Fallout 4 Getting FREE Next-Gen Update For Current Gen-Consoles and PC, update: April 25 release announced

Keyser_Soze

9 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Yeah apparently the update is essentially a downgrade on pc lol. Luckily I don’t use mods or any of the stuff that’s negatively impacted.

I specifically froze my updates and just use the Script Extender to launch—I don't plan to get this upgrade since as you say, it's actually a downgrade on PC.

• True 1

I guess I'll upgrade it on PS5.  Sounds like I should hold off on the PC version.

I'm not sure what people were expecting from this.  I've seen people on the internet who seemed to think this was gonna look like Starfield or something

This could just be a steam freakout situation. Like every time Dragon's Dogma 2 gets updated some troll comes out of the woodwork and says "THIS BREAKS ALL MODS" and then an hour or so later the modders fix it and the mods work again.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

I guess I'll upgrade it on PS5.  Sounds like I should hold off on the PC version.

I'm not sure what people were expecting from this.  I've seen people on the internet who seemed to think this was gonna look like Starfield or something

If you don’t use mods and stuff I don’t think you need to worry. I booted mine and it’s running just fine, no different than before. 

8 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

It’s pretty embarrassing. Apparently the ultra widescreen part, which is arguably the most appealing part of the update for pc users, is broken in some way lol. 

The text/hud is stretched rather than being repositioned 

• Haha 1

By all accounts, the PC "upgrade" is an abject failure that not only doesn't add anything worthwhile, but also breaks all existing mods (and doesn't even fix some major previous bugs, like the weapon debris bug). Because they changed the compiler for this version of the game, it's not even a matter of just having the F4SE get updated (which most mods rely on), it looks like each mod will need an update to work.

Bethesda basically just ruined FO4 for PC if you used any mods. Such an absolute joke of a company.

Well maybe the PC version is ruined but Fallout 4 is now the highest played game tracked on PSNprofiles (with about 5000) Stellar blade just behind it. Final Fantasy Rebirth had been on top since it came out.

In alll about that FO76 babbbyyyyyy. I guess this will be my first mmo since TOR like 10 years ago. Though I have played a decent bit now and still have yet to engage with any online elements beyond simply seeing other people running around.

I’ll have more thoughts later but reminder a Steam key is still only $8 on cdkeys and all expansions are free so that’s all you need! Runs great on the deck native or on a desktop app all modded out. The world here is going to be 5x the size of FO4 after the summer update not including how it now also has Pittsburg and NJ. There’s a lottt of content. There’s pluses and minuses due to the nature of what it is vs FO4 that I’ll get more into later but anyone who liked that entry would probably like this now.

And you really can just play it exactly like a single player FO game. The other stuff is totally optional. And nobody can kill you if you don’t want them to be able to. I’m playing this just as if it was FO5. No need to subscribe to anything or pay for expansions. It’s all cosmetic stuff and base building stuff. I actually wish FO 1st offered more because I’d like to get like super into it with the sub but all the good stuff is free!