So you still wear a mask when you go out?

Fizzzzle

On 6/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, Bacon said:

I'd do this if it wasn't for my glasses. I have thought of getting some kind of cloth mask that is pretty ineffective but covers most of my face. Nothing I hate more than people recognizing me and wanting to talk to me. There is a reason we haven't talked until now. Because I don't want to talk to you. 

If your glasses are fogging your masking isn't sealing correctly.

• True 1

Breaking news: 

This just in people have different shaped faces! 

Find out more at 11.

The bridge of my nose is quite wide and my eye socket is more on the concave side than most, I have a hard enough time finding glasses that fit me without looking ridiculous let alone worrying about a mask on top of it. The bottom rim of glasses doesn't come anywhere close to resting against my cheeks to "seal" a mask.

Luckily I don't "need" to wear glasses for most things, but in the summer when I had to wear sunglasses wearing a mask was a nightmare.

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't know what to tell you... I wear glasses too with masks and don't have foggy lenses :shrug:

It's prolly cuz i got a big fat head, with big fat high cheeks, and a bit just slightly big enough for a standard blue disposable mask to not really latch on to my chin. And like most cloth washable masks don't even fit my head or if they "do" they are actually painful because they don't really fit. 

However, there are plenty of people who have these issues. I've seen it talked about a lot on reddit. Well, not so much these days, but it is an issue people have. 

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

It's prolly cuz i got a big fat head, with big fat high cheeks, and a bit just slightly big enough for a standard blue disposable mask to not really latch on to my chin. And like most cloth washable masks don't even fit my head or if they "do" they are actually painful because they don't really fit. 

However, there are plenty of people who have these issues. I've seen it talked about a lot on reddit. Well, not so much these days, but it is an issue people have. 

could someone create a sketch of bacon based on this information?

Indoors, yes. Masking, much like vaccinating before variants can mutate, requires collective effort from the population to be effective though. And since we've run that experiment and found that America won't do it, I don't expect it to be that effective at this point. America is mostly just fucked  and it's going to be what it's going to be. I'll continue to do my part because it's pretty low effort, but I'm not expecting much protection from it.

• True 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Not really if I'm going out to eat since I'll be taking it off anyway, but anywhere else, like at work I'm wearing a mask. Really only using surgical masks, which are better than nothing, but I do have a couple of KN95s, and used one of them. I'd like to get more, or get some N95s though since those are obviously better. 

• 3 weeks later...