Post your Christmas haul

SmugPrick

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Big item was a ticket to see The Force Awakens with the symphony playing the score live. 

We took our son and his co-op classmates to ROTJ with live symphony score and it was really a neat experience 

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

We took our son and his co-op classmates to ROTJ with live symphony score and it was really a neat experience 

Yeah, I’ve gone with my sister and her family for a couple Star Wars and Harry Potter movies. They’re going out of town this week, but they still got a ticket for me.

They’re doing Black Panther in a couple months, which would be a really fun one to see like that. The ol’ symphony is probably gonna need some new instruments for that one. :lol:

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Some bourbon

Some gin

Some books for my annual “read a few econ Nobel winner books” project

7-E641914-F4-DD-4-D31-8-E81-76533-ABC3644

I had some Jefferson's Presidential Select ages ago and it's one of the better bourbons I've had. Haven't seen it in probably 10 years or so.

Also I'm getting HARD cognitive dissonance looking at that can of gin, the check engine light is NOT helping. Is it any good?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I had some Jefferson's Presidential Select ages ago and it's one of the better bourbons I've had. Haven't seen it in probably 10 years or so.

Also I'm getting HARD cognitive dissonance looking at that can of gin, the check engine light is NOT helping. Is it any good?

Haven’t had a chance to crack them open, but the wife went to one of the best booze shops in Houston and talked to a staff member and just asked for recommendations on bourbon and gin (my go tos). I’m sure they are solid.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Haven’t had a chance to crack them open, but the wife went to one of the best booze shops in Houston and talked to a staff member and just asked for recommendations on bourbon and gin (my go tos). I’m sure they are solid.

I haven't had "entry level" Jefferson's in a while and I don't remember how it tastes. Before the bourbon market got just wildly stupid, my go to in that price range was Buffalo Trace or entry level Weller but they've been hard to find for years now; I'm finally seeing Buffalo Trace on shelves again up by me. But it's $40-$45 now and not like... $25. Weller is still deeply fucked, which is a shame.

A new ASUS gaming laptop

A class ring I never ended up getting after graduating

Several shirts designed by artists with artwork for Ace Attorney, Resident Evil 8, Stray, Paul McCartney, and South Park

A white suit

Bob Ross pajamas

$100

$25 in lotto ticket winnings

Some stocking stuffers

• Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, Chris- said:

This was my book haul:

P7CsOYl.jpg

The Cruelty is the Point was a good read.

my holiday hall is only half done.

Got a bunch of clothes, two pairs of shoes, a few random figurines for the game room and a signed first edition of Jurassic Park from my fiancé.

Will add after my gf gives me gifts when we go away later this week.

The downfall of poly is it’s expensive, so damn expensive. 

23 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

The Cruelty is the Point was a good read.

my holiday hall is only half done.

Got a bunch of clothes, two pairs of shoes, a few random figurines for the game room and a signed first edition of Jurassic Park from my fiancé.

Will add after my gf gives me gifts when we go away later this week.

The downfall of poly is it’s expensive, so damn expensive. 

I read a lot of his articles back when I had an Atlantic subscription and they were quite good, so I’m looking forward to it. 

Husband got me Tactics Ogre for Switch and Crisis Core on PS5, along with a couple of Kirby plushies. 

Parents got me a North Face jacket, a new wallet, some gloves and heated socks for hunting, a sling for my new rifle, a hoodie, and mom had a quilt made from a bunch of old tee shirts I gave her. 

Brother gave me a hanta precision knife, a book, a tee shirt, and some jerky. 

Grandma gave me cash, which I’ll probably buy a new kitchen knife with. 

Cousin gave me a PSN gift card. 

Aunt gave me a Bass Pro gift card. 

Another aunt gave me some pajama pants and a Snoopy bookend. 

• Like 1