Prime Day hauls

Spork3245

I thought I’d look for a ssd upgrade fort the asus ally and 2230 drives are more expensive than I thought I guess because of less demand.

I did find this:

https://www.amazon.com/Addlink-Performance-Gen4x4-Compatible-Surface/dp/B0C27HY1QM/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=1C2FDCMR8YNEK&keywords=2230+ssd+2tb&qid=1689123081&sprefix=2230%2Caps%2C924&sr=8-7&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Anyone know if this is about as cheap as it’ll get for a 2tb 2230 ssd?

2 hours ago, stepee said:

I thought I’d look for a ssd upgrade fort the asus ally and 2230 drives are more expensive than I thought I guess because of less demand.

I did find this:

https://www.amazon.com/Addlink-Performance-Gen4x4-Compatible-Surface/dp/B0C27HY1QM/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?crid=1C2FDCMR8YNEK&keywords=2230+ssd+2tb&qid=1689123081&sprefix=2230%2Caps%2C924&sr=8-7&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

Anyone know if this is about as cheap as it’ll get for a 2tb 2230 ssd?

They're advertising as being $189 and its cheapest price in 30 days. Was it saying that before for you?

2 minutes ago, Nokra said:

They're advertising as being $189 and its cheapest price in 30 days. Was it saying that before for you?

Idk it’s the first time I’ve looked :P

Im assuming it is legit for that one, but I just don’t know if other ones regularly get discounts or not

I ended up picking up a couple random movies too:

- Parasite (4k)

- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

- To Kill a Mockingbird 60th Anniversary Edition (4k :lol:)

I then also got my sister a couple DVD box sets of shows she watched a ton while we were growing up, for the nostalgia, and she only has a DVD player: 

- Friends: The Complete Series (DVD)

- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: The Complete Series (DVD)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

lol @ 4k mockingbird - so they actually remaster movies that old from the original source or do they just upscale?

Yeah it made me laugh too. I haven't seen the movie in ages (high school?) so we'll see if it holds up, but I reread the book just a couple years ago and loved it.

Here's the Amazon product page if you want to look; I couldn't Ctrl+F "remaster" on the page but maybe I'm missing something. This black and white movie is in HDR! :daydream:

• Shocked 1

Okay, I lied. There was some stuff I needed. Got a weighted blanket. Been wanting to try one for a while and I’m ready to get rid of our comforter. It’s looking rough. Also got a new set of sheets for the guest room. Others were old and I’ve been sleeping down there some since our differing sleep schedules and my snoring disrupt him on nights we don’t go to bed together. It’s also my library, so I don’t mind it. :p 
Ordered a Trtl travel pillow because I’m gonna need something for my neck on this flight to Japan. 

Got a bag of dog treats for half off, some face wash, and Crème Savers. 

• Halal 1

I also partook in the 4TB WD SSD deal. When I bought a 4080 I lost access to the second PCIe slot that I was using for a third NVME drive.

I'm also looking for a new microwave. Kinda looking at those combination convection microwaves so I can ditch my old toaster oven as well, but not sure if they're worth it.

I got a 2TB WD SN850x drive, 64Gb Ram, laptop cooler and Logitech G502x mouse for my new laptop that hasnt even arrived yet. lol

got some additional ring contact sensors for my home alarm system. 

oh and I got a new garbage pail for the kitchen. wife is super excited about that. 

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Is New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe worth $20?  Target's got a promo running this week.

I have the Wii U version of Mario U (not Luigi), but the resolution bump and QoL improvements for young kids has me intrigued.

It’s worth it’s for Luigi alone so yes.

• Halal 1

34 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I was eyeing an espresso machine but eh it’s such a luxury item I think I’m gonna pass. 

It depends on the coffee drinking habits in your household.  My wife was getting 3-4 Starbucks drinks a week.

I bought a refurbished machine 7 years ago (and it's only needed minor servicing).  It's paid for itself several times over.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

It depends on the coffee drinking habits in your household.  My wife was getting 3-4 Starbucks drinks a week.

I bought a refurbished machine 7 years ago (and it's only needed minor servicing).  It's paid for itself several times over.

I only get a coffee (typically a latte) outside the house maybe 1-2 times a month. We have a nice pour over setup but there are certainly many times I’d prefer just a shot of espresso prepared in some way. 

When I was living in Germany, I'd get coffee out maybe three or four times per week because cafe culture was a big deal. Back in the US now, I almost never buy coffee out, but when I do I always prefer espresso drinks (latte, cappuccino, etc.) over drip. I've been kinda tempted by some of the espresso machines too, but $500+ is a fair amount to drop on beverages. :p

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I need to do this for my wife. she gets 3-4 starbucks a day! and she wonders where her paycheck goes. lmao. I dont know how shes so skinny - she lives on caramel macchiatos, lucky charms and chex mix. thats it. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s worth it’s for Luigi alone so yes.

I went for it.  Had a $20 gift card from another Target promotion, so I used that and paid ~$1.50.

I dropped a cool $650 on prime day on baby proofing and other infant supplies.  Feels about right for my priorities right now.  Bezos wins though.

• Like 2

Managed for the first time since "Prime Days" started to not buy a single thing electronic even holding off on the gen 4 Samsung M.e NvME 4tb drive I've been wanting since I bought the PS5. That's actually a HUGE deal for me. I did but a medium sized tiller for my 3 Acres of grass I have on the property. This will make tilling dead patched and reseeding so much easier every spring. It was $190 off 469.99. Just something I have really been needing, other than that I even managed to spend just 11 bucks during the Steam Sale.

Scary thing is how I will subconsciously make up for all this "Non-spending" in the VERY near future I'm sure of it! 

• Sicko 1