Fallout 4 Getting FREE Next-Gen Update For Current Gen-Consoles and PC, update: April 25 release announced

Keyser_Soze

I just read this a few minutes ago and man did I love me some fallout 4! I would have to estimate but probably over 150 hours into the game and love most everything about it. We just started watching the TV show on prime and are 1 episode in and liked it alot! The game is so fantastic and the update is free so really it's a huge win for most everyone. If some how you have not played this game and you in anyway love open world RPG games, Just do it!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, legend said:

Not sure I have any interest in returning to F4. It was the weakest in the series IMO. Either that or I just didn't feel like it evolved enough.

But I might back back in for the London mod.

You might say London's calling you to play fallout 4? :thinking:

• True 1

25 minutes ago, legend said:

Not sure I have any interest in returning to F4. It was the weakest in the series IMO. Either that or I just didn't feel like it evolved enough.

But I might back back in for the London mod.

I recently tried to get into it and it's a weak entry. In fact Bethesda needs to go back to the drawing board. They haven't evolved with gaming since 2008. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

What is fallout 76 even? Is it like an action MMO? Is it just a fallout game what you can play with other people? I can’t seem to get a handle on it. I think I own it for Pete’s sake it must have been free on +. 

Hell, even free ITT if you take my code. :p

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

What is fallout 76 even? Is it like an action MMO? Is it just a fallout game what you can play with other people? I can’t seem to get a handle on it. I think I own it for Pete’s sake it must have been free on +. 

(They just posted this, updating their first before you buy)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m not grabbing that from someone who might take more advantage … I’m replaying 4 and happy as a clam with that. 

It's been more than a week and the number of PC users around here is slim already. Also, the reason I have an extra code is because they gave it away free for PC like 2 years ago. So you're probably in the clear by now. :p

• Hugs 1

On 4/11/2024 at 11:50 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Anyone want a PC Code for Fallout 76? Amazon is giving them away (Have to redeem on Microsoft store) I already have it.

J9TP66KQJC3H7T2PF7FTQ32YZ

Isn't it free on game pass? Nice gesture though

I tried 76 a couple times over the past week it's 4 with lag so I noped out.  Been rolling with NV and it's been fun as always. BTW AMDs latest drivers don't play well with NV and FO3 and the game will crash as soon as you load any save or start a new one but there's a mod on nexus you can get that tricks the game into thinking you have an older amd gpu that can run the game maxed out which allows it to work fine 🤷

The giant bomb GOTY debate about this game in 2015 popped up on my YouTube. They argued passionately for about 30 mins about it, whether or not it should be most disappointing. It makes me feel vindicated that Austin was vouching for the game. 

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I started New Vegas again for the third time... gonna actually try and finish this time.

That's arguably the best FO game. I only played it at it's initial release back then but I remember absolutely loving it. Not sure how it has aged. Although I'm sure there are awesome mods for it now. 

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

The huge popularity of Amazon Prime's Fallout TV series is causing traffic problems for top mod download website NexusM…

The huge popularity of Amazon Prime's Fallout TV series is causing traffic problems for top mod download website NexusMods.

NexusMods first issued a warning it was experiencing heavy network traffic that could cause a "degraded experience" last Friday. The site said it had deployed "extra resources" twice over the weekend in order to cope with the extra demand - but problems continue.

As of 8am UK time this morning, NexusMods is still continuing to investigate the issue. According to an official status page, the Nexus Mods website, API, CDN and forum are all currently suffering from a "degraded performance".

NEXUSMODS.STATUSPAGE.IO

Welcome to Nexus Mods's home for real-time and historical data on system performance.

Reminder that Fanatical still has that killer entire FO series for $25 deal going (includes all dlc). I already had everything else so I just picked up FO76 for $8 which I would say is definitely worth it. Been playing it as if it was a fully SP game so far and it just feels like new FO with all the improvements they’ve made since launch. Plays great natively on the steam deck, so im just pretending its a brand new handheld fallout game and it kinda rules.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Reminder that Fanatical still has that killer entire FO series for $25 deal going (includes all dlc). I already had everything else so I just picked up FO76 for $8 which I would say is definitely worth it. Been playing it as if it was a fully SP game so far and it just feels like new FO with all the improvements they’ve made since launch. Plays great natively on the steam deck, so im just pretending its a brand new handheld fallout game and it kinda rules.

Moleman gauntlet fore the win!:sun:

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Reading everything they’ve added to FO76 since launch though and what the FUCK were they thinking launching it like they did. They got lucky they might get another shot now because of the show. It took two years before human npcs?!?! And the subscription service came out BEFORE that?????

The unfortunate reality of live service games.  If they stayed in development until the content that justified their existence was done, they'd never get made.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The unfortunate reality of live service games.  If they stayed in development until the content that justified their existence was done, they'd never get made.

I think they could have waited those two years and been the better for it though. It came out three years after FO4, we didn’t need a new one just yet. I think being further out would have helped it as well actually. But no npcs of all things is pretty bad for FO.

Definitely paid to hold off and play this one later on though for sure.

• True 1