So you still wear a mask when you go out?

Fizzzzle

No. Haven’t for months. Nobody is requiring it around here, nobody wears them at work any more, everywhere else I see maybe 1% of people still wearing masks. It would feel kinda pointless for me at that point. 

The thing that gets me is the occasional person who is still wearing one, but only kinda. Like, where are you wearing that shit on your chin, my guy? Just don’t bother at that point. 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not only do I still wear a mask when I go out, I wear one when I leave my apartment to go to the mailbox. Outside in open air, no. But indoors? Yes I still wear a mask. Have never had Covid and don't plan on getting it... a summer surge seems pretty likely where I'm at.

Bring me back one of those Summer Surge 2022 t-shirts bruh

I have been, yeah. I was the only one at work that was still wearing one. I went to my sister's wedding this past weekend and didn't wear a mask because everyone was vaccinated and tested negative before. Just tested positive today. :/ 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Just tested positive today

And THIS is why I still wear one. Sorry to hear that bud. I've heard this story from so many of my vaccinated friends... I'm gonna stick with what's been working for me these last two and a half years. Wearing a mask isn't that big a deal... Asians have been doing it for decades :shrug:

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

And THIS is why I still wear one. Sorry to hear that bud. I've heard this story from so many of my vaccinated friends... I'm gonna stick with what's been working for me these last two and a half years. Wearing a mask isn't that big a deal... Asians have been doing it for decades :shrug:

Yeah,  it was foolish to let my guard down, I fully admit. For one weekend I wanted to pretend like COVID didn't exist, and now I'm paying for it. :/ 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't be too hard on yourself... I know a lot of people who have had the same thing happen. Hopefully you won't get too sick.

Thanks, so far my symptoms have been pretty mild; slight loss of taste, some mild achiness, and a slight cough. My sister feels terrible that a couple people got sick at her wedding, but I've just been telling her that 1) we all know what the risks are these days and 2) everyone has had a pretty mild case so far. 

• Sad 1
  • True 1

3 minutes ago, Nokra said:

My sister feels terrible that a couple people got sick at her wedding, but I've just been telling her that 1) we all know what the risks are these days and 2) everyone has had a pretty mild case so far.

She shouldn't feel bad... it is what it is these days. Another friend of mine got it at a wedding as well.

• Halal 1

I think once I recover, I will go back to wearing a mask. I'm not necessarily afraid of COVID itself (so far at least it has been very mild for me as I said, being vaxxed and boosted) but I'm more wanting to 1) avoid recurring infection and the subsequent down time and 2) avoid long-term consequences which are unknown at this point. 

I do at work and when I'm around others.  As much I want to avoid catching it myself, I really want to keep from giving it to my parents who are caregivers for my grandfather.  The long term effects are rather concerning as well.

Living in Indiana, it seems like I'm one of the only ones still wearing one.  They aren't that bad.  I've gotten used to the KN95s.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

57 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I wear one because I've come to enjoy the notion that half of my face is concealed.

I'd do this if it wasn't for my glasses. I have thought of getting some kind of cloth mask that is pretty ineffective but covers most of my face. Nothing I hate more than people recognizing me and wanting to talk to me. There is a reason we haven't talked until now. Because I don't want to talk to you. 

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

I think once I recover, I will go back to wearing a mask. I'm not necessarily afraid of COVID itself (so far at least it has been very mild for me as I said, being vaxxed and boosted) but I'm more wanting to 1) avoid recurring infection and the subsequent down time and 2) avoid long-term consequences which are unknown at this point. 

I think my son brought it home from school so the mask probably wouldn’t have helped. But yeah anything to just not get it would be best. The potential of long term consequences scares the hell out of me, but I really think everyone is destined to get Covid at this point.  My taste and smell went away a few days after testing positive. It’s only been 11 days but it fucking sucks not to be able to smell and taste. The other day I sat right next to a burning candle. One of those crackling wood wick candles that smells up the whole room with whatever scent it is. I couldn’t smell it at all. That’s been the scariest part for me so far. Fear of spoiled or rotten food. If my kids would leave something in a toaster or stove would I smell anything burning?

• Shocked 1

I stopped wearing mine roughly a month ago. Certain places still require a mask and will still comply. I’m triple vaccinated and feel about as good as I think I’m gonna be out there in the wild.

Sadly my little niece who’s just over a year old, brother and sister-in-law have caught it from a kid at her nursery :( Both mom and baby are congested and weak, but my brother says he doesn’t even think he has it. 

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

All that being said if a place still requires a mask I'll wear one. Like several weeks ago I went to the eye doctor and they required it the whole time even during the exam.

Yes, a few weeks back entering my dentist office they tackled me to the ground and put a mask on me. 

• Haha 2

Nope. Required at work and wont even wear one there.  At work we had a bunch of people within the last two weeks all test positive and had cold like symptoms. I was around all these individuals for long periods of time and I got nothing, Superior German genes I guess.  

Wash your hands and don't let anyone cough directly in your mouth.  Mask don't do shit. Especially since no one wears them correctly anyways

2 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Wash your hands and don't let anyone cough directly in your mouth.  Mask don't do shit. Especially since no one wears them correctly anyways

A high quality mask worn correctly by yourself is the most effective tool to stop you from getting Covid. Just the facts, ma’am 

No, which is funny on reflection as I was so pro-mask during peak pandemic. We were told however, that there was little point in testing, so through that, it led to me not overly caring. If I become I’ll, I’ll treat it as such, if I’m healthy, I’ll enjoy the freedom. I may change my tune at winter time though.

22 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

No, I haven’t in months. I’m just tired of them. I’m vaxxed and boosted and I just don’t really fear Covid at this point. 

I only wear one at work, where it’s required. 

Pretty much this. I wear one at work and at daycare. My daughter can finally get vaxxed this month so the last worry I have will be gone. 

8 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

A time traveler from March 2020! How neat.

• Haha 3