The villain in Indiana Jones 5 will be...(spoilers hidden)

16 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Can't be worse than Temple of Doom

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

15 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Fun Fact: Temple of Doom is chronologically first of the four Indiana Jones films. Also: I didn't mind Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Mostly forgettable. But I'm not a die hard Jones fan.

I forgive you. You’re a fellow Philly boy.

Hot take: the child slavery and the insane racism of Temple of Doom turn me off to that movie entirely. Also, Kate Capshaw is AWFUL. KOTS biggest flaws were the overuse of CGI and using flavor of the month Shia LeBeauf as Indy’s son.  

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

People weren't fans of Kate Capshaw

What was the issue with her? 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Hot take: the child slavery and the insane racism of Temple of Doom turn me off to that movie entirely. Also, Kate Capshaw is AWFUL.

I must not be in the loop in why people hate her. As a kid I didn't comprehend the child slavery. What about the insane racism? Granted, I haven't seen this movie in over 20 yrs so my memory is not good for this. I just loved Temple of Doom as a kid and liked the video game, too. 

Temple of Doom has a crap story, but is a well crafted film with lots of fun bits. Last Crusade is such a bland/safe entry. It's really not the best either. I can barely remember anything about Crystal Skull... I think I purged it from my memory like a traumatic event. I remember it making me very angry and sad. I really hated it. Have not seen it or thought about since it came out and I saw it in the theaters.

Really the only true masterpiece in the franchise is the first one, which I consider one of the single greatest films of all time.

Indy 5 will have to have a lot of positive buzz and glowing reviews for me to check it out.

4 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I forgive you. You’re a fellow Philly boy.

Hot take: the child slavery and the insane racism of Temple of Doom turn me off to that movie entirely. Also, Kate Capshaw is AWFUL. KOTS biggest flaws were the overuse of CGI and using flavor of the month Shia LeBeauf as Indy’s son.  

Hahaha, it's not like I dislike Indiana Jones, I like the character and his movies, but some people really get into it. They are fun adventure movies, with the first being the best. I'm not so attached that I think KotCS is awful, that's some serious hyperbole when there are truly god awful films out there. Same with Temple of Doom. They are still Spielberg directed films, there's a lot of skill and craft on display even if the story fails the movie. I guess being less attached I'm simply more forgiving of Temple and Kingdom.

• Hugs 1

• 2 months later...
315925281_1486136711883490_2400844527776
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Empire Magazine shared a post on Instagram: "Inspired by the film, the subscriber cover for Empire's Indiana Jones 5 issue finds Indy in 1960s-era New York City, bathed in golden...
316054555_1356113291862973_5928636531935
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Empire Magazine shared a post on Instagram: "Indiana Jones is back! “It’s full of adventure, laughs, and real emotion,” says Harrison Ford. Take a first look at Indiana Jones 5, from...
316095218_1757745614597368_4014480691433
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Empire Magazine shared a post on Instagram: "Indiana Jones 5 will pit Indy against Nazis again, in 1969. Meet Mads Mikkelsen’s villainous Voller. “He’s a man who would like...
315777816_458983909706649_76809578335566
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Empire Magazine shared a post on Instagram: "A major Indiana Jones 5 setpiece takes place in the New York ticker tape parade thrown for the Apollo 11 astronauts. Here’s a first...

On 9/16/2022 at 12:16 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Hahaha, it's not like I dislike Indiana Jones, I like the character and his movies, but some people really get into it. They are fun adventure movies, with the first being the best. I'm not so attached that I think KotCS is awful, that's some serious hyperbole when there are truly god awful films out there. Same with Temple of Doom. They are still Spielberg directed films, there's a lot of skill and craft on display even if the story fails the movie. I guess being less attached I'm simply more forgiving of Temple and Kingdom.

Hayters gonna hate. I love KOTCS. I bought the quad collection in UHD and I went to Kingdom first cuz I love that a bomb test scene. I kinda like Shia but I think the dude is IRL a creep and has gone off the deep end so bad choice for a replacement to Indy. I wouldn't be opposed to a recast though. 

• Halal 1

Crystal Skull has some truly cringey moments, but it's not the worst entry in my mind. The ONLY thing I really like about Temple of Doom is the minecart chase.

Lost Ark is objectively the best-made movie. But Crusade is my favorite. That movie is just so unabashedly fun, I have a blast watching it every time.

So she’s playing Indy’s goddaughter, which makes her the daughter of someone like Brody (unlikely), Jim Broadbent’s character, or that general he was friends with during the scene where he’s questioned by the feds?

316465784_654799489437942_27109079611869
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Empire Magazine shared a post on Instagram: "EXCLUSIVE 🚨 Phoebe Waller-Bridge plays Indy's goddaughter Helena in Indiana Jones 5: "She's a mystery and a wonder,"...