2022 Midterm Thread

12 minutes ago, Brian said:
103031987-GettyImages-490415354r.jpg?v=1
T.CO

With persistent inflation eating away at wage gains, more Americans are struggling financially. The share living paycheck to paycheck is near a historic high.

Good thing the Republicans can fix this by using trickle down economics. Elon has shown the rich are great at job creation 

If you're living paycheck to paycheck on six figures you're doing it wrong. 

40 minutes ago, stepee said:

Sucks that Vital is such a shit father and probably threatened their child and verbally abused them to a point they felt they had to say it was a phase. Now his child has to be miserable just because he is a terrible parent, doesn’t seem fair. I hope eventually they cuts ties with him and they are able to live their life free of his failure.

I just think of parents in the Christian south who could say "my son said he was gay when he was 15, but I told him that's not acceptable, and now he's married to a sweet girl from down the block!" And then the guy commits suicide a few years later.

• True 2

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I just think of parents in the Christian south who could say "my son said he was gay when he was 15, but I told him that's not acceptable, and now he's married to a sweet girl from down the block!" And then the guy commits suicide a few years later.

yep, I hope they don’t end up as another statistic like that due to shitfather over here

7 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

I'm dreading the days after the election, where people will talk about how Texas, Florida, and Georgia are shitholes and should just secede (especially Texas).

The Democrats deserve some blame if Republicans win big in those states. Beto, Abrams and Crist aren't the kind of candidates that get Democrats in Texas, Florida and Georgia excited.

Numbers aren't looking bad TX. Over 1 mill have voted more than CA and way more young people. TX is 94% in person and CA is 98% Mail in. So not only is it easier to vote in CA but fewer have. 

12 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Numbers aren't looking bad TX. Over 1 mill have voted more than CA and way more young people. TX is 94% in person and CA is 98% Mail in. So not only is it easier to vote in CA but fewer have. 

CA votes are counted for like a month after the election though, as long as its postmarked on or before election day its counted.

19 hours ago, stepee said:

Sucks that Vital is such a shit father and probably threatened their child and verbally abused them to a point they felt they had to say it was a phase. Now his child has to be miserable just because he is a terrible parent, doesn’t seem fair. I hope eventually they cuts ties with him and they are able to live their life free of his failure.

Bingo. Either that or the story is completely made up. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Bingo. Either that or the story is completely made up. 

I wasn’t gonna say it but…

But there’s a reason I fronted a grand to have this bigot removed

Also vital, how’s it feel; knowing some over payed state union employee makes more than you? Transparent California UCSF cn2, look at our average salary 😉

that must just piss your bigoted ass off so much, in three days of work I make more than you 

do you need a loan? 

15 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

If Abbott wins, his win should come with an asterisk, because of all the new, restrictive voting laws.

Fortunately, I was able to do early voting. I hate Abbott so much (including the usual crew that gets elected with him), so it was a pleasure to vote against him, even though I realize the odds are completely for that asshat winning another term (as well as his cohorts).

On 11/3/2022 at 10:05 PM, SaysWho? said:

Oh and honestly, if there was ever a time for Trump to flame out, it was after the Capitol riots. Instead the republican leader of the house visited him a couple weeks later.

Nobody should be under the impression he’s flaming out until he dies.

Yeah, at the earliest. 

I have never considered myself to be particularly left wing, but I don't know how anyone could support the GOP as its stood since the day Trump won the nomination. The party that claims Gaetz, Greene, Boebert, cotton, and whichever other dirtbags I'm forgetting among their own, on top of Trump.

The current GOP is irredeemable. 

• True 2
  • Halal 1

Early voting in Texas.

JFWdm5l.png
TARGETEARLY.TARGETSMART.COM

Early and absentee voting data is more important than ever. TargetSmart has created a site to paint a picture of the votes cast thus far. Check back often for updates.

Republicans have 44.3% of the vote, Democrats have 40.1%. To put this in perspective, Republicans led Democrats by double digits in 2018 and 2020.

17 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Early voting in Texas.

JFWdm5l.png
TARGETEARLY.TARGETSMART.COM

Early and absentee voting data is more important than ever. TargetSmart has created a site to paint a picture of the votes cast thus far. Check back often for updates.

Republicans have 44.3% of the vote, Democrats have 40.1%. To put this in perspective, Republicans led Democrats by double digits in 2018 and 2020.

Early voting patterns are different this year than two or four years ago. Don’t draw any conclusions from this. 

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Imagine thinking that life long social issues are bigger than short term economic ones that are based on global elements....

I mean yeah, the conservative Supreme Court overturned one of the biggest landmark decisions in US history, and elected Republicans have said they won’t accept the outcome of elections if they lose, but eggs were $2.59 a dozen last year, and now are $3.19 a dozen, so I’ll be voting for GOP down the ticket!

• Haha 2
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1