What games would you like to see be remade, remastered and/or continued?

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance could start with a prequel focusing on Jetstream Sam called Metal Gear Rising Prevengeance and then a VR remake that stays third person except you go first person to cut someone up and call it Metal Gear Rising ReVRengeance!

Steel Battalion Line of Contact give me a remake with the controller I need more of that in my life.

Vagrant Story prequel with Sydney as the main character.

TwoHuman.

• Like 1

I’d love to see a 3D Bomberman not stuck on a grid again.

Skies of Arcadia sequel.

It’s announced, but I still want to see Playtonic take a second crack at Yooka in 3D after redeeming themselves with Impossible Lair.

It’ll never happen, but Vicarious Visions brought back for a new Tony Hawk.

Ogre Battle in the old pseudo RTS style.  It’s so dead right now.

Even deader… a modern continuation of the Soul Blazer trilogy.

• Like 1

Pretty much no game. It would be nice to play RDR in the RDR2 engine, but that's it. Not sure what games I want to continue either. Plenty of games series "ended" when I was in my final teenage years and now they have ceased to be ended and I feel they have diminished the series. They have made things lesser from their existence.

It’s a little wild to me that there isn’t a current gen remake/remaster/rerelease of the Metal Gear Solid series (1-4 specifically). If they want to do full remakes, I would love it, but I would also accept a bundle with just enough work done to make them playable on modern hardware. The HD versions of 2+3 were pulled from digital stores a year or two ago, 4 is only playable on PS3… it’s annoying. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s a little wild to me that there isn’t a current gen remake/remaster/rerelease of the Metal Gear Solid series (1-4 specifically). If they want to do full remakes, I would love it, but I would also accept a bundle with just enough work done to make them playable on modern hardware. The HD versions of 2+3 were pulled from digital stores a year or two ago, 4 is only playable on PS3… it’s annoying. 

Rumor is MGS Remake is going to be announced at Sony’s event as an exclusive 

9 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I’d love to see a 3D Bomberman not stuck on a grid again.

Ogre Battle in the old pseudo RTS style.  It’s so dead right now.

Even deader… a modern continuation of the Soul Blazer trilogy.

I'd also like some remasters of old RTS games like the C&C collection.

A FFVI prequel set during the War of the Magi, either JRPG or Ogre Battle style, both would be better.

I had given up on Katamari remasters to the point or replaying the originals of We Love Katamari and Katamari Forever but now that We Love Katamari is coming I hope they take as many years before announcing more.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, dualhunter said:

I'd also like some remasters of old RTS games like the C&C collection.

A FFVI prequel set during the War of the Magi, either JRPG or Ogre Battle style, both would be better.

I had given up on Katamari remasters to the point or replaying the originals of We Love Katamari and Katamari Forever but now that We Love Katamari is coming I hope they take as many years before announcing more.

Damnit FFVI prequel isn't something I knew I wanted till just now :cry:

Kid Icarus with normal controls would be one for me. I’d like a 3D Sonic All-Stars with all the 3D mainline games in 4k/60 up until Sonic Forces. Maybe fix some really broken stuff and use the fan mod for help to make Sonic 2006 playable.

Yeah I'd die for a Skies of Arcadia sequel.

As for remakes... mine's a little complicated.

I love the Trails series. You know, The Legend of Heroes. But there's so many games spread out over such a long period of time that it can be extremely daunting to get into the series, as it tells a sequential story that despite the games releasing over like the course of 2 decades, only a few years have passed in-game, all with many of the same characters and 100% with the same locations (each set of games covers a unique location, but older ones are often revisited and are constantly mentioned) it's a loooot to take in. None of this is helped by the fact that the games can be super long. Some of them can take me upwards over 120 hours. Part of the problem is that a large chunk of the appeal are the time-consuming facts. Things like NPCs getting updated dialogue almost every time even a minor even in the story takes place, sometimes with hidden side quests to boot. The newer games have been a lot better about telegraphing things so it's less frustrating, but they still feel bloated.

Here's what I'd want:

1. Condense the current Trilogy-Duology-Quadrilogy (Quintology? The newest US release is like a bridge game between the current series to the next) into... less. You could probably squish the original Trilogy into 2 games. Couldn't really get away with just one because the third game is pretty different. The duology could easily be mushed into a single game, and the big ol' bloated Cold Steel Quad/Quintology could also probably be squashed into maybe 2 games.

1a. And I don't just mean stitching them together. I mean rewritten scenarios, NPC dialogue, everything, to consolidate and condense. Sometimes the mid sections of these games can go on for far too long while not much is happening story-wise. I feel like most are very front or backloaded, so let's redistribute that weight evenly to keep the entire thing going smoothly. Could also do with removing weird formulaic shit that serves no real purpose. For example, Cold Steel games kept up this weird formula of a general little hub area and then a nearby big weird dungeon. It was cool and actually integral to the first game, but after that it legit felt like they just did it to keep the content and pipeline similar despite those "new" areas no longer being important. Could also do with reducing the amount of NPC updates, by reducing the amount of flags in the game. Sometimes it seems like literally every cutscene trigger is also a dialogue update trigger. While this is cool in a way, and honestly a big draw of the series (it makes the worlds feel so much more lived in and alive) that doesn't mean it's being done perfectly. I bet you could cut 60%+ of NPC dialogue and they'd all still have almost identical mini arcs and remarks on important story points, dramatically saving time without losing the soul of the games.

2. Do something to make there be less combat while making the combat more fun/integrated into story sections. The combat in these games is never bad, but it's also never anything special. Also because the game has a cadence of "lots of story -> lots of field exploration/combat -> repeat until end" it can make both sections start to wear on you because it feels like you're doing too much of one, then too much of the other. If the combat was more fun and was actually a part of the story instead of being apart from the story (save for dramatic combat scenes which actually aren't too common until late game) then I think the flow of each title would be so much better.

3. Drop the hidden quest bullshit altogether. Ditch the ranking system. The ranking system in these games grades you as you go along, and if you're not finding almost every hidden side quest and answering certain dialogue choices right, your grade won't hit the highest rank, meaning less rewards and when it's a set of games, less rewards to take into the next title. I think these kinds of things just suck shit for a long RPG. I know some people play long RPGs more than once, but I absofuckinglutely don't. Which means even as someone who never uses guides otherwise, for these I always have a spoiler-free rank guide so I don't miss out on ranking (which I care less about) but more importantly, side stories, which I REALLY care about, especially since some flesh out really important characters! I think secret side stuff is neat normally, but not when it's easily missable and you're double punished with less rewards and less story. Even just a "Hmm... I feel like we missed something" before an event trigger that closes off a side quest would be nice, but honestly I'd rather just have the content be there for me to easily find.

4. Here's a pipe dream: Voice act the whole damn thing! Falcom doesn't exactly have... money, though. So use some wacky ass AI voices! Equalize the playing field with technology! Honestly the games have so much text you can sometimes lose the thread when if your inner voice isn't helping spice up different characters with different voices.

5. A minor one but still: Normalize the fucking proportions of your characters! I swear each time they update the graphics half the women get cartoonish balloon tits. Or at least one character went from having boobs to being flat as a board...? It's weird.

I love these games, but I'd love a big project like this as well, and think it could get a lot more people onboard.

• Like 1
  • Sicko 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I would give my left testicle for a remake of the entire Rogue Squadron Trilogy in one game. Like not a repackage, but all the missions wrapped in a single, long ass campaign.

With the whole thing playable in both single player and co-op?

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also a TRUE remake of Secret of Mana done Final Fantasy 7 remake style.

Oh yes but if we get to do that I’m going to get super weird and I always wanted Kid Chameleon in 3D for some reason.

• Halal 1

Sony needs to

1. Make Jumping Flash VR
  2. Make a new PaRappa the Rapper. The biggest no brainer thing here is to make the base game, and continue on with DLC new songs like how Rock Band kept going.
  3. A new Ape Escape

If Sony announces all of these at the next Playstation Showcase I'll go out that day and buy a PS5.

• Halal 2

FUCK yeah at Ape Escape and Jumping Flash  not being on psvr already makes no fucking sense. Put all that ps1 shit on vr make it low budget, it’ll still be cool because vr. Jumping Flash, Jet Moto, Cool Borders, Warhawk, Twisted Metal, get Namco to bring Time Crisis and Ridge Racer and Point Blank. 

Huge missed opportunity if A Link to the Past doesn't get the Link's Awakening treatment.

7 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I would give my left testicle for a remake of the entire Rogue Squadron Trilogy in one game. Like not a repackage, but all the missions wrapped in a single, long ass campaign.

They can leave out those janky on foot missions in 3 though.

Actually I just want all Sega light gun games in VR too. Just do a collection of all of them besides the licensed ones if those are too hard. Put all the 3D ones in actual VR as that should be easy and the superscaler ones just make it a virtual cabinet. Then we can actually play those games proper again.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also it's way past time for a new Dino Crisis game. Did that series not do well or something? Why did Capcom let it die?

They are aware. When that exoprimal trailer came out everyone thought that one girl was a nod to Regina. She was also a character in that mobile puzzle fighter game they cancelled.

I would love for them to surprise us with a Dino Crisis remake, it's the best next step to take after the RE4 remake.

I am kind of surprised that Bethesda never did remakes of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3.  Feels like an easy decision especially as these releases can ease the wait for their next big project. Instead they poor resources into Fallout 76. 

55 minutes ago, Brian said:

I am kind of surprised that Bethesda never did remakes of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3.  Feels like an easy decision especially as these releases can ease the wait for their next big project. Instead they poor resources into Fallout 76. 

Those games are huge and have been modded to death on PC... really no need to remake them.