is not clearly defined. Teachers are worried they could still be considered breaking the law by teaching the course in full.

I would certainly be worried teaching that class since the way it will be decided if it’s breaking the law or not will be off of feels and if you happen to rub a parent the wrong way or not.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I would certainly be worried teaching that class since the way it will be decided if it’s breaking the law or not will be off of feels and if you happen to rub a parent the wrong way or not.

That’s the point tho

giving chuds plausible deniability while effector ending the thing they hate

On 8/4/2023 at 1:33 AM, finaljedi said:

Florida is going to produce some dumb graduates

70464695007-20230510-school-classroom-en
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Florida schools approved use of PragerU curriculum days after the state Department of Education released new, controversial Black history standards.

Which includes an animated Frederick Douglass telling kids that slavery was a compromise for the good of the country.

180703-frederick-douglass-se-448p-716483
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

PragerU, a right-wing advocacy group, has made its way into the classroom with kids' videos deemed “misleading.”