Nintendo Direct February 8 2023 at 2:00 PT | 5:00 ET

Keyser_Soze

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I can accept it for a remaster. I was hoping for the other two games, though. But since this will be my first time playing these, I just want the best version possible.

First one holds up pretty well. I have the trilogy on Wii but never played the second two. 

53 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I can accept it for a remaster. I was hoping for the other two games, though. But since this will be my first time playing these, I just want the best version possible.

I think the rumor of a trilogy release kind of dampers this for me. I never played any of these games either. I would rather have a trilogy over a single remaster as you never know if the other two will get the same treatment. 

On 2/7/2023 at 10:48 AM, imthesoldier said:

I'm prepared for disappointment, but I'll give it a go in guessing: 

Possibly to happen: 

-Zelda TOTK of course will be shown, possibly some gameplay elements, and the size of the world

-Advance Wars, plus Kirby to be shown as well

-DLC for MK8D, plus XC3 DLC to be shown, and maybe another DLC for another game

-Indies getting some love as well (Maybe Silksong finally getting revealed?)

-Pikmin 4 will be the last thing with a reveal trailer, plus launch date in late Summer, plus teaser for Pikmin 1 & 2 for Early Summer (Do not believe May is the launch date unless Zelda is delayed again)

-Lego Deku Tree set unveiled as per the "leaked" images (though I do wonder if those are fake, but we'll see)

-Bayo Origins

-Some AAA 3rd Party franchise coming to Switch for the first time

Wishful Thinking: 

-The first two Golden Sun games getting remade into one game as the developers intended

-Prime Trilogy 

-Baten Kaitos remake (as per the rumors)

-Grezzo remaking another classic Zelda title, possibly the Oracle of Ages/Seasons games

-Skies of Arcadia getting the Switch treatment as part of new line of Sega Ages titles (only because it's my GOAT) 

Won't happen at all: 

-Prime 4 reveal

-Switch 2 announcement

Friends don’t let friends play Golden Sun games. 

• Haha 1

When my son mentioned Prime remaster I basically stated that I hoped it didnt get an art style changeover like Wind Waker did… but its somewhat what it got..

To many folks Prime is one of the very best games ever, leave it to Nintendo to just casually drop it the day its announced… It would be like Dread being released same day it was announced..

Not big on Pikmin, but I want a plushie of the Pup with pikmin loaded on it

Kart 8 New course looks great

Man what a hard pivot that direct made. I actually had to stop watching mid way to run and grab some stuff to only see online everybody going nuts about the second half.

With that said, some good stuff but man lots of ports. Also Atlus is nuts with the prices for those EO remakes. =/

Currently playing tetris and man my muscle memory for this game has not gone anywhere.

If this is the end of the Switch, I'm actually happy with the way it's headed out.

Zelda is hard to judge at this point, so I won't.  I'm tired of guessing what the game is, I just want to play it or get some hands on impressions of what's changed.

Pikmin 4 looks great.  I like the new camera, and think I see a return of the roguelike dungeons in 2.  That would make me very happy, since I liked that game more than 3.

Metroid Prime remake probably isn't for me, I think I beat the original like 3 times already.  I do think it looks pretty good on first impression, higher budget than what I expected.  Hopefully you get an option for lock-on circle strafing with dual stick controls.  Several of the bosses were designed around the side hop working together with it.

Baten Katios remaster looks great, especially for having both games.  I wonder if they changed anything else.  Upscaled backgrounds and a higher FPS?

Xenoblade 3 DLC for the base game looks really nice.  I could see myself enjoying the roguelike mode, that's very unexpected.  The fuller DLC expansion?  I'm surprised they're leaning so hard into Xenoblade 1 with it, it looks more like another expansion to that game.  Not that I'm complaining, XB3 didn't go hard enough into the tie-ins.  I'm super glad it's out this year.

Etrian Odyssey, Samba de Amigo and Ghost Trick are alive!  Neato.

Nice to see the Wii Kirby remake getting some new levels of a different variety.

I need to beat Oracle of Ages someday, I'm glad the GBC tier comes with the basic subscription.  Maybe, just maybe, that $20 annual tier is worth it for NES/SNES/GBC alone now.  That's good, because screw everything about needing to pay for online play on a console.

Bayonetta Origins is more intriguing to me than the main series, which I still haven't played. I might start with it at some point.

Sea of Stars looks amazing as always, but that's nothing specific to Nintendo.

