Super Mario Party - Launch Trailer

Pikachu

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 12:20 PM, TwinIon said:

After watching that I was concerned that I only saw joycons and not any pro controllers, and it turns out that this game doesn't support pro-controllers at all. So now it'll cost me another ~$70 in joycons that I wouldn't otherwise have a use for if I want to play 4 player.

This...makes me sad.  I don't want anymore Joycons.  I don't use the 2 I have.  I bought pro controllers for a reason.

This basically makes it a $130.00 game.  I have been looking forward to this for ages but now I may not buy it at all.

I'm seriously bummed.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

This...makes me sad.  I don't want anymore Joycons.  I don't use the 2 I have.  I bought pro controllers for a reason.

This basically makes it a $130.00 game.  I have been looking forward to this for ages but now I may not buy it at all.

I'm seriously bummed.

Yeah, same here. I'm trying to convince myself that I can buy the joycons and a grip and use that for other multiplayer games. Unfortunately there aren't many games that my friends would want to play, and I already have Gamecube controllers for smash bros.

On 9/20/2018 at 11:20 AM, TwinIon said:

After watching that I was concerned that I only saw joycons and not any pro controllers, and it turns out that this game doesn't support pro-controllers at all. So now it'll cost me another ~$70 in joycons that I wouldn't otherwise have a use for if I want to play 4 player.

Lol fucking Nintendo.

Can’t get out of its own way. 

• Guillotine 1

5 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Lol fucking Nintendo.

Can’t get out of its own way. 

You say that like it’s a bad thing in this games case. This game is meant more as a tabletop multiplayer game (think board game), through the use of one joycon per player. Not to mention the games that use multiple switch screens. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

You say that like it’s a bad thing in this games case. This game is meant more as a tabletop multiplayer game (think board game), through the use of one joycon per player. Not to mention the games that use multiple switch screens. 

Requiring a specific controller type when you offer several and they’re all expensive as hell? 

Yeah, it’s a bad thing. It’s great the game is trying some unique stuff, but they can easily detect controller types and cut out any games that would be incompatible. It’s not like they require two switches to play the game simply because there are mini games that can use them. 

This is bad and stupid, hands down. 

Game went from “maybe I’ll buy this because my wife and I could play it together” to “nope.”

• Guillotine 1

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Requiring a specific controller type when you offer several and they’re all expensive as hell? 

Yeah, it’s a bad thing. It’s great the game is trying some unique stuff, but they can easily detect controller types and cut out any games that would be incompatible. It’s not like they require two switches to play the game simply because there are mini games that can use them. 

This is bad and stupid, hands down. 

Game went from “maybe I’ll buy this because my wife and I could play it together” to “nope.”

We don’t agree often. But we do this time. 

19 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

Agree to disagree, I suppose.  It makes sense for trying to have a specific vision. Not everything needs to be for everyone. We’re getting it for my daughter for Christmas (it’s on her list). 

These are vague statements that don’t really address the criticism. Nothing about allowing pro controllers to work takes away from the vision. 

And this game basucally markets itself as a game for everyone. That’s the whole point. 

• Guillotine 1

After watching the video I was very interested in buying this to play with my family over the Christmas break, but after reading your replies and realizing I would need to buy another $65 controller, I'm another person who will probably have to pass. :/ 

On 10/3/2018 at 10:41 AM, Slug said:

I'm seriously bummed.

I have a extra pair of grey joy-cons that I never use. If you want them to play this game with your family they are yours. 

On 9/20/2018 at 12:20 PM, TwinIon said:

Well fuck! Thanks for the warning :/ 

Online is a complete joke  Its mini games only, and theres only 10 mini games available at any given time.  I'm not sure how often they'll rotate them, but if you wanna do an online mario party night, just be prepared to play the same rotation of 10 mini games over and over and over and over again.  

Nintendo is a joke, they just started charging for online and this is the first big first party release they put out with online play....

Could easily allow online for all modes, Co-op especially.  If players drop out of the main mode before the games over just replace them with bots.  I really hope they patch all this.

• 2 years later...