Red Dead Redemption II | Official Thread of Shrinking Equine Testicles

Commissar SFLUFAN

3 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

dude.  Go buy a faster horse.  Can't bitch anymore here about fast travel if you didn't at least buy a faster horse!

So not having a fast horse means my fast travel complaints are null and void. Lmfao that’s a good one. 

52 minutes ago, johnny said:

So not having a fast horse means my fast travel complaints are null and void. Lmfao that’s a good one. 

53 minutes ago, johnny said:

I was kidding. But lessen the burden my man. It helps

18 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

so I did this and like super slow with multiple fails.  Still, have no idea why the horse kept getting spooked.  Honesty, I love the game but so many times things just straight up don't work right or are beyond poorly explained.  Like should I 'CALL' to the horse first.  Because that seems like a bad idea and the first few times that would cause immediate spook.  BUT turns out you have to do it to initiate the whole process (AND IM NOT EVEN SURE ABOUT FUCKING THAT!) should have just lasso'd the fucker.

Were you walking when pressing the calm button? It tells you what to do on the top corner.  Have to keep still when the meter moves and press calm before it goes red.

20 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Were you walking when pressing the calm button? It tells you what to do on the top corner.  Have to keep still when the meter moves and press calm before it goes red.

no I stopped.  You're right.  The instructions for the most part are simple (except for the call part).  It's execution wherein lies the problem.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I haven't played this game since Nov 1. I should probably give it a go tonight, but I doubt I get around to it. 

How far into it did you get? I honestly wouldn’t have finished this game if the story wasn’t as good as it was. Even just sticking to the main missions the game is LONG so if you’re not feeling it I would just forget about it and watch YouTube vids of the story if you wanted. 

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Pokémon is really cute. You should give it a go. 

I may give it a go tonight after the movie. I actually want to play it. 

5 minutes ago, johnny said:

How far into it did you get? I honestly wouldn’t have finished this game if the story wasn’t as good as it was. Even just sticking to the main missions the game is LONG so if you’re not feeling it I would just forget about it and watch YouTube vids of the story if you wanted. 

Not far. Basically right after the gang set up camp. The controls just make it a slog for it. I'll definitely beat it, it just may take a while.

I was hoping to finish the story before online came out, but I keep getting sidetracked. 

Also, ultimate edition only has a one day headstart. Anyone who played RDR2 on launch day can play the following day, played on launch weekend gets in the following day, everyone else the day after. 

Well this game has done it. It got me so damn bored I went and bought a Call of Duty for the first time in 8 years!! In the hopes finding fun in video games again. I feel like I’ve been wandering in the desert of boredom for months only to finally crawl out of it and accept a drink of literally anything because I’m dying of thirst. Had more fun in 20 min Zombies than my entire 30+ hours so fan in RDR. I’ll try revisiting this summer. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Well this game has done it. It got me so damn bored I went and bought a Call of Duty for the first time in 8 years!! In the hopes finding fun in video games again. I feel like I’ve been wandering in the desert of boredom for months only to finally crawl out of it and accept a drink of literally anything because I’m dying of thirst. Had more fun in 20 min Zombies than my entire 30+ hours so fan in RDR. I’ll try revisiting this summer. 

Lol this guy over here. Kills me everytime with his jokes. 

23 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

I think I'm in chapter 5 and agree the game has finally opened up with a better story and now feel its great.  It sucks this game starts off so slow where it put off gamers.

Besides the story being amazing my opinions on the game haven’t changed. If anything the story covers other issues because you really want to find out what is going to happen. 

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/27/red-dead-online-beta-modes-battle-royale-make-it-count/

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/27/red-dead-online-story-missions-moral-choices/

"Make It Count is a battle royale-style mode with up to 32 players fighting against each other with limited weapons in a shrinking circle. Weapons mentioned in the leak include bow and arrows and throwing knives. Maps for Make It Count include Strawberry, Stillwater Creek and Tall Trees."

Added support for Red Dead Online Beta.

Added fixes for crashing issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03.

Added fixes for stuttering/lag issues.

Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03 for PS4 has fixed some glitches.

Added fixes for framerate drop and freezing issues.

Added performance and stability improvements.

Gameplay improvements added with Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03.

Added other minor fixes and changes with Red Dead Redemption 2 version 1.03

2 hours ago, AndyD said:

Gameplay improvements added with Red Dead Redemption 2 1.03.

Sick, I wonder if that means you can actually play the story missions now and not just pantomime them. 

I'll be really pissed if they fixed all the bizarre little details like weapons constantly unequipping etc. after I already dropped it. 

22 hours ago, mo1518 said:

I was hoping to finish the story before online came out, but I keep getting sidetracked. 

Also, ultimate edition only has a one day headstart. Anyone who played RDR2 on launch day can play the following day, played on launch weekend gets in the following day, everyone else the day after. 

same but oh well...i think i'll try to finish 100% single player minus collectibles before going online.

19 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Damn. The Online looks good. 

I watched a few streams and noticed it's a lot more granular, like having to buy a horse brush, pestle, etc.  You notice anything that stands out?  I haven't seen a huge difference unless you just want more content to play.  I played GTA:O quite a bit just to do races and mess around with small missions/stories available.

LOL, it is gonna be GTAO part 2 and I am gonna ignore it now.  

I played for about 7 hours today doing nothing but the stranger missions, the main story missions, gang hideouts, and one or two open world events.

I now have 0.87 gold bars.

At this rate (on a very rough basis of calculation, but based of off my own play style that I consider pretty grind worthy) I’d basically have to play 40 hours a week for three weeks to unlock a decent horse.