Level 5 isn't dead quite yet.  That's cool, I guess.  DecaPolice seems like it could be alright.

Omega Strikes looks like a neat expansion of what Pyre tried, but I'm not into F2P stuff.

Overall, a pretty great Direct.  I'll be feasting with this year with Zelda, Pikmin 4 and Xenoblade 3 DLC.

35 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

If this is the end of the Switch, I'm actually happy with the way it's headed out.

Zelda is hard to judge at this point, so I won't.  I'm tired of guessing what the game is, I just want to play it or get some hands on impressions of what's changed.

Pikmin 4 looks great.  I like the new camera, and think I see a return of the roguelike dungeons in 2.  That would make me very happy, since I liked that game more than 3.

Metroid Prime remake probably isn't for me, I think I beat the original like 3 times already.  I do think it looks pretty good on first impression, higher budget than what I expected.  Hopefully you get an option for lock-on circle strafing with dual stick controls.  Several of the bosses were designed around the side hop working together with it.

Baten Katios remaster looks great, especially for having both games.  I wonder if they changed anything else.  Upscaled backgrounds and a higher FPS?

Xenoblade 3 DLC for the base game looks really nice.  I could see myself enjoying the roguelike mode, that's very unexpected.  The fuller DLC expansion?  I'm surprised they're leaning so hard into Xenoblade 1 with it, it looks more like another expansion to that game.  Not that I'm complaining, XB3 didn't go hard enough into the tie-ins.  I'm super glad it's out this year.

Etrian Odyssey, Samba de Amigo and Ghost Trick are alive!  Neato.

Nice to see the Wii Kirby remake getting some new levels of a different variety.

I need to beat Oracle of Ages someday, I'm glad the GBC tier comes with the basic subscription.  Maybe, just maybe, that $20 annual tier is worth it for NES/SNES/GBC alone now.  That's good, because screw everything about needing to pay for online play on a console.

Bayonetta Origins is more intriguing to me than the main series, which I still haven't played. I might start with it at some point.

Sea of Stars looks amazing as always, but that's nothing specific to Nintendo.

Level 5 isn't dead quite yet.  That's cool, I guess.  DecaPolice seems like it could be alright.

Omega Strikes looks like a neat expansion of what Pyre tried, but I'm not into F2P stuff.

Overall, a pretty great Direct.  I'll be feasting with this year with Zelda, Pikmin 4 and Xenoblade 3 DLC.

It was low key an awesome Direct, but it seems like people aren't too excited about it? 

14 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

It was low key an awesome Direct, but it seems like people aren't too excited about it? 

You're probably hearing that from:

A) Nintendo fans who always wish for the moon from Nintendo Directs.  When other moons appear, they complain it's not theirs.

B) The 'Nintendo is dead to me' folks who only follow Mario/Metroid/Zelda sometimes.

This was almost what we've come expect from their E3 presentations.  Hopefully it's the Switch's last hurrah.

38 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Most of what they showed I don't care about, but I got a few things I'm excited for here. It's like people want every Direct to be some megaton thing with massive announcements and cry when it's not. And yeah, a lot of people who clearly just don't care about Nintendo feeling like they need to continue pointing that out.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think there were a lot of :megaton: announcements BUT Nintendo played them off low key and then sandwiched them between meh stuff. Like they showed Metroid Prime remaster and then follow it up with some post-cognition detective game or show off some fashion game. :p

It's a very Nintendo way of doing things, for better or worse. On the one hand, launching it without much fanfare is a bit disappointing, but on the other, they know fans will eat it up regardless. I'm personally excited this was done, and can't wait for the physical release! :D 

1 hour ago, ShreddieMercury said:

Crazy to me that nobody mentioned the announcement for a SEQUEL TO SAMBA DE AMIGO???

That to me is more of a oh cool that name! But I don’t think something I will play :P

This was a killer direct though, I missed it so I just got the goods and checked the news after. But if you have a video game conference and after it I have a whole bunch of new stuff to actually play (kirby demo, Metroid, gba/gbc vc) you get a solid A from me.

Kirby demo was fun of course, because it’s fucking Kirby but it looks sooo nice on the oled too. I adore how it looks. Gonna use a voucher on that puppy for sure.

The direct rejuvenated my interest in putting up with the Switch’s hardware and giving it some love for another year, so mission succeeded. 

Edit: Sup with the Splatoon 3 expansion? The first phase is just a reused hub world that lets you access the same content? The second one is uhhh