What are you looking forward to this (E̵3̵ ̵) Summer games season?

crispy4000

Full list of shows:

• 505 Games Showcase: May 17, 6 AM PT
  • Indie Live Expo 2022: May 21-22, 6 AM PT both days
  • Warhammer Skulls: June 1, 10 AM PT
  • PlayStation State of Play: June 2, 3 PM PT
  • Netflix Geeked Week: June 6-10
  • Summer Game Fest Live: June 9, 11 AM PT
  • Day of the Devs: June 9, immediately after SGF Live
  • Tribeca Games Spotlight: June 10, 12 PM PT
  • Guerrilla Collective: June 11, 8 AM PT
  • Wholesome Direct: June 11, immediately after Guerrilla Collective
  • Future Games Show: June 11, 12 PM PT
  • Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase: June 12, 10 AM PT
  • PC Gaming Show: June 12, 12:30 PM PT

Nothing from Nintendo known yet, but you might as well watch this if you haven't yet.

• crispy4000 changed the title to What are you looking forward to this (E̵3̵ ̵) Summer games season?

Info on Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, The Last of Us remake and Kojipro's next project.

Hopes:

- Some news on GenDesign's next game

- Announcement of a Playstation version of last year's Myst remake

- Some in-depth Instinction gameplay footage

- In-depth look at Naughty Dog's current projects

- RE4 remake footage

Nintendo:

Mario + Rabbids 2 - I think this drops in 2022. 
Bayonetta 3 update and release date in 2022

Sony:

PSVR2 Astro Bot 2

FF16 update which seems like it’s being held back by Sony

GoW 2022 release date

Microsoft:

Hellblade 2 -it’s gotta be close

Starfield deep dive even though it’s delayed. Start the hype train

20 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Info on Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, The Last of Us remake and Kojipro's next project.

Hopes:

- Some news on GenDesign's next game

- Announcement of a Playstation version of last year's Myst remake

- Some in-depth Instinction gameplay footage

- In-depth look at Naughty Dog's current projects

- RE4 remake footage

Oh man forgot about Bomb Rush Cyberfunk yeahhhhhh.

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I would like some games to be announced that I’m actually interested in I guess. There’s not much on the horizon, even among a lot of the big games that got delayed, that really grabs my interest. 

What would a game that grabs your interest be?

The desert that open world western RPGs has become makes me sad. Big releases in the particular genre where always widely spaced, but now the B-tier companies that always filled the void with lovely jank are also failing. There are an ocean of these games on the horizon but COVID and other world events have combined to make that Oasis on the horizon a mirage. There are a load of indies rushing in to try and claim this void BUT between the logistical nightmare it is to make these kinds of games and the need to mess with fundamentals that already just work, has made many of these either very empty or very broken. 

17 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I would like some games to be announced that I’m actually interested in I guess. There’s not much on the horizon, even among a lot of the big games that got delayed, that really grabs my interest. 

This is how I feel as well which is why I’m still in no hurry to get a PS5 yet. I currently have 600+ PS4 games, and the few games that I’m looking forward to this year are coming out for it. There haven’t really been any current gen only games announced that I’m all that interested in, and I’m not sure when there will be since the gaming landscape seems to be moving away a bit from single player action adventure games and RPGs which are what I like most.

There's a bunch of unknowns I'd like to see.  Metroid Prime 4.  Next-gen Fable.  Perfect Dark.  Indiana Jones.  IO 007.  FF7R2.  But I doubt we'll get any of them.  Most are on MS' side this year, which is a welcome change.

Otherwise, maybe Sonic Frontiers?  Buzz behind the scenes is that its good.  Like any Sonic reinvention, I'm ... curious.

On 5/28/2022 at 7:39 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

The desert that open world western RPGs has become makes me sad. Big releases in the particular genre where always widely spaced, but now the B-tier companies that always filled the void with lovely jank are also failing. There are an ocean of these games on the horizon but COVID and other world events have combined to make that Oasis on the horizon a mirage. There are a load of indies rushing in to try and claim this void BUT between the logistical nightmare it is to make these kinds of games and the need to mess with fundamentals that already just work, has made many of these either very empty or very broken. 

we have to wait a bit but in a couple years we’ll have Starfield, Avowed, whatever in exile is working on, greedfall 2, probably whatever CDPR is working on plus others and we’ll be drowning in 100+ hour rpgs we can’t finish.

• Halal 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:00 AM, Dre801 said:

Truth be told, nothing.    I do hope for surprises though.

Same for me… unless October counts as summer because holy crap. That month is looking pretty amazing. And then Hogwarts and possibly God of War 5 for the Holidays? Yessir.

Summer-Game-Fest-Will-Be-Primarily-Focus
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

We're not going to see too many new things according to Keighley.

Summer Game Fest founder and host Geoff Keighley decided to set players' expectations in advance, saying the show is "primarily focused on stuff that is announced" rather than a bunch of world premiers you might've hoped for.

In terms of bombshells, comparable to Elden Ring's reveal last year, Geoff Keighley suggested reining in your expectations, as it's impossible to raise the bar every time. "What I would say is that a lot of the games we're going to show you are [already] announced, [but will] show new content to you," he said. "We're doing some good stuff for you, but definitely manage your expectations in terms of the megaton shocks that you're expecting."

No real surprise there.

Mostly looking forwards to getting my Steam deck and seeing how the GTX 40 series cards fair. A bit worried about power consumption next gen but I'm going for a 4080Ti complete ground up gaming rig late this year. Hoping I can buy a card at retail or I'll wait it out. If this goes anything like last year it's going to suck ass!