Clarence Thomas Is a Criminal Update: Clarence Thomas Secretly Participated in Koch Network Donor Events (22 September 2023)

We already knew he was a vile piece of garbage, but now we know for sure he is a criminal too:

20230405_SCOTUS_ClarenceThomas_Promo.jpg
WWW.PROPUBLICA.ORG

Island-hopping on a superyacht. Private jet rides around the world. The undisclosed gifts to Thomas have no known precedent in the modern history of the Supreme...

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

No precedent = no crime

And I'm going to ask the obvious question: is this a convention that they can't be bribed, or an actual law? Because unless it's the latter, it won't matter.

It won’t matter regardless, the only way to actually punish him is through impeachment and that won’t go anywhere

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It won’t matter regardless, the only way to actually punish him is through impeachment and that won’t go anywhere

What happens if a SCOTUS judge is imprisoned due to a big crime (murder caught on tape, etc) but their party won't impeach/remove them? Could they continue to cast votes from their cell? 

30 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What happens if a SCOTUS judge is imprisoned due to a big crime (murder caught on tape, etc) but their party won't impeach/remove them? Could they continue to cast votes from their cell? 

Sure why not. That would be uncharted territory

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

The only people who've ever been convicted by the Senate after impeachment have been Judges who refused to resign in prison. I think those Judges were isolated so didn't have any power. SCOTUS though, no idea. 

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

No precedent = no crime

And I'm going to ask the obvious question: is this a convention that they can't be bribed, or an actual law? Because unless it's the latter, it won't matter.

As far as I can tell, the only crime that ProPublica is accusing him of is failure to disclose gifts. The law does seem to pretty clearly indicate what parts of these trips do and do not need to be disclosed.

Looking at the law that outlines the penalties for this says that a failure to report required information shall result in a fine.

Of course, the court itself could review this under their own ethics policy, but I imagine we all know how far that is likely to go.

10 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

As far as I can tell, the only crime that ProPublica is accusing him of is failure to disclose gifts. The law does seem to pretty clearly indicate what parts of these trips do and do not need to be disclosed.

Looking at the law that outlines the penalties for this says that a failure to report required information shall result in a fine.

Of course, the court itself could review this under their own ethics policy, but I imagine we all know how far that is likely to go.

After reading this, clearly the fines are worth it.

9 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

We are ultimately winging this so sure. Nothing matters let him vote from his cell that just so happens to be his house.

I think social media and the success of Trump has taught them they need not be discreet with their corruption anymore… once you “cross lines” everywhere it just becomes normalized….   its like fighting a battle with strict Rules of Engagement while the other side can plunder and murder indiscriminately..   they will not get what they deserve..

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

I think social media and the success of Trump has taught them they need not be discreet with their corruption anymore… once you “cross lines” everywhere it just becomes normalized….   its like fighting a battle with strict Rules of Engagement while the other side can plunder and murder indiscriminately..   they will not get what they deserve..

Yep. "Scandals" are only scandals because they are unexpected and outside the bounds of normal decorum. If you do it all the time, it's not a scandal, it's just behavior.

• True 1

Hey @Joe this guy gave to your boy from NJ too.

According to federal campaign finance data, the Texas billionaire has given $16,800 to Rep. Josh Gottheimer of New Jersey since 2018, contributing thousands as recently as October 2022.

Gottheimer, a member of the so-called "Unbreakable Nine" of moderate Democrats who insisted on de-linking Build Back Better from the infrastructure bill, has at times been a thorn in the side of his party as well.

20230405_SCOTUS_ClarenceThomas_03.jpg

Crow’s private lakeside resort, Camp Topridge, sits in a remote corner of the Adirondacks in upstate New York. Closed off from the public by ornate wooden gates, the 105-acre property, once the summer retreat of the same heiress who built Mar-a-Lago, features an artificial waterfall and a great hall where Crow’s guests are served meals prepared by private chefs. Inside, there’s clear evidence of Crow and Thomas’ relationship: a painting of the two men at the resort, sitting outdoors smoking cigars alongside conservative political operatives. A statue of a Native American man, arms outstretched, stands at the center of the image, which is photographic in its clarity.

The painting captures a scene from around five years ago, said Sharif Tarabay, the artist who was commissioned by Crow to paint it. Thomas has been vacationing at Topridge virtually every summer for more than two decades, according to interviews with more than a dozen visitors and former resort staff, as well as records obtained by ProPublica. He has fished with a guide hired by Crow and danced at concerts put on by musicians Crow brought in. Thomas has slept at perhaps the resort’s most elegant accommodation, an opulent lodge overhanging Upper St. Regis Lake.

DAILYMONTANAN.COM

An investigative report shows that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas took thousands of dollars worth of trips that he didn't disclose.

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, ort said:

Crow’s private lakeside resort, Camp Topridge, sits in a remote corner of the Adirondacks in upstate New York. Closed off from the public by ornate wooden gates, the 105-acre property, once the summer retreat of the same heiress who built Mar-a-Lago, features an artificial waterfall and a great hall where Crow’s guests are served meals prepared by private chefs. Inside, there’s clear evidence of Crow and Thomas’ relationship: a painting of the two men at the resort, sitting outdoors smoking cigars alongside conservative political operatives. A statue of a Native American man, arms outstretched, stands at the center of the image, which is photographic in its clarity.

The painting captures a scene from around five years ago, said Sharif Tarabay, the artist who was commissioned by Crow to paint it. Thomas has been vacationing at Topridge virtually every summer for more than two decades, according to interviews with more than a dozen visitors and former resort staff, as well as records obtained by ProPublica. He has fished with a guide hired by Crow and danced at concerts put on by musicians Crow brought in. Thomas has slept at perhaps the resort’s most elegant accommodation, an opulent lodge overhanging Upper St. Regis Lake.

DAILYMONTANAN.COM

An investigative report shows that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas took thousands of dollars worth of trips that he didn't disclose.

How often do you think each of these guys says/thinks "I have a black friend so I'm not racist"?

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

How often do you think each of these guys says/thinks "I have a black friend so I'm not racist"?

100% of the time the thought can be brought up.

What's crazy is like it's clearly blatant coruption and they legatimately don't care. They might as well tell us to "Let them eat cake" and I don't think she (Marie) actually ever said that.