2022 Midterm Thread

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

SO Glad I'm not working tonight.

I honestly wanted to have a normal shift and just skip watching election stuff tonight, but since I'm here covering elections locally and in Florida, might as well peak in. :p

I'm at peace with Florida because I was telling my gf during our Thanksgiving vacation last year that I already conceded DeSantis would probably win here. So none of this is left-field or a nailbiter. I'm mostly hoping the Senate stays Democratic.

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Any PA updates?

Still early with about half the vote being early, which is anticipated to be about 25% of the total. I’d guess we are 90 minutes away from seeing enough Election Day totals to get a better idea of the end result.

Adam Jentleson
@AJentleson
·
2m
This was supposed to be a swing seat. Still early, caveat emptor, but if this was a red wave stuff like this shouldn’t be happening.
Quote Tweet
David Weigel
@daveweigel
·

Democrat Seth Magaziner is the winner against Republican Alan Fung in Rhode Island’s Second Congressional District, local station WPRI projects.

It’s one of the first highly competitive races to be called tonight #Election2022

I’m slowly getting drunk and drawing. Not because of stress or anything but because this drawing I got commissioned to do is for a photo of this woman and her deceased father and I’m legit exhausted doing this type of work. 

Anything to distract me from constantly checking midterm results.

• Hugs 2

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Democrat Wes Moore wins the Maryland gubernatorial race, becoming Maryland's first black governor.

Massachusetts and Maryland flip Democratic for governors' mansions. Let's see if the same holds for a place like Wisconsin.

My hopium slowly increases. Along with my blood alcohol level.

• Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hugs 3

9 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I’m slowly getting drunk and drawing. Not because of stress or anything but because this drawing I got commissioned to do is for a photo of this woman and her deceased father and I’m legit exhausted doing this type of work. 

Anything to distract me from constantly checking midterm results.

I've been pounding wine and rewriting a paper for one of my classes because one of my team members (an engineer- thanks @b_m_b_m_b_m) wrote a bunch of inane shit that absolutely cannot be submitted. This is the 'executive summary' he wrote for our case study (note: none of this accurately discusses the case or how we discussed it as a group):

Spoiler

The Metaverse is the present up-and-coming Tech opportunity.  In an ever-present tech world, the Metaverse could very soon be king, effectively replacing the internet as the go-to place for community, communication, and play.  Missing out on this opportunity would be like missing out on the 90s and skipping the internet.  Applying this strategy to Nike, as a constant industry leader in sports footwear must include this in their corporate strategy.  To stay ahead of the competition, especially ADIDAS which is also entering the Metaverse Nike needs to keep its product new but reliable.  The question is how, what, and when.  How, use reliable, proven Tech giants and partner with them to provide a product better than the rest of the competition.  What, use the normal opportunities for marketing and advertising but also capture the captive customer for unique educational opportunities.  When, well that’s where the risk lies.  Too early and you may fail with the wrong partner.  Too late and you won’t be the innovator, you’ll be chasing the innovator.  Nike is the leader in footwear innovation, it is in its corporate DNA to become the leader in the new marketplace.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I've been pounding wine and rewriting a paper for one of my classes because one of my team members (an engineer- thanks @b_m_b_m_b_m) wrote a bunch of inane shit that absolutely cannot be submitted. This is the 'executive summary' he wrote for our case study (note: none of this accurately discusses the case or how we discussed it as a group):

Hide contents

The Metaverse is the present up-and-coming Tech opportunity.  In an ever-present tech world, the Metaverse could very soon be king, effectively replacing the internet as the go-to place for community, communication, and play.  Missing out on this opportunity would be like missing out on the 90s and skipping the internet.  Applying this strategy to Nike, as a constant industry leader in sports footwear must include this in their corporate strategy.  To stay ahead of the competition, especially ADIDAS which is also entering the Metaverse Nike needs to keep its product new but reliable.  The question is how, what, and when.  How, use reliable, proven Tech giants and partner with them to provide a product better than the rest of the competition.  What, use the normal opportunities for marketing and advertising but also capture the captive customer for unique educational opportunities.  When, well that’s where the risk lies.  Too early and you may fail with the wrong partner.  Too late and you won’t be the innovator, you’ll be chasing the innovator.  Nike is the leader in footwear innovation, it is in its corporate DNA to become the leader in the new marketplace.

In conclusion, the Metaverse is a land of contrasts.

5 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I've been pounding wine and rewriting a paper for one of my classes because one of my team members (an engineer- thanks @b_m_b_m_b_m) wrote a bunch of inane shit that absolutely cannot be submitted. This is the 'executive summary' he wrote for our case study (note: none of this accurately discusses the case or how we discussed it as a group)

Between you, me, and @MarSolo, PA at least bringing their typical A-level drinking game to this shit show. I am currently on to hard liquor myself.

4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Hide contents

When an engineer is born God flips a coin: one side greatness the other, madness

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Between you, me, and @MarSolo, PA at least bringing their typical A-level drinking game to this shit show. I am currently on to hard liquor myself.

Why do you PA bros keep forgetting me?  Granted, all I've had to drink tonight was a bottle of wine and maybe a quarter of a container of whiskey, but still...

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Why do you PA bros keep forgetting me?  Granted, all I've had to drink tonight was a bottle of wine and maybe a quarter of a container of whiskey, but still...

I didn't forget you, I was not aware you had started drinking today - love to hear it, great work supporting the PA A-level drinking game! Let one of God's greatest gifts to man do its work. :p 

3 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Lackawanna County - 92% of the vote counted:
Fetterman has 57% of the vote
Shapiro has 61%

Biden got 54%
This is where SCRANTON is

Good for Fetterman.

Was just about to share that. Running ahead of Biden is always good, though I wish people would do more comparisons county-by-county.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Red wave my ass!

Worth remembering that the current makeup of the house is relatively tight heading into a midterm, so the typical “wave election” narrative doesn’t quite fit. Don’t need many net flips to grab power.