Breaking: someone decided to take potshots at vehicles from a high-rise building near my home and now SWAT has set up near my favorite Starbucks

10 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Weirdly I do, but I don't remember him being on any of the WS teams. I'd have to go back and look.

I was at a baseball game where he was pitching and any time he threw a ball (not a strike) some guy in the crowd in front of me kept yelling, "God almighty Clement!" So it's impossible for me to forget he exists now.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I had a "hilarious" gun control joke yesterday but the shooting happened today so I forgot it.

7392d8df26e354417987c4e63858fdac480cd488

9 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I didn’t realize how burnt it was until I had good coffee

Every once in a while I like a latte or something that tastes like candy, and Starbucks does that well. I like some of their beans well enough when I make the coffee at home, but I think their drip coffee generally peaks at fine.

I am a sucker for their blonde flat whites, I confess.

And I've been in New England long enough that I occasionally crave Dunks. It's not great, it's... fine. But sometimes whatever shit they put in it to manipulate the limbic system kicks in and I find myself pulling out of a drive thru without realizing what happened.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In any event, the Fairfax police have determined the the bullets were fired from a handgun at ground level, so there's apparently no high-rise sniper.

That seems like a pretty big distinction. How did they get it so wrong in the first place?

6 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

But a large black coffee would be the drip coffee. Not americano.

Americano is the only thing on the menu where i know im getting  a "strong black coffee".

I go to Starbucks once a year, max. Usually around fall, through no choice of my own. 

Otherwise, I prefer to just make my own pour over BR at home. 

My go to Starbucks order is a venti black coffee. It’s fine.

Anyway, I lived through those DC sniper attacks. They literally happened all around me, and my place of employment. Most the killings happened within like 1 or 2 miles of either my work or apartment. It was sheer terror. It truly is the blueprint for how to bring a city to its knees. Two dudes in a car shut down a city for weeks. John Mohammed’s favorite restaurant was like 3 blocks from my apartment I used to eat there all the time. When they finally caught him, I had driven past the rest stop he was found in literally hours before they got him.

On 9/25/2022 at 3:34 AM, Nokra said:

Let me guess... a lady friend of yours has to get a pumpkin-spice something in the fall? :thinking:

Yeah. She goes often, but usually closer to Halloween she wants me to go do a huge corn maze near here that is also filled with spooky Halloween scares. It always involves her stopping for pumpkin spice latte first. The maze is actually awesome. By this time, the cattle corn is starting to die from the colder weather, and it gives it an incredible effect. 

I can tell the difference between high quality, mid tier and low quality coffee… but once I get out of that lower tier (gas station, bad fast food, cheapie office, etc) I really just don’t care that much. I like Starbucks just fine. (I consider it mid tier)  I don’t get all the hate… aside from hating them as a giant corporation, which sure, I’m all on board for that.

I can tell when I’m drinking the really good stuff, but I don’t care enough to go out of my way for it.

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, ort said:

I can tell the difference between high quality, mid tier and low quality coffee… but once I get out of that lower tier (gas station, bad fast food, cheapie office, etc) I really just don’t care that much. I like Starbucks just fine. (I consider it mid tier)  I don’t get all the hate… aside from hating them as a giant corporation, which sure, I’m all on board for that.

I can tell when I’m drinking the really good stuff, but I don’t care enough to go out of my way for it.

The same for me. Starbucks is perfectly fine, but it's also not worth $7 for a coffee. I consider McDonalds to be in the same tier, and it's $1-$2. Or the stuff I can make at home, which is $.25.

McDonald’s coffee is better than you would think and I will happily drink it.

A regular black Starbucks coffee here in St Louis is like $3 bucks. McDonalds like $2 or something. My wife likes the Starbucks Nitros, which is carbonated cold brews and that shit is like $6 bucks and she has it 3-4 times a week.

I only get coffee “out” like once or twice a month. We’ll, maybe more during youth hockey season.

We get Intelligentsia at work (which we grind fresh and brew in an expensive drip machine) and I can definitely tell the difference between that and lesser coffee, but I’m fine with Dunkin or whatever from Aldi in the morning. As long as coffee doesn’t taste watery I like it.