Dave Chappelle gets cancelled into hosting SNL

15 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

With Dave hosting there will actually be a chance that one of the skits might end up actually being funny 

Have you watched it recently? There have been some funny ones. I will usually put recent episodes on while I work and there have been some funny ones from the current cast. Weekend update is almost always good for some chuckles.

I love that SNL exists in a time of YouTube and social media, because I do t have to watch an entire episode. Even in the best of times most sketches were just OK. Now I just see the truly funny stuff get shared

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I love that SNL exists in a time of YouTube and social media, because I do t have to watch an entire episode. Even in the best of times most sketches were just OK. Now I just see the truly funny stuff get shared

SNL is basically perfect for the YouTube/social media era. The show is easy to chop up and they do a good job of putting everything on YouTube within hours of airing. I just wish they wouldn't break up Weekend Update into multiple videos.

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Have you watched it recently? There have been some funny ones. I will usually put recent episodes on while I work and there have been some funny ones from the current cast. Weekend update is almost always good for some chuckles.

No, the truth is I never found SNL to be all that funny. I have friends who have loved the show and from time to time I've suffered through it, but mostly I avoid it like the plague 

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The new guy they have doing Trump is amazing. He sounds so much like him.

You should watch his interview from last year on Seth Meyer’s. He has a pre and post 2016 Trump impression. BTW, it’s the same guy for Trump and Biden (James Austin Johnson): the dude is a Dana Carvey level impressionist 

I think the last SNL skits I've ever watched, and my friends shared, were literally from the Chappelle episode. The All State guy or whatever. SNL is one of those shows I used to watch on Comedy Central because the reruns just ran all the time but never actively tuned in. It was just...there. 

12 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
221110124434-dave-chappelle-220620-restr
WWW.CNN.COM

Dave Chappelle's representative is pushing back on a report that claimed "Saturday Night Live" writers were staging a boycott ahead of his hosting the show this weekend.

From what ive seen, it's a single writer. 

• 2 weeks later...
newFile-1.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Idle also criticised Bill Maher for ‘moaning’ about his audience

Asked about Dave Chappelle’s complaints that he is being silenced for his controversial jokes, Idle responded: “Where does he say it? On SNL… well you’re not being that much cancelled, are you?

“I didn’t like it when Bill Maher complains about the audience for not laughing, they’re telling you they don’t find it funny.

“You shouldn’t moan about the audience. There’s nothing wrong with the audience. If they don’t laugh at your jokes, there’s something wrong with your joke. And so… I’m not terribly sympathetic to that sort of attitude, to be honest.”

• Like 4

If I didn't already love Eric Idle before, I love him even more now for saying that. Too many comedians need to be told that. It's like when they make it big that they forget what it was like as a struggling comedian; if the audience didn't laugh, it's because the joke wasn't funny, and you're not owed a laugh even though you're a big shot now.

• Halal 3