Chips and dips?

Derek

What chips and/or dips do you enjoy?

This month, I've been craving Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream. I usually eat them plain, but will dip them in whatever dip is in the house, usually French Onion or Garlic Hummus. We just got a Tzatziki dip and it was delicious. I used it on pretzels, chips and just plain Ritz crackers. Wonderful!

8 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I don't like dipping potato chips in anything. 

Never met a pair of chips and salsa that I couldn't house down the ol' gullet before, though.

Yea, I don't get people that dip lays (which is a garbage chip but that's another topic) into dip of any kind.

9 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

I don’t understand how lays exists. Why pay more when they are the exact same as no name.

I think it's a national brand and I would wager a lot of places don't have local chips that are far superior. 

Not sure if you can get Better Made at shitty stores in AlatuckDakoska but buying Lays here is a crime. 

bmlogo.png
BETTERMADE.COM

Michigan's favorite snack brand for over 90 years! We started with the mission to make a better potato chip and have grown to be the snack food company that Michiganders reach for to satisfy their snacking needs. Become part of the Better Made Family to help us crush cravings and support our local communities and workers.

15 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Better Made boyyyy. 

No Name is the store brand at one of the large grocery chains in Canada (Loblaws/No Frills), and up until recently their chips were $0.99 for a 7 oz. bag (or about US$0.75).

It's not that they're anything to write home about, it's just they are dirt cheap, and virtually indistinguishable from Lays.

No Name has a Cheddar and Bacon that just came out, and not bad. My go too is Ruffles Sour Cream and Bacon BUT I open the bag hours before I eat them because they taste better. They’re fucking amazing the next day because they absorb that flavouring. Ms. Vickie’s Sour Cream and Chili chips are a good kettle chip. Presidents Choice has a nice Tandoori Chicken ruffle chip for that exotic taste. 

Sweet Chile Heat Doritos are my fav for that variety of chip, along with a good coated BBQ bag (some go way too light on flavouring) 

also shout out to whoever made the Sour Cream and Sweet Onion chips I got while I was in New Orleans 10 years ago. 

as far as dips are concerned, Philadelphia Dill Pickle baby. 

I feel as though this video lends a whole hell of a lot to this thread:

Spoiler

Huge fan of nachos, oftentimes when I go to a new restaurant/pub, I'll specifically order their nachos to see how well the establishment is. That being said, some spicy or salt/vinegar pork rinds always hit the spot!

8 hours ago, SoberChef said:

I feel as though this video lends a whole hell of a lot to this thread:

Hide contents

Huge fan of nachos, oftentimes when I go to a new restaurant/pub, I'll specifically order their nachos to see how well the establishment is. That being said, some spicy or salt/vinegar pork rinds always hit the spot!

Nachos are one of my favorite things to eat. I'll down like 2 pounds of them after I run, or just for fun. 

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I will eat practically every chip known to humankind, but I absolutely refuse to compromise their taste by desecrating them with any type of "dip" or similar nonsense.

So you don't even eat something as simple as sports park stadium movie theater nachos? Just some liquid cheese product and tortilla chips.

23 hours ago, silentbob said:

No Name has a Cheddar and Bacon that just came out, and not bad. My go too is Ruffles Sour Cream and Bacon BUT I open the bag hours before I eat them because they taste better. They’re fucking amazing the next day because they absorb that flavouring. Ms. Vickie’s Sour Cream and Chili chips are a good kettle chip. Presidents Choice has a nice Tandoori Chicken ruffle chip for that exotic taste. 

Sweet Chile Heat Doritos are my fav for that variety of chip, along with a good coated BBQ bag (some go way too light on flavouring) 

also shout out to whoever made the Sour Cream and Sweet Onion chips I got while I was in New Orleans 10 years ago. 

as far as dips are concerned, Philadelphia Dill Pickle baby. 

Sour Cream and Bacon? Where the F*** do you find that? We only have Sour Cream and Onion that i've ever seen, otherwise i'd snatch that up in a second.

27 minutes ago, LionFranco said:

Sour Cream and Bacon? Where the F*** do you find that? We only have Sour Cream and Onion that i've ever seen, otherwise i'd snatch that up in a second.

spacer.png 

Maybe these are also a Canadian only flavour, like All Dressed and Ketchup? Help me my American friends. I actually have a bag of these ready to go for me tonight and I’ve had the bag open since yesterday. Like I said, they’re even better the day after bag has been opened flavour wise.