The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

I've cleared:

104 shrines completed, 110 found. 

115 light roots

24 hearts

2 stamia wheels

The wind temple

All tears from glyphs

Fully upgraded my Pudah pad (placeable teleports are really helpful for farming armor upgrades!)

I have most armors and am currently focused on getting them all upgraded.

EDIT: all 8 batteries filled! :sun:

This weekend I plan to start taking down the rest of the temples. I imagine I have two more weeks of play when work and family time is factored in. This game has been amazing!

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 2

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m definitely getting into it more. I’m back doing shrines in the first area I landed in and it’s a lot easier than the area I was around this weekend. Almost at 8 hearts now!

Nice. Just keep chipping away and make progress each time you play. It then really opens up incredible opportunities and gameplay. I'm glad you're giving it more of a chance.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Xbob42 @Mr.Vic20

I have one more dungeon to complete then I have no active main story quests available. Do more quests open up after I complete all 4 dungeons?

You can put the answer in spoilers if you want. I will finish the last dungeon this evening and then I'm not sure what I can do. 

I can't say, I've just been ignoring the main quest, aside from the wind temple, and have simply been exploring the world and amassing great power! :p

• Haha 1

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Yes, it's very clear and there's no confusion on where to go next. Although you might have a bit of trouble with a certain part of the continued quest line, so don't be afraid to ask for help if you get stuck.

Fantastic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I’ve got shit load of side adventures, shrine quests, and side quests to do. No way you did everything 

No, I've skipped side quests for now. Meaning I haven't engaged in partaking in anything but the main story and gaining stamina and heart containers.

I want to focus on the main story so I'm pleased that it continues after completing the dungeons. I'll tackle side quests eventually because I don't see myself not playing this for months. 

I just finished lightning temple.  Easily my favorite of the three I've done so far.  It felt more puzzly and Zelda dunegon-y than the other two I've done (water & fire) which I felt were way too open.  And the boss was fun too.  Good shit.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

I'm 30+ hours into it and haven't done a single dungeon. As soon as I got the paraglider I've been exploring the world and visiting all of the Skyview towers.

Even though this is the same overworld as BoTW the new ways to travel makes it all feel fresh. I know there was some fear before release that this would feel like an expansion pack but it's a totally new game that perfects what BoTW started.

I absolutely loved the vertical exploration of BoTW and having the ability to shoot up into the sky has added a whole new dimension to exploration. I've only played around in the Underneath a little but everything I saw so far really impressed me. It feels a little more surreal fantasy than what I normally expect from Zelda and I'm here for it.

• Halal 3

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is there a way to dismiss companions? It's not a huge problem for me but I sometimes prefer just having Link on his own. Also, if you can dismiss them how can you get them back?

Lol I can’t share cuz I’m dumb but I just googled it and a 30 second YouTube video popped up. Use summon stones

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Lol I can’t share cuz I’m dumb but I just googled it and a 30 second YouTube video popped up. Use summon stones

Not sure what summon stones are. I'll have to look it up after work unless I get more responses. Thank you for lookin out!

I’m loving it the last couple days. I probably should have been less stubborn over the weekend and not tackled the places I did, there is an enormous difficulty difference between where I am now around Lookout and the location around the top right of the map where I was.

You are definitely supposed to do things in a certain order or else face a ridiculous challenge. But everyone always acts like that isn’t the case which didn’t help me turn back to where every enemy isn’t a ridiculous sponge that kills me in one hit.

I’m almost at 10 hearts now so by the time I get back to that area should be much smoother sailing.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m loving it the last couple days. I probably should have been less stubborn over the weekend and not tackled the places I did, there is an enormous difficulty difference between where I am now around Lookout and the location around the top right of the map where I was.

You are definitely supposed to do things in a certain order or else face a ridiculous challenge. But everyone always acts like that isn’t the case which didn’t help me turn back to where every enemy isn’t a ridiculous sponge that kills me in one hit.

I’m almost at 10 hearts now so by the time I get back to that area should be much smoother sailing.

Awesome to hear. I have 14 hearts and two full stamina wheels and completed all 4 dungeons. I'm now 55 hours in and I litteraly can't stop playing this. Keep up the good work. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Awesome to hear. I have 14 hearts and two full stamina wheels and completed all 4 dungeons. I'm now 55 hours in and I litteraly can't stop playing this. Keep up the good work. 

Havent seen a dungeon yet even here, as long as I’m finding new shrines it’s hard to stop one after another!

It’s kinda like Elden Ring, right? You can go to Caelid first, it’s just gonna be tough as hell. But you can sneak around, explore, unlock some points of interest, maybe find some good gear. I zig-zagged across the whole surface level early on to get all the towers unlocked, completely avoiding combat on half the map. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

If you go to harder places too early and successfully kill those tough enemies it makes the game get harder. There’s a hidden experience point system that tells the game when to start sending in harder enemies in “early” areas.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

14 hearts and you haven’t maxed stamina’s?

i had 4 hearts until I maxed my stamina. It’s just so important in this game.

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

It’s kinda like Elden Ring, right? You can go to Caelid first, it’s just gonna be tough as hell. But you can sneak around, explore, unlock some points of interest, maybe find some good gear. I zig-zagged across the whole surface level early on to get all the towers unlocked, completely avoiding combat on half the map. 

I feel like Elden Ring just guided a little better where you should go first, which is surprising since it was still pretty vague. Maybe it’s just chance. But here it seems like it’s like “go to any of these four points!” But then that’s not really the case.

Just now, BloodyHell said:

14 hearts and you haven’t maxed stamina’s?

i had 4 hearts until I maxed my stamina. It’s just so important in this game.

I have two full rolls of stamina and I have no issues climbing almost anything. Once I get a few more hearts ill get more stamina. 

Just now, best3444 said:

I have two full rolls of stamina and I have no issues climbing almost anything. Once I get a few more hearts ill get more stamina. 

I find 10 hearts to be more than enough for any part of this game. Stamina is more important for flying than climbing.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I find 10 hearts to be more than enough for any part of this game. Stamina is more important for flying than climbing.

Ok, good to know. I just wanted hearts so that I don't die so easily. I'll focus on stamina next.