Clarence Thomas Is a Criminal Update: Clarence Thomas Secretly Participated in Koch Network Donor Events (22 September 2023)

I have a Nazi helmet that my grandfather had as a war trophy. I think it's a pretty interesting thing to have and I'm glad I do, but yeah, I didn't really seek it out and I also didn't pay for it and we're also Jewish, so you know.

I also keep it in a box in my basement and not out on display. (It's currently in a box in my parents attic actually, I forgot it ended up there)

5 minutes ago, ort said:

I have a Nazi helmet that my grandfather had as a war trophy. I think it's a pretty interesting thing to have and I'm glad I do, but yeah, I didn't really seek it out and I also didn't pay for it and we're also Jewish, so you know.

I also keep it in a box in my basement and not out on display.

Killing a nazi and earning the helmet as a trophy is a lot different than going out and purchasing one IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True 2

I have an M1 helmet from the Canadian military manufactured in the early 80s...and honestly even owning that makes me a bit uncomfortable. Only have it because of a big Nerf battle/fundraiser for charity we did years ago.

BYuZ3Ka.png

imo any items tied to historical atrocities should be in museums and nowhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
20230503-thomas-tuition-3x2_2023-05-03-2
WWW.PROPUBLICA.ORG

Crow paid for private school for a relative Thomas said he was raising “as a son.” “This is way outside the norm,” said a former White House ethics lawyer.

It’s just comical at this point. I feel Thomas must have a giant book on his desk just labeled “Bribes.”

• Guillotine 3
  • Haha 1

I am certain the actual truth is far more pathetic than bribes. The super wealthy are almost all lonely weirdos that end up in a lot of emotional isolation, and so they essentially buy friends with gift after gift after gift.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I am certain the actual truth is far more pathetic than bribes. The super wealthy are almost all lonely weirdos that end up in a lot of emotional isolation, and so they essentially buy friends with gift after gift after gift.

Can confirm. @sblfilms sends me flowers weekly

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I can confirm this as I have occasion to work with a few very rich folks and I have noted that they are often somewhere between Mr. Burns and Mr. Fischoeder in their demeanors. 

55 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

So much this 

I had a sugar momma in Marin for a bit, like a level of health I’ll never approach, when I first went to her, let’s call it domicile, I knew I didn’t belong there.

I got so much shit outta her, ever been to a restaurant and told to pick a bottle of wine that costs more than you make in a check?

She was also more clingy than a 19 yo and legit at 3 months was saying crazy shit. My only real interaction with extreme wealth and I’ll pass in the future. 

2 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

So much this 

I had a sugar momma in Marin for a bit, like a level of health I’ll never approach, when I first went to her, let’s call it domicile, I knew I didn’t belong there.

I got so much shit outta her, ever been to a restaurant and told to pick a bottle of wine that costs more than you make in a check?

She was also more clingy than a 19 yo and legit at 3 months was saying crazy shit. My only real interaction with extreme wealth and I’ll pass in the future. 

Listen, I need a sugar momma for a bit. I only need one piano!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:
20230503-thomas-tuition-3x2_2023-05-03-2
WWW.PROPUBLICA.ORG

Crow paid for private school for a relative Thomas said he was raising “as a son.” “This is way outside the norm,” said a former White House ethics lawyer.

It’s just comical at this point. I feel Thomas must have a giant book on his desk just labeled “Bribes.”

At this point, I’ve got to tip my cap to Clarence. He’s arguably the smartest Supreme Court Justice. He’s certainly not the first, but probably the most public Justice to just flat out flaunt that nothing matters. You can literally do anything.

Impeachment? It will never happen. Ethics violation? You need ethical guidelines in the first place to violate them. Hell, called before Congress just to talk? Nope, John Roberts has recently said that breaks the separation of powers.

There is no check or balance for the Supreme Court of the United States. I’m honestly surprised we all were convinced for so long there was. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
230507092605-dick-durbin-050723.jpg?c=16
WWW.CNN.COM

Senate Judiciary Chair Dick Durbin said Sunday that "everything is on the table" as the panel scrutinizes new ethics concerns around Supreme...

A very stern letter and getting disinvited from the next cocaine orgy? 

• Like 1

Now that I am in a position where I have influence on multi-million dollar RFPs (e.g. right now we are ordering a new copier fleet for the school division for next year, and 2,500+ laptops, etc), my policy is this: I will not accept a single free item or meal from anyone in the education industry. No sports tickets, food baskets, or golf games. It's just basic integrity.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Now that I am in a position where I have influence on multi-million dollar RFPs (e.g. right now we are ordering a new copier fleet for the school division for next year, and 2,500+ laptops, etc), my policy is this: I will not accept a single free item or meal from anyone in the education industry. No sports tickets, food baskets, or golf games. It's just basic integrity.

I’m in the other side of the rfp process and I find a good way of doing bribes is if you already have your foot in the door for another part of the school system to just do a crazy good job on that piece.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m in the other side of the rfp process and I find a good way of doing bribes is if you already have your foot in the door for another part of the school system to just do a crazy good job on that piece.

sounds sus, like you're actually doing the job you got paid for? gtf outta here

• 1 month later...

Headline is Alito but it has Justice Handmaid too 

220623130059-samuel-alito-2021-file.jpg?
WWW.CNN.COM

Concerns about ethics and transparency at the Supreme Court have been reignited this week after Justice Samuel Alito acknowledged attending a luxury fishing trip on the private jet of a...

• Guillotine 1

• 3 weeks later...

Always fun to look at these articles then immediately reread the majority opinion in McDonnell v. United States

I’m sorry I forgot, the *unanimous* opinion of the court in that case

Where literally getting Rolex watches and thousands of dollars in cash is not corruption because setting up meetings and making phone calls for the person giving you money isn’t an “official act”

• 3 weeks later...