Update: Ezra Miller charged yet again. This time in Vermont.

Jason

10 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Ezra clearly used The Speed Force to make the situation not as bad as it seems, but not enough to cause a FlashPoint total reset. 

If he caused a Flashpoint reset we wouldn't know it happened. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Ezra Miller arrested in Hawaii. Again.
On 4/20/2022 at 6:36 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

russell crowe fighting GIF by South Park

He's the new Russel Crowe.

Lol so far their recent outbursts also remind me of that mid-late 2000's arc that Shia LaBouf was on. Other than that my reaction's similar to the Will Smith Oscars drama - disappointment, jokes and guffaws aplenty but not much beyond that.  Over the past several years I've realized theres so much going on offscreen the general public simply can't know yet and I try to factor that into my responses. 

What if the person they thew the chair at said something fucked up or threatened them? Had a knife and was on a drugged-fueled rampage or something? What if something serious went down between Chris and Jada the general public has no idea about that adds a truly fucked up layer of meaning to those jokes?  It doesn't excuse the punch (assuming it wasn't staged) and initial disappointment or making fun of it is sound enough maybe, but there might be info we don't know yet that changes how we feel about it if we did.

Plus I don't follow hollywood gossip drama often and might be missing context that IS public. It's a lot to keep track of tbh, nor do I care much. Most celebs, hollywood or not, are very privileged obv and society gives them way more importance than anyone should have. To many it might seem like everyone in the entertainment industry cares way too much about seeming as ethically perfect as possible and belittling anyone who isn't, but as anyone with experience knows it's just so any flaws or mistakes someone has isn't unfairly weaponized against them. Talent aside, celebs are human and capable of fucking up like anyone else and it less hectic times would want this to be normalized as much as anyone, and occasional inconsequential shitty behaviors that we'll all forget in six months are different from being terminally shitty people, having shitty beliefs, abusers, etc (Mel Gibson, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Dave Mustaine, etc).  And even then, we're talking about an industry where it seems like a third of everyone identifies as a scientologist lol, so it gets to a point where who cares? Generally those who do tend to be stalkers, toxic clout-chasers and other various weirdos. 

Not to mention the culture we see on social media of unironic immediate reacting with strong judgement or blindly agreeing w/ every scrap of celebrity drama or "expert opinion" without knowing full context is an unhealthy habit that seems increasingly ramped up and widespread over time. /rant

EDIT: Oof, didn't notice that until now, kal, thank you for the precision check ^_^

• 3 months later...
  • Jason changed the title to Update: Ezra Miller arrested yet again. This time in Vermont.
12 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I mean, that makeup is A+, though. Goddamn.

Imagine how much cooler society would be if men were fully as into makeup as women. 

Back when I was still dancing/touring, we wore stage makeup when in theatres of a certain size. I have to admit, while putting it all on was a hassle, the result was pretty cool. And we only really did eye ticks, eye shadow, and blush/minor contouring (so that people can see your facial features at a further distance from the stage).

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Ezra Miller charged yet again. This time in Vermont.