Movies that you love but will never watch again

Fizzzzle

Schindler's List is one off the top of my head. It's a brilliant movie, but I can only shed so many tears. 'Come and See' is another one in that same vein (if you guys haven't seen it, I highly recommend it, I think you can watch it on criterion. It's a Soviet movie from the 80's, it was never widely published)

There Will Be Blood is another one. I've only seen it once, I loved it, but I doubt I will ever watch it again. It's difficult. It hits some kind of nerve that makes my brain go "yeah let's not do that again."

What other movies fit this category?

For some reason, a lot of Paul Thomas Anderson movies tend to fit that category, now that I think on it. I don't think I've ever seen any of his movies more than once, and I don't particularly care to.

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

12 Years a Slave

Hard Candy

Schindler's List

I've never seen hard candy, now I feel like I need to.

Another one I just thought of is Running Scared. Not that I would put it on the same stratosphere as Schindler's List or There Will Be Blood, but it still hurts to watch in a good way

Most of them. Or really, I see most movies I really like twice and then never see them again. Saving Private Ryan is a movie I have only seen twice. Only once as an adult. While it is one of my favorite movies of all time I just don't like redoing the same thing more than twice with a few exceptions. Applies to books and games as well. Not to music tho. Any movie I have seen more than twice is probs cuz I watched it with other people

18 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

What's it about?

These two Jesuit priests are sent to find their mentor in 17th century Japan, where Christianity is, um, frowned upon. It's not the gnarliest movie I've ever seen, but it's definitely a tough hang. It's fantastic, and it made me think a lot about Faith (and how I never really had any), but I'm having a hard time imagining the scenario where I ever watch it again. 

55 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

These two Jesuit priests are sent to find their mentor in 17th century Japan, where Christianity is, um, frowned upon. It's not the gnarliest movie I've ever seen, but it's definitely a tough hang. It's fantastic, and it made me think a lot about Faith (and how I never really had any), but I'm having a hard time imagining the scenario where I ever watch it again. 

I still haven't watched the movie but the book is incredible. 

2 movies I liked (maybe not loved, but still like) was:

-The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

-End of Watch (2 scenes in particular freaked me out at the time) .

The young toddler and baby duct taped up in the closet. Then later when a guy stabbed one police officer in the eye and almost beats a female cop to death.

Just the way the movie was filmed in that "found footage" sort of way made it feel too real for me.  I liked both movies at the time, but I don't have an urge to revisit them